Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Internet Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=14837)

Wolf 16-07-2004 12:15

Re: CF receive broadband speed upgrade Dates

I should imagine Wales will be last to get the increase. Ah yes we almost forgot about those guys who get less pay and house prices are going mad.

orangebird 16-07-2004 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf
I should imagine Wales will be last to get the increase. Ah yes we almost forgot about those guys who get less pay and house prices are going mad.

?? Did McCains relocate to your shoulder???

Wales will be getting the upgrade a little later - but only as late as the rest of the Langley platform subscribers...

:notopic: And believe me, it's not just Wales that has crap wages and ridiculous house prices, north Hampshire is just as bad... :rolleyes:

trebor 16-07-2004 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangebird
You're getting a 25% increase for nothing - and your tier wasn't previously affected by the price rises either - pray tell, what is not 'fair' about that?? :shrug:

:confused: some customers get 25% some get 50% :confused:
I hope you never get jury duty if you think that's fair.

so do you know why NTL gave away unequal increases :rolleyes:

orangebird 16-07-2004 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor

How about the 150K peeps who are getting a 100% increase - want to whinge about that? :rolleyes:

Getting cancer isn't fair, getting runover by a bus isn't fair. Getting a speed increase for free (regardless of %age) is fair. Bloody grow up.

paulyoung666 16-07-2004 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangebird
How about the 150K peeps who are getting a 100% increase - want to whinge about that? :rolleyes:

Getting cancer isn't fair, getting runover by a bus isn't fair. Getting a speed increase for free (regardless of %age) is fair. Bloody grow up.

:Yikes: :Yikes: :Yikes:

you gotta good point though , vote with your feet if you are not happy ;)

orangebird 16-07-2004 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulyoung666
:Yikes: :Yikes: :Yikes:

you gotta good point though , vote with your feet if you are not happy ;)

Diplomacy never was a strong point of mine. Neither is patience, or suffering fools gladly. And I make no apologies for any of it. :)

Yep, true too, you can always vote with your feet.

'So, sir/madam, why did you choose to leave ntl?'

'Because they didn't give enough away for free. It's not fair, he/she got more than me!' :cry: :rolleyes:

Simply Gray 16-07-2004 18:25

The McAffee Internet Connection Speedometer indicates that I am only getting 317.04 Kbps on my 1 Meg connection. Does that mean from 1st September might get 475kbps?

paulyoung666 16-07-2004 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Gray
The McAffee Internet Connection Speedometer indicates that I am only getting 317.04 Kbps on my 1 Meg connection. Does that mean from 1st September might get 475kbps?

if you are only getting that then i would be complaining :erm: try this speedtest and post the results back for the peeps to look at :)

Lew 16-07-2004 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

kronas 16-07-2004 18:53

orangebird one thing that amazes me, we (my family) have been NTL customers since (cabletel for a few years till it was taken over) 1998. not one day have i recieved a phone call giving me an incentive to either take up services or give me a discount.

now sky have offered me products at discounted prices on a few occasions. we have been sky digital customers since 2000-2001

now whos talking about loyalty ? SKY may increase prices but so do others...

NTL missed oppertunties for revenue and are creating more disgruntled customers...

Kneebs 16-07-2004 19:57

Well, I got a call from an NTL engineer late this afternoon, to say he'd be round tomorrow afternoon to swap my STB for the nice samsung one..... :eeek: :D

Bill C 16-07-2004 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kneebs
Well, I got a call from an NTL engineer late this afternoon, to say he'd be round tomorrow afternoon to swap my STB for the nice samsung one..... :eeek: :D

So free speed increase and a new settop. Must be the silly season :)

th'engineer 16-07-2004 20:57

are these samsungs about round here yet:)

BBKing 16-07-2004 21:28

Yup - been out and about on the Bromley network since the end of last year.

Bill C 16-07-2004 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by th'engineer
are these samsungs about round here yet:)

The question i would ask next is are you on 1 meg if you are then you will get one, If not i think its time you upgraded :).

Bill