Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   U.S Election 2016 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33702280)

Mr Banana 22-01-2017 08:46

Re: US Election 2016

The thing that scares me about Trump is that he sees things that others don't.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38707722

martyh 22-01-2017 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35881528)
So where are they when it comes to protesting of gay rights in other Countries, far far worse situations, like I mentioned in the Middle East etc where they kill gays. Where were they then ?

Gay rights are protested around the world all the time Mick.The most famous and regular being the Gay Pride March that happens every year to commemorate the Stonewall riots.They also march for gay Muslims ,there are marches in Israel,Turkey and India every year.The reason why there is such depth of feeling against Trump by the gay community around the world is because of his open and unashamed hypocrisy in stating that he has nothing against the gay community but wants to repeal or at least hinder gay marriage as much as he can .He has the attitude that being gay is ok as long you don't think you are equal to everyone else.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35881535)
Depends on what those viewpoints are...

I find it really bemusing that, we had Madonna of all people, being allowed to comment at the protests today, for 'Respect for women' when she herself offered 'Blow jobs' to people who voted for Hillary, what a bloody hypocrite she is and those who gave her a platform to speak on, really are a bunch of hypocrites as well.

So she was offering to commit a sexual act.

So here we have these so called women parents protesting today, who say they are embarrassed about Trump's grabbing women comment and yet they give a platform to someone who tried to buy votes with offers of a sexual act......:rolleyes:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/10/20/madonn...w-job-6203560/

Firstly you have understand that it's Madonna and she has made a career out of being controversial and secondly she was warming up the crowd for a stage show for the comedian Amy Schumer .Yes it was distasteful but she is allowed to do it because it's her choice unlike the women that Trump groped without their consent

---------- Post added at 09:31 ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 ----------

Apparently the fact that fewer people turned out for the inauguration is all media lies and apparently the spat between the security agencies and Tump where all media lies as well .Trump appears to be forgetting that he has let his mouth run on camera and on Twitter ,he also needs to realise that the media will play a huge part in his presidency and he needs them on side .

papa smurf 22-01-2017 09:32

with all these women out wearing silly hats who was at home cooking lunch :):D:D:D:D :bsmack:

1andrew1 22-01-2017 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Banana (Post 35881583)

What I find more perturbing is that there will be many who believe him, in spite of all available evidence to the contrary, even though I doubt he believes it himself!

Mr Banana 22-01-2017 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35881588)
What I find more perturbing is that there will be many who believe him, in spite of all available evidence to the contrary, even though I doubt he believes it himself!

The White House Press Secretary comes across as a complete numpty, the press will have a field day with that clown.

martyh 22-01-2017 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Banana (Post 35881583)

Well, exactly.His press secretary sean spicer has told every one that the inauguration was the largest audience ever to witness an inauguration despite video footage and photographic evidence to the contrary ,they even tried to use a photo of Obamas inauguration until people realised and they had to remove it from the site.

1andrew1 22-01-2017 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Banana (Post 35881590)
The White House Press Secretary comes across as a complete numpty, the press will have a field day with that clown.

Was he trained by Iraq's Comical Ali? :)
He sounds a bit of a "yes" man who will pander to Trump's whims rather than act as a trusted professional adviser.

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35881591)
Well, exactly.His press secretary sean spicer has told every one that the inauguration was the largest audience ever to witness an inauguration despite video footage and photographic evidence to the contrary ,they even tried to use a photo of Obamas inauguration until people realised and they had to remove it from the site.

The fact that Trump only gained 4.1% of the vote in Washington DC means that the turnout would probably be lower than for a Democrat President but I don't see why he has to lie about it. It suggests a bit of insecurity; which is worrying for someone in his position of power.

papa smurf 22-01-2017 10:36

Quote:

i watched it on TV as did most of the world that's a large audience , 31 million in the US alone watched it on tv .

1andrew1 22-01-2017 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35881593)
i watched it on TV as did most of the world that's a large audience , 31 million in the US alone watched it on tv .

It would be interesting to see TV viewer numbers as the controversy probably made these very high.
But I don't think TV viewers fit into the definition of witnesses.

papa smurf 22-01-2017 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35881595)
It would be interesting to see TV viewer numbers as the controversy probably made these very high.

if that's what fits your agenda .

martyh 22-01-2017 11:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35881592)
Was he trained by Iraq's Comical Ali? :)
He sounds a bit of a "yes" man who will pander to Trump's whims rather than act as a trusted professional adviser.

The fact that Trump only gained 4.1% of the vote in Washington DC means that the turnout would probably be lower than for a Democrat President but I don't see why he has to lie about it. It suggests a bit of insecurity; which is worrying for someone in his position of power.

Neither do i ,he's also said that the feud between him and the security services was made up lies by the media despite footage to the contrary.

Quote:

Trump is in for a short sharp shock .In his business world he could surround himself with 'yes' men and people to constantly 'big' him up ,if he does that now ,as it seems he is trying to do, he will very quickly be exposed as someone who talks big but cannot deliver the results .

---------- Post added at 11:09 ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 ----------

Quote:

Spicer specifically said "in person" ,he also said the use of protective sheets made it look like there where huge gaps in the crowd

---------- Post added at 11:14 ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 ----------

Quote:

31 million viewers according to ratings firm Nielsen ,far fewer than the 2009 Obama inauguration which is understandable ,the real question though is how many watched out of support and how many watched out of morbid curiosity to see what he will do next :D

pip08456 22-01-2017 11:16

Quote:

Quite.

Quote:

Quote:

As usual these two only cherry pick what they want out of what was said.

Quote:

Spicer said on Jan. 21. "That was the largest audience to witness an inauguration, period. Both in person and around the globe."
True or not until global figures actually come in any comment to the contrary is mere speculation.

papa smurf 22-01-2017 11:18

i watched a piece on the bbc a group of women[trump supporters ] in the capital trying to get to a position where they could be close enough to see Trump, due to security etc it was not possible to get close they listened at a distance to a very poor pa system because that was the only option that was available.

1andrew1 22-01-2017 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35881603)
Quite.

As usual these two only cherry pick what they want out of what was said.

True or not until global figures actually come in any comment to the contrary is mere speculation.

I've said that the global TV audiences could be high but these since when have "witnesses" been people sitting at home watching something on TV?
As I and others have explained before, Washington is 96% Democrat and the surrounding areas are Democrat strongholds as well. Therefore, it's not surprising that Trump would get fewer numbers along and it's nothing to be defensive about. If the ceremony was held in Texas then doubtless the Democrats would have fewer attendees than the Republicans. Hopefully they wouldn't do a Trump and pretend otherwise.

---------- Post added at 11:36 ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35881587)
with all these women out wearing silly hats who was at home cooking lunch :):D:D:D:D :bsmack:

:D

pip08456 22-01-2017 11:38

It has long been accepted that millions of people "witnessed" the lunar landing in 1969.

Now, according to you. They didn't.

Screw you, I did!