Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : Expiring Bundle Discount (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709778)

andrewbrown 12-02-2021 19:57

Expiring Bundle Discount

Hi there,
I got a letter a couple of weeks ago to advise that my (Oomph) bundle discount is expiring 17.02.2021.

That was fine, so at the weekend I tried to look in my online account to see what my options were, but it comes up with "Oops! Something went wrong.
Sorry, we’re unable to change your package online."

I phoned up customer services, but I don't think that the guy I spoke to was terribly sure, but he said that he was unable to make any changes to my account either. He suggested it may be worth phoning back after the discount has expired, which I wasn't sure about. Today I've received my new bill with the discount running out, so I've gone onto my online account again, but I'm still getting the same error message.

Was he correct that I'm unable to make any changes, or even look at bundles, until next week, or does it sound like there's an error on my account?

Thanks for your help!

Jaymoss 12-02-2021 20:07

Re: Expiring Bundle Discount

Do the threaten to leave thing to negotiate a new deal. Even put your 30 days in if you need to you can always change your mind if they do not all to give you a deal . If you do not haggle you will not pay a competitive price. VM rely on the fact most people do not hassle for a better price

ozsat 12-02-2021 20:45

You have to speak to a special team for the' Oomph' bundle - regular team can not help.

I've alwats got the "Opps" message for online changes and offers - always have to call.

I was told it was because I had offers applied to the account.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewbrown (Post 36070342)
Hi there,
I got a letter a couple of weeks ago to advise that my (Oomph) bundle discount is expiring 17.02.2021.

That was fine, so at the weekend I tried to look in my online account to see what my options were, but it comes up with "Oops! Something went wrong.
Sorry, we’re unable to change your package online."

I phoned up customer services, but I don't think that the guy I spoke to was terribly sure, but he said that he was unable to make any changes to my account either. He suggested it may be worth phoning back after the discount has expired, which I wasn't sure about. Today I've received my new bill with the discount running out, so I've gone onto my online account again, but I'm still getting the same error message.

Was he correct that I'm unable to make any changes, or even look at bundles, until next week, or does it sound like there's an error on my account?

Thanks for your help!

andrewbrown 12-02-2021 21:02

Thanks Ozsat, that makes sense. How do I contact them, is it through the normal CS number?

Jaymoss 12-02-2021 21:03

the only way to get the very best deal is to threaten to leave

daveeb 12-02-2021 23:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewbrown (Post 36070357)
Thanks Ozsat, that makes sense. How do I contact them, is it through the normal CS number?

Yes as ozsat and Jaymoss suggest, any kind of discount and you can't make any online changes (I've tried a few times). You need to select "thinking of leaving" which I think is options 1,1,4,4 when ringing 150 from the landline if you have one (or at least it was until recently). You'll probably negotiate a modest discount by saying you're not happy with the price you're currently paying but if you want a decent reduction you'll need to play hardball and cancel your account. They should ring you back fairly sharpish with a decent offer, but it's not guaranteed.

ozsat 13-02-2021 05:07

You have to ask for the 'Oomph' team when CS answer.

jrt1973 13-02-2021 11:16

I'm having trouble renegotiating my Dad's TV package. He's in his mid 70's and slightly forgetful and is still using the old TiVo and I can't get down to him to set up the V6 due to lockdown, but he is paying £95 just for full house TV and it will be nearly £100 quid with the price rise. Because it is a legacy package, no available alternative packages appear on their system in retentions. In effect, he is being penalised for never phoning them and has just paid the annual increase. I'm trying to remove Asian Mela, Sky Cinema and Kids Picks and I've now spent 5 hours on the phone to 4 operatives that promise me a call back and none of them have. I'm just going to cancel and go to BT where his BB & Phone is. He only wants Sky & BT Sport for the football. How hard can it be. Thinking of making an official complaint, but don't know how to go about it. Surely technical can manually add or remove services with relative ease if the "system" can't cope with it? They promise a call back and then don't. Only canceliing his DD will work I suppose. I'm paying £85 for 350BB, Maxit TV with Sky Sports HD and weekend calls. Can't believe he is being fleeced, and retentions can't do a discounted deal for 25 years loyalty back to the ntl days... Sigh..

Jaymoss 13-02-2021 11:23

you could always consider Now TV as an option to go with BT BB. Once you put in your 30 days give them a week to call you and offer you a deal. BTs lead time is around 2 weeks including if you need an engineer for a new line ( this is what they told me when I was considering a move )

Remember the first retentions is just standard CS you need to cancel to get through to the ones who can really help

spiderplant 13-02-2021 12:39

Cancelling the DD is very bad idea. Just ring and use the "thinking of leaving" option.

OLD BOY 13-02-2021 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrt1973 (Post 36070402)
I'm having trouble renegotiating my Dad's TV package. He's in his mid 70's and slightly forgetful and is still using the old TiVo and I can't get down to him to set up the V6 due to lockdown, but he is paying £95 just for full house TV and it will be nearly £100 quid with the price rise. Because it is a legacy package, no available alternative packages appear on their system in retentions. In effect, he is being penalised for never phoning them and has just paid the annual increase. I'm trying to remove Asian Mela, Sky Cinema and Kids Picks and I've now spent 5 hours on the phone to 4 operatives that promise me a call back and none of them have. I'm just going to cancel and go to BT where his BB & Phone is. He only wants Sky & BT Sport for the football. How hard can it be. Thinking of making an official complaint, but don't know how to go about it. Surely technical can manually add or remove services with relative ease if the "system" can't cope with it? They promise a call back and then don't. Only canceliing his DD will work I suppose. I'm paying £85 for 350BB, Maxit TV with Sky Sports HD and weekend calls. Can't believe he is being fleeced, and retentions can't do a discounted deal for 25 years loyalty back to the ntl days... Sigh..

Whatever you do, don't cancel the direct debit. That could land your Dad in a lot of trouble.

Raider999 14-02-2021 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36070484)
Whatever you do, don't cancel the direct debit. That could land your Dad in a lot of trouble.

Shouldn't be a problem unless he is in contract - it is just exercising an individual's right to choose.

He has made every effort to change things after all.

RobboEdin 14-02-2021 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 36070608)
Shouldn't be a problem unless he is in contract - it is just exercising an individual's right to choose.

He has made every effort to change things after all.

..but cancelling the DD is not cancelling the contract. It’s choosing not to pay.

jrt1973 14-02-2021 11:46

Thanks for your advice everyone. I won't cancel the DD. I will give the 30 days though and see what happens. 100 quid for just full house telly is insane. Not being able to reduce it as "computer says no" is even more maddening. I think Maxit TV on it's own is only £55 + Sport and he could save considerably. Probably go to BT for 12 months and then come back as a new customer. Some of these firms have a funny way of rewarding 20+ years of loyalty.

wildfruit 14-02-2021 14:45

Give it a couple days before setting anything else up. Most likely get a call offering you what you want. Possibly even cheaper than new customer prices.