Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Internet Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Virgin Media Hijack customers browser search options (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33654059)

ferretuk 02-07-2012 09:11

Re: Virgin Media Hijack customers browser search options

Working now...

Paul 02-07-2012 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlwaring (Post 35448226)
Sorry but I just don't believe that.

If the URL was correct then there would have been no server error for VM's system to intercept.

Nobody cares what you believe Carl.

This post seems like nothing more than being argumentative for the sake of it (again). This is what we call trolling.

So here is your last warning : Stop trolling threads.

If you dont, I will kick you off Cable Forum (assuming Mick doesnt do it first).

Just so its perfectly clear, this isnt a debate, there is no right of appeal, or any other conversation to be entered into.
You will do as requested, or your account will be terminated. We have had more than enough of your arguing, trolling and general mindless posting.

carlwaring 02-07-2012 15:19

I have just spent the last five minutes deliberately mis-spelling/mis-typing URLs into Google's address bar and have yet to be presented with the VM 'advanced search system' (or whatever it's called.) I recently upgraded to 30mb and so got a new router and have no opted-out.

So my question is this....

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35448225)
I had it come up out of the blue when I tried to access my banks website recently. There was nothing wrong with the URL and it accessed correctly once I disabled VM's interferance.

If I can't deliberately trigger it by entering wrong URLs yet heero_yuy can seemingly trigger it by entering a correct URL, something is obviously wrong somewhere.

ETA:
Okay. I just got it by typing in www.hafilax-online.co.uk instead of the obvious. Interestingly, it didn't offer me the correct URL :D

qasdfdsaq 02-07-2012 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlwaring (Post 35448810)
If I can't deliberately trigger it, what am I doing wrong by entering wrong URLs yet heero_yuy can trigger it by entering a correct URL, one of us is obviously wrong. So who is?

Resisting the obvious temptation to simply blame you it could quite easily be neither.

There are plenty of legitimate explanations for such behaviour, such as a particular VM DNS server in one area having a transient network issue that prevents it reaching the DNS server of the site in question; the same thing could happen at the other end.

The only thing that's wrong is your attitude of if you don't know about it then there is no alternative explanation.

Sirius 02-07-2012 15:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq (Post 35448817)
Resisting the obvious temptation to simply blame you it could quite easily be neither.

There are plenty of legitimate explanations for such behaviour, such as a particular VM DNS server in one area having a transient network issue that prevents it reaching the DNS server of the site in question; the same thing could happen at the other end.

The only thing that's wrong is your attitude of if you don't know about it then there is no alternative explanation.

I can trigger it just by going to the link and selecting that i wish to have my dns hijacked, Then all i need do is misspell a URL and bingo there it is. However i have no intention of leaving it hijacked

carlwaring 02-07-2012 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq (Post 35448817)

Thank you for taking the time to explain it for me.

I realise I can sometimes be a little blunt but that's just how I am. I do try not to be and no offence is ever intended.

jempalmer 02-07-2012 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlwaring (Post 35448829)
Thank you for taking the time to explain it for me.

I realise I can sometimes be a little blunt but that's just how I am. I do try not to be and no offence is ever intended.

And that's why we have such a huge affection for you Carl. We love you really, despite your blunt approach. Incidentally, why have you not replied to my heart felt PM? I feel somewhat hurt :p:.

carlwaring 02-07-2012 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by jempalmer (Post 35448893)
Incidentally, why have you not replied to my heart felt PM? I feel somewhat hurt :p:.

The one from last week? Thought I had! (Just checked. I replied to the first; not the second :blush:)