Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   General IT Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Weird noises coming from Monitor? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33665950)

Tinky 07-06-2010 10:07

Weird noises coming from Monitor?

Ok another one of my silly queries. :erm:

Lately I have been hearing weird noises coming from somewhere in my work station. I think I have finally tracked down where it is coming from, and it is starting to drive me batty! I think it is the monitor (MultiSync LCD 1530v). It sounds like someone is sending morse code, but the message always seems to be the same and of the same duration. I can still hear it when the speakers turned right down. What do you think it could be?:dozey: Sensible answers only please.:D ......................well if you must!:rolleyes::D

Graham M 07-06-2010 10:08

Re: Weird noises coming from Monitor?

Mobile phone nearby?

Tinky 07-06-2010 10:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham M (Post 35035724)
Mobile phone nearby?

Yes Graham, do you think that is the problem?

---------- Post added at 10:38 ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 ----------

Whew! Problem solved, thank you Graham. Moved the mobile to another room... simples! Thought I was going to be endless hours fixing this that and the next thing, quickest fix I've ever had. :D

Graham M 07-06-2010 11:12

No worries it's just the low frequency carrier signal interfering with the speakers, it will do that with most speakers, sometimes even when they're off

Kymmy 07-06-2010 11:15

Actually ultra high not low frequency... ;)

Tinky, did you think that they were messages from another world? :D

Tinky 07-06-2010 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kymmy (Post 35035764)
Actually ultra high not low frequency... ;)

Tinky, did you think that they were messages from another world? :D

Lol Kymmy! Messages from the other side/outer space :shocked::erm: either that or I was going doolally, well lets face it I'm half way there already!:D

Graham M 07-06-2010 11:46

My bad, I assumed wrongly that they were relatively low hence why they were affecting analogue devices

fatmat8 07-06-2010 12:01

my first thought it sounded like a modem signal

Kymmy 07-06-2010 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham M (Post 35035783)
My bad, I assumed wrongly that they were relatively low hence why they were affecting analogue devices

It's not the radio wave you hear but the pulsing as it sends out multiple packets of signals trying to negotiate with the cell tower. Because the packets are extremely close toegether it's as though they're a sound. This of course is picked up and then amplified by the speaker circuit.

Mr_love_monkey 07-06-2010 22:06

My first thought was that maybe you'd got it confused with the TV and Inspector Morse was on :)

Hom3r 07-06-2010 23:22

I heard that noise most of the time, and then shortly after, my phone will ring or a text message will arrive.

Kymmy 08-06-2010 09:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35036401)
I heard that noise most of the time, and then shortly after, my phone will ring or a text message will arrive.

It also happens on simple negotiations (for example when you turn your phone on, or if the tower hasn't heard from it for a length of time. The pulses then tend to be shorter than when a call is incoming

Lord Nikon 10-06-2010 06:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakman (Post 35038128)
Count your tennis balls. It sounds like digestion. Watch him over the next 24 hours. Make sure he's eating drinking and relieving himself of both. If he's not doing all of these, take him to the vet.

Whatever you are on damn is it strong.

the-cable-guy 16-06-2010 01:44

roflmao