Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   U.S Election 2016 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33702280)

adzii_nufc 06-11-2016 19:58

Re: US Election 2016

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35868104)
American's increasing polarisation is a concern although I think all Presidents have some nutters after them as you say.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...day-Jesus.html

Mick 06-11-2016 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35868101)
We know ,it's just with Trump being Trump he better get used to threats of violence against him because going on past history that's how Americans deal with unpopular presidents

I thought it was the Crazy, lone wolf theory which did that ?

As already stated, to you or someone else, who said this, JFK was not an unpopular President at the time of his assassination. 70% Approval rating.

But I seriously hope people are not justifying death or murder of a leader just because they despise them so much, I despise the Clintons for what they have done to the American people (and in most part the World) but I would absolutely condemn any form of malicious violent act towards them. We should move away from this line of discussion IMO.

martyh 06-11-2016 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35868106)
I thought it was the Crazy, lone wolf theory which did that ?

As already stated, to you or someone else, who said this, JFK was not an unpopular President at the time of his assassination. 70% Approval rating.

But I seriously hope people are not justifying death or murder of a leader just because they despise them so much, I despise the Clintons for what they have done to the American people (and in most part the World) but I would absolutely condemn any form of malicious violent act towards them. We should move away from this line of discussion IMO.

Nobodies justifying anything ,merely commenting on American history and JFK was deeply unpopular to someone cos they shot him .Clinton and Trump are unpopular ,the most unpopular candidates in history apparently so it's very likely that threats will be made to both

Damien 06-11-2016 20:18

Looks like the FBI are going to reveal something about the e-mails today...two days before the election

---------- Post added at 20:18 ---------- Previous post was at 20:17 ----------

The FBI director has informed congress that there was nothing in the e-mails that change their decision back in July. No more FBI investigation.

Hom3r 06-11-2016 20:23

From what I've understood is, what the FBI have done is highly unusual and some say illegal, this close to votong day.

Damien 06-11-2016 20:25

I think the FBI would have wanted to find something given the significance of the announcement last Friday. Idiotic.

---------- Post added at 20:25 ---------- Previous post was at 20:24 ----------

Here is the story: http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/06/po...d-conclusions/

adzii_nufc 06-11-2016 20:31

So the only charge they could have ever brought against Clinton disappeared with 'Ipleadthefifth' Combetta then, which wouldn't have been about anything in the emails but rather the instruction to tamper or destroy evidence under investigation. Comey botched that then found nothing here. I don't think he's between a rock and a hard place anymore, he's buried. Given that they found nothing in the E-mails they did have the first time round and the Combetta thing being unrelated to the actual contents then it seems daft now to have chased this one.

Barring something not boring from Wikileaks, we'll get a fair voting night without the BS.

Osem 06-11-2016 20:35

... and yet people still think our electoral system is rubbish. :D

Damien 06-11-2016 20:35

Corney just loves the attention maybe. Seems to have timed this for maximum attention.

adzii_nufc 06-11-2016 20:36

Maybe his future employers are watching. :dunce:

Damien 06-11-2016 20:38

This is probably too late. It might help Clinton a bit but it's far too late. Early voting already accounts for 1/3rd of the electorate and we'll never know if there has any bounce at all from the investigation ending.

adzii_nufc 06-11-2016 20:40

I've been watching /r/Conspiracy, following their incredibly hilariously disturbing election posts, they're crying fix and claim they've all been robbed. Lizard people have won :D

If anyone's wondering, that's where that pretty messed up and absurd Pizza party stuff led me.

Damien 06-11-2016 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35868126)
I've been watching /r/Conspiracy, following their incredibly hilariously disturbing election posts, they're crying fix and claim they've all been robbed. Lizard people have won :D

Mmm I haven't checked /r/The_Donald in a while.

adzii_nufc 06-11-2016 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35868127)
Mmm I haven't checked /r/The_Donald in a while.

I just did

Quote:

HILLARY CLINTON IS CURRENTLY UNDER MULTIPLE INVESTIGATIONS BY THE FBI AND THEY BELIEVE THEY HAVE AN AVALANCHE OF EVIDENCE THAT WILL LEAD TO INDICTMENT. DO NOT FORGET THIS R/ALL. (self.The_Donald)

submitted 4 hours ago
That timestamp :D, This guy isn't going to be popular.

/r/Conspiracy is way too extreme, a load of people putting together nonsense then screaming fix when it gets undone.

Arthurgray50@blu 06-11-2016 20:44

http://news.sky.com/story/fbi-no-evi...mails-10648486

Just seen on Sky News. See, it was probably a fit up up by the Republican Chief. To try and reck the election