Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

TheBlueRaja 25-10-2006 10:21

re: Rate the last movie you saw

The Departed 9/10

Quality movie and a real break from traditional hollywood type scripts, No shakey god damn hand cam either.

A bit violent and you'll need your thinking cap on but a great piece of work by Scorsese, Jack Nicholson is ****ing superb too.

See it.

Jules 25-10-2006 11:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedantic (Post 34143796)
Do you live in a big house Jules ?

If you do...........I dare ya.........watch it on your own. Muuuhhaahhaa :D

Nah just a 2 bed semi but I would be watching it on my own as loved one likes to play his comp games on a night and son and heir does not like that sort of film, so I will be watching it in the bedroom with the lights off :tu:

orangebird 25-10-2006 12:34

Severance - the film itself wasn't fab - 6/10.

Danny Dyer though, was effing marvellous, he really stole the show and made the film. I never thought I'd laugh so mumch at a severed leg. :rofl: 10/10 for his performance. :tu:

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - 7/10 I really liked it!

AntiSilence 25-10-2006 17:14

Quote:

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - 7/10 I really liked it!
I quite liked that one. Some people I know didn't, but they take some films way too seriously :) I like to enjoy a film for what it is.

Druchii 28-10-2006 00:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntiSilence (Post 34144362)
I quite liked that one. Some people I know didn't, but they take some films way too seriously :) I like to enjoy a film for what it is.

I concur, fantastic film :)

Stephen 28-10-2006 00:52

Just back from Saw 3 9/10

The best of the trilogy. By far the goriest twisted film I have ever seen.

Nugget 28-10-2006 01:01

Silent Hill, the other night. Crap.

If I may be so bold, may I recommend that no-one else in the entire world ever watches this film - it's simply 2 hours of your life that you're never going to get back...

Druchii 28-10-2006 01:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nugget (Post 34146075)

If I may be so bold, may I recommend that no-one else in the entire world ever watches this film - it's simply 2 hours of your life that you're never going to get back...

I enjoyed it...

Stephen 28-10-2006 01:13

Quote:

I really enjoyed it, and did find bits of it pretty scary.

The managed to capture everything that was great from the games.

Mal 28-10-2006 12:41

Slither - It was okay, not great but watchable.

TheDaddy 28-10-2006 13:26

Quote:

I couldn't agree more, if I hadn't tried so hard to forget what a steaming pile of poo it was, I would have posted a warning. May be the worst film ever made 0/10 :td: :td:

AntiSilence 28-10-2006 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 34146233)
I couldn't agree more, if I hadn't tried so hard to forget what a steaming pile of poo it was, I would have posted a warning. May be the worst film ever made 0/10 :td: :td:

I'm willing to bet that there's worse films out there than Silent Hill... I've not seen it, but I'm sure there's something worse.

Xaccers 03-11-2006 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntiSilence (Post 34146234)
I'm willing to bet that there's worse films out there than Silent Hill... I've not seen it, but I'm sure there's something worse.

Ultraviolet for starters!
What a load of rubbish.
Totally flat, no depth at all.
Most of the camera work/effects reminded me of Captain Power!
It's as though a group of students got together and made a film about their favourite comic and somehome managed to talk Milla into being in it.

3/10 and thats only because Milla was able to make an ok job out of a terrible role!

I seriously felt cheated by this film.

TheDaddy 03-11-2006 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xaccers (Post 34150090)
Ultraviolet for starters!
What a load of rubbish.
Totally flat, no depth at all.
Most of the camera work/effects reminded me of Captain Power!
It's as though a group of students got together and made a film about their favourite comic and somehome managed to talk Milla into being in it.

3/10 and thats only because Milla was able to make an ok job out of a terrible role!

I seriously felt cheated by this film.

I've seen both and agree Ultraviolet is bad and your 3/ 10 is probably what I'd give it however that still makes it three times better than Silent Hill

Hugh 03-11-2006 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 34150104)
I've seen both and agree Ultraviolet is bad and your 3/ 10 is probably what I'd give it however that still makes it three times better than Silent Hill

Thank you, Xaccers and TheDaddy - just saved me the price of a cinema ticket; I was pondering whether to go see Ultraviolet - you have helped me with that. :)