Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Security & Virus Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Secure Your Wireless Network. (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=8435)

Ramrod 28-02-2004 00:11

Re: Secure Your Wireless Network.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
No I don't sorry - but I DO have another idea.

How about Word? Not the best option I admit.

But - if you press 'print-screen' then open word and choose edit>paste you'll get your screen shot.

Sorry I can't be of any more help

lol. don't have word either (and I bought this PC as a business expense :naughty: :D )
....but I believe the mac filter is enabled as I (?)re-entered the computer name and mac address and access control is turned on :)

dilli-theclaw 28-02-2004 00:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramrod
lol. don't have word either (and I bought this PC as a business expense :naughty: :D )
....but I believe the mac filter is enabled as I (?)re-entered the computer name and mac address and access control is turned on :)

I sure hope you get it sorted :) - and I hope I don't get this kind of problem when I get my wirless stuff :(

As I posted in another thread - dell surprised me and the laptop that i ordered was delivered earlier - and aside from a dead pixel near the top of the screen i'm pretty impressed.

I got a copy of works 7 free with it - and all I can say is I see why it's free!!! I thought works has a 'proper' copy of word in it.

ZrByte 28-02-2004 00:28

Ramrod, Photoshop should work the same as MSpaint. just load up the program goto edit ---> paste then it should ask if you want to paste as a new image, click yes and then you should be sorted. Simply save as .jpg and there you go :D

Ramrod 28-02-2004 00:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZrByte
Ramrod, Photoshop should work the same as MSpaint. just load up the program goto edit ---> paste then it should ask if you want to paste as a new image, click yes and then you should be sorted. Simply save as .jpg and there you go :D

Tried that. The paste option is 'greyed out' :shrug:

Stuartbe 28-02-2004 00:33

Quote:

You should be o.k. m8... Someone will have to know the wep key to use the network :)

Ramrod 28-02-2004 00:36

Quote:

I sure hope you get it sorted :) - and I hope I don't get this kind of problem when I get my wirless stuff :(

Cheers m8. I think it is sorted, we're just trying to confirm it :)

Stuartbe 28-02-2004 00:37

Quote:

As I posted in another thread - dell surprised me and the laptop that i ordered was delivered earlier - and aside from a dead pixel near the top of the screen i'm pretty impressed.

I got a copy of works 7 free with it - and all I can say is I see why it's free!!! I thought works has a 'proper' copy of word in it.

If you need a hand just let me know... :)

ZrByte 28-02-2004 01:30

Quote:

Tried that. The paste option is 'greyed out' :shrug:

Try File---> New. then try pasting?/

Sipowicz 28-02-2004 01:36

This is better than I thought! All the help Ramrod is getting will come in handy for me!!
Keep up the good work folks! :-)

Ramrod 28-02-2004 01:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZrByte
Try File---> New. then try pasting?/

:nworthy: :D

Proppinupthebar 28-02-2004 01:50

Quote:

Here you go Stu:
*edit* ermm...you may need photoshop to open that :D
strange, I resize all my other pics for here with photoshop and it doesn't do that

I would remove that and edit out your MAC address.

Ramrod 28-02-2004 01:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proppinupthebar
I would remove that and edit out your MAC address.

Removed...silly me :D

Ramrod 28-02-2004 01:54

1 Attachment(s)
New, censored screenshot :D

Proppinupthebar 28-02-2004 01:55

Quote:

Removed...silly me :D

Whats in the Wireless settings Menu option down the left hand side?

Ramrod 28-02-2004 02:09

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Proppinupthebar
Whats in the Wireless settings Menu option down the left hand side?

Dont know if this will be legible :(