Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   VOD : Netflix/Streaming Services (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33695779)

ocav 19-11-2013 11:20

re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:

Originally Posted by smallclone (Post 35646718)
I have no idea why anyone in their right mind would pay for Sky Movies.

Erm... those who watch Movies often and like the content available. Over the last month I have been able to watch Zero Dark Thirty, Life of Pi, Les Miserables, and Argo.

These are not available on any other streaming services and would cost me more than the Sky Movies subscription to buy on BluRay.

OLD BOY 19-11-2013 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by ocav (Post 35646729)
Erm... those who watch Movies often and like the content available. Over the last month I have been able to watch Zero Dark Thirty, Life of Pi, Les Miserables, and Argo.

These are not available on any other streaming services and would cost me more than the Sky Movies subscription to buy on BluRay.

I agree with you that the content on Sky Movies is good, but I do think they are over-charging. It will be interesting to see what the Netflix subscriptions look like when the contracts between Sky and the films studios come up for renewal.

Assuming, of course, that Netflix win some of those exclusivity deals as they say they will.

mike_gain 19-11-2013 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by naeskydish (Post 35646724)
I've got a great choice now by keeping Lovefilm and having netflix, cheaper than Skymovies and a great choice of content. I have haven't decided which one I prefer. The revamp on Lovefilm for streaming has been good, but having netflix played directly from my Tivo to me provides slightly better quality.

I am in the same boat. Decided to phone up and cancel LoveFilm but they game me free access till the end of February so I'll give them till then to get an app on TiVO, if they don't I'll probably cancel.

smallclone 19-11-2013 13:24

Quote:

Well if it works for you that's good.

denphone 19-11-2013 14:26

Quote:

Indeed its all about choice and what preference people have at the end of the day.

theone2k10 19-11-2013 15:32

Quote:

Life of PI is on Netflix Canada but i do agree with you Sky Movies is good value for people who enjoy movies. I watch quite a few movies on Sky movies mostly MGMHD that aren't available anywhere else even if using a smart dns.

denphone 19-11-2013 15:51

l have just received my 6 months Netflix voucher code.:hyper:

heavyside 19-11-2013 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35646825)

In the last five minutes I've received mine too.

MutleyF 19-11-2013 15:56

Yup - mine has arrived

theone2k10 19-11-2013 16:40

Didn't none of you get the 12 month Netflix code for being a Tivo subscriber? I did.

Just winding you up hehe i did get a 12 month code but it was a gift card from my cousin lol.

marko 20-11-2013 16:33

Enjoying the netflix experience, which is pretty impressive so far. But can anyone please explain how you access the search function once inside the app? Scrolling between the various categories is fine, but the search field is quite hard to track down without closing everything and going back in from the beginning. Thanks.

ocav 20-11-2013 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35646825)

Had to phone up and they gave me the code over the phone!

v0id 20-11-2013 19:08

Bloomin useless, to say the TiVo is supposed to have its own dedicated 10Mbps line it's slower than some of the Active Digital apps from the old Telewest days.
I didn't even get to the login screen before I got fed up of waiting and booted up the Xbox for Netflix.

Dukefever 20-11-2013 19:30

How do you get a code and what are the terms?

denphone 20-11-2013 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dukefever (Post 35647295)
How do you get a code and what are the terms?

You have to phone up and re-contract for 12 months and they then email you the code within 5 working days to customers.