Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Freesat & Freeview (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   One or two new channels coming to Freesat. (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33701557)

RichardCoulter 22-09-2017 14:28

Re: One or two new channels coming to Freesat.

Yes, I agree.

Could GOLD be coming to Freesat?

UKTV are currently testing an (encrypted) channel on satellite using Eden, but with EPG listings for GOLD HD!

Hopefully they will make GOLD SD FTA and put it on Freesat/Freeview (which might explain the confusion over an advert that appeared to suggest that it was advertising GOLD as being on Freeview) and keep the HD variant behind a paywall as they have done with some of their other channels.

RichardCoulter 24-09-2017 06:08

Update: Eden HD is to close on Sky at 6am on Monday, with the capacity being used to eventually create GOLD HD.

This then paves the way for UKTV to make Eden SD and GOLD SD FTA and join Freesat ;)

nashville 24-09-2017 13:32

Thanks Richard. Always look forward to your news.

RichardCoulter 02-10-2017 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35917670)
Update: Eden HD is to close on Sky at 6am on Monday, with the capacity being used to eventually create GOLD HD.

This then paves the way for UKTV to make Eden SD and GOLD SD FTA and join Freesat ;)

GOLD HD started today on Sky, it'll be interesting to see how this fits in with UKTV plans to make any more SD channels available on Freesat.

Technical preparations have been made that suggest that Quest +1 and Quest Red +1 are to go FTA and join Freesat.

RichardCoulter 12-10-2017 01:19

As posted earlier, Eden HD was recently taken off Sky.

Another forum member (theone2010) has now posted in the 'Coming Soon to VM' thread that a source has stated that Eden HD is to also come off VM in early 2018 and that Eden SD is to go FTA. No idea about BT.

Hopefully this means that the channel will end up on Freesat :)

nashville 12-10-2017 12:11

Richard Just a wee querie, Somtimes when I am watching " Keep it country " on 516 I find the picture clicks away on and off, I end up just moving to the ordinary channels, Any thoughts on this,

RichardCoulter 12-10-2017 15:05

Not sure why this should be happening, I'll try and find out for you :)

RichardCoulter 12-10-2017 20:38

Apparently, Keep It Country is on one of the weaker transponders (along with Blaze).

Do you get Blaze ok? The only suggestion that I've been given is that replacing your LNB might improve or resolve matters.

Hope this helps.

heero_yuy 13-10-2017 11:34

Couple of other things could affect signal strength: Ensure that the dish has a clear line of sight skywards (sic) that is not through a tree or other growing things. It may also be that the dish aim is not ideal. This doesn't matter so much with a strong signal but could affect weaker ones enough to cause dropouts.

Aiming the dish using the weaker signal as the reference might help.

RichardCoulter 13-10-2017 18:08

That's true, I remember a lot of people having problems with UK Gold on analogue for the same reason . Transponder 23 was weaker as it wasn't really intended to be used for the UK, but all other channels were fine.

nashville 14-10-2017 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35919986)
Apparently, Keep It Country is on one of the weaker transponders (along with Blaze).

Do you get Blaze ok? The only suggestion that I've been given is that replacing your LNB might improve or resolve matters.

Hope this helps.

I tried out Blaze for a while and it seemed OK. I have some trees round my house that never bothered the channel before, but maybe this is the problem now, Maybe it will be better when the trees get bare . What is an LNB Richard,
Thanks everyone, I only went to Freesat because of the Keep
It Country channel ,

nodrogd 14-10-2017 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashville (Post 35920150)
. What is an LNB Richard,

Low Noise Block - Basically the piece of kit at the end of the dish arm that collects the signal & reduces the frequency range to a level the satellite receiver can handle.

Try all of the suggestions above & you could also re-run the Freesat Install option from the setup menu on the box.

nashville 15-10-2017 00:24

Don't really know anyone to go up to the dish. I just know it is really firm on the wall might try to install from setup.

RichardCoulter 21-10-2017 01:11

Apparently, Spike is to be rebranded as 5Spike.

RichardCoulter 21-10-2017 20:27

Heart TV temporarily rebrands to Heart Xmas from 1/11/17.

Euronews is to be renamed Euronews NBC following its purchase by NBC.