Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Internet Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   500M : Just upgraded (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33708283)

philwhite100 13-10-2019 14:25

Just upgraded

Our contract ended yesterday so i called VM and upgraded to the Oomph bundle top tier package and the included unlimited SIM is going to be handy for me too.

We are only paying £10 a month more than before and getting a lot more included.

SnoopZ 13-10-2019 14:30

Re: Just upgraded

Be advised the unlimited sim doesn't give you unlimited data in the EU when on vacation.

philwhite100 13-10-2019 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36013745)
Be advised the unlimited sim doesn't give you unlimited data in the EU when on vacation.

Yes i am aware of that thank you.

Rob King 14-10-2019 23:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by philwhite100 (Post 36013744)
Our contract ended yesterday so i called VM and upgraded to the Oomph bundle top tier package and the included unlimited SIM is going to be handy for me too.

We are only paying £10 a month more than before and getting a lot more included.

I got the same deal in May this year and find the 500mb speeds to be very intermittent I find I can only get 500 mb ish by rebooting the Superhub and my mobile and then I'll get it at 1am when I was on 200mb I would get that day in day out roughly 218mb, but as 500mb was just released it makes me wondered if it was too early hope you get good speedtest?

philwhite100 15-10-2019 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by philwhite100 (Post 36013747)
Yes i am aware of that thank you.

I have now got the sim card in the phone and the app installed and it says the following.

Use your mobile in the EU at no extra cost.

With Roam Like Home, use your allowance of minutes, texts and data anywhere in the EU just as you would in the UK

SnoopZ 15-10-2019 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by philwhite100 (Post 36014040)
I have now got the sim card in the phone and the app installed and it says the following.

With Roam Like Home, use your allowance of minutes, texts and data anywhere in the EU just as you would in the UK

Definitely not unlimited data in the EU.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...&postcount=275

Mythica 16-10-2019 00:18

Quote:

Fair usage policy applies, does it say that?

philwhite100 16-10-2019 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mythica (Post 36014051)
Fair usage policy applies, does it say that?

Yes it does. I don't intend going stupid with my data anyway. I was on Tesco before and my data limit was 1gb a month and that was costing me a tenner a month on a sim only dealing i rarely went over that. I got the VM Unlimited SIM as part of the Oomph package i have just upgraded to.

roughbeast 17-10-2019 17:31

Quote:

Virgin Media have been very confused about this and were originally saying that the SIM was unique and totally unlimited in the EU. They now have got their act together. Your allowance is 13.75 Gb per month in the EU.

They have also updated the FUP calculator. https://store.virginmedia.com/FUP-Calculator.html

Mythica 17-10-2019 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by roughbeast (Post 36014229)
Virgin Media have been very confused about this and were originally saying that the SIM was unique and totally unlimited in the EU. They now have got their act together. Your allowance is 13.75 Gb per month in the EU.

They have also updated the FUP calculator. https://store.virginmedia.com/FUP-Calculator.html

Without wanting an argument, there was hardly anything confusing about the FUP which you were told numerous times existed on roam like home which it stated in your legal terms and conditions of the package you signed, you just didn't want to believe this.

Yes VM staff were getting it wrong. (Not the first time they were wrong and wont be the last)
Yes the calculator could have been better explaining the cost of your sim.

But above all that you wanted to ignore the legal terms and conditions. I get why you wouldn't want to ignore VM staff but a bit of common sense would have went a long way here.

roughbeast 17-10-2019 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mythica (Post 36014231)
Without wanting an argument, there was hardly anything confusing about the FUP which you were told numerous times existed on roam like home which it stated in your legal terms and conditions of the package you signed, you just didn't want to believe this.

Yes VM staff were getting it wrong. (Not the first time they were wrong and wont be the last)
Yes the calculator could have been better explaining the cost of your sim.

But above all that you wanted to ignore the legal terms and conditions. I get why you wouldn't want to ignore VM staff but a bit of common sense would have went a long way here.

That was precisely the problem. Virgin Media staff got it wrong. 1) The Ooomph team believed and said that the SIM was truly unique and unlimited. They told me directly, after speaking to managers, that it was NOT subject to FUP regarding data limits. 2) The FUP calculator asked users to enter what their SIM cost. Oooomph customers could only enter £0.00 because there was no stated fee for their SIM.(The cost was embedded in a discounted package) The calculator told them they had no data allowance in the EU! 3) I didn't ignore the legal terms. The legal terms were unclear. On the day of Sale I was told that the SIM was unlimited in the EU! Common sense doesn't even enter into it. Customers believe what sales teams tell them or they have nothing to go on. They are the experts, you would think. When I raised the issue with them after using shed loads of data, they stated that the rest of Virgin Media hadn't caught up yet! THat's how sure they were, right up to department management.

This wasn't just a regular, minor, Virgin Media cock up. This was Virgin Media in full "things fall apart, the centre cannot hold' mode.

As I have reported earlier. Virgin Media have apologised profusely for misleading me and other customers and say they have now put things right. Naturally, they declined to put their apology in writing with a full explanation for the cock up.

Mythica 17-10-2019 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by roughbeast (Post 36014239)
That was precisely the problem. Virgin Media staff got it wrong. 1) The Ooomph team believed and said that the SIM was truly unique and unlimited. They told me directly, after speaking to managers, that it was NOT subject to FUP regarding data limits. 2) The FUP calculator asked users to enter what their SIM cost. Oooomph customers could only enter £0.00 because there was no stated fee for their SIM.(The cost was embedded in a discounted package) The calculator told them they had no data allowance in the EU! 3) I didn't ignore the legal terms. The legal terms were unclear. On the day of Sale I was told that the SIM was unlimited in the EU! Common sense doesn't even enter into it. Customers believe what sales teams tell them or they have nothing to go on. They are the experts, you would think. When I raised the issue with them after using shed loads of data, they stated that the rest of Virgin Media hadn't caught up yet! THat's how sure they were, right up to department management.

This wasn't just a regular, minor, Virgin Media cock up. This was Virgin Media in full "things fall apart, the centre cannot hold' mode.

As I have reported earlier. Virgin Media have apologised profusely for misleading me and other customers and say they have now put things right. Naturally, they declined to put their apology in writing with a full explanation for the cock up.

The legal terms were not unclear. It stated fair usage policy applies to the oomph bundles on roam like home, this was pointed out to you from the beginning. I don't disagree VM got it wrong, I'm saying if you had read the terms and conditions which are the legal part of your contract, you might have not went abroad and used as much data as you could. You can have 10 people telling you one thing, but if the legal terms say different, you stick to the legal terms, the terms that will have been read by lawyers to make sure they stay legal. This is were the common sense comes into it, VM doesnt own the network you connect to when abroad, they simply cant offer unlimited roaming.