Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Streaming : Hawkeye (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710586)

Pierre 25-11-2021 17:02

Hawkeye

Watched first episode last night and really liked it. Will watch Ep2 tonight.

Worth it just to see Avengers the Musical! Brilliant.

Chris 25-11-2021 19:49

Re: Hawkeye

Excellent stuff. Communal squeal from all in the living room when part 1 ended … boiling the kettle then getting straight on with the next one. :D

Paul 25-11-2021 20:34

Just watched Eps 1 & 2. Brilliant. :D

Apparently the Mafia boss is getting her own spinoff series, called Echo.

Chris 25-11-2021 21:07

Part 2 done. Another superb Marvel TV series in the making.

Hugh 25-11-2021 21:44

Totally agree

Paul 25-11-2021 22:46

Its a shame they only do such short seasons.

Chris 25-11-2021 23:23

While it’s always disappointing that a season is gone so fast, on the plus side because streaming platforms aren’t trying to fill ad-led 23 week slots there’s no filler, no ensemble cast of characters of varying strength to rotate, no clip shows and no picking up and putting down of competing plot threads for weeks at a time. Marvel in particular, given the varying episode lengths and numbers of instalments it has produced so far, seems determined to tell the story in the best way it can be, led by the story and not by a studio quota, and then move on. Overall I think it’s a strength.

Paul 26-11-2021 00:22

Nah, I think 10 or even 13 would be fine (a lot of Netflix are 10, which works quite well).

Chris 26-11-2021 07:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36102579)
Nah, I think 10 or even 13 would be fine (a lot of Netflix are 10, which works quite well).

10-13 works well for shows with an episodic format. If however one story is fully serialised over that number of instalments it can start to drag out. The most recent series of stargirl is a good example of that - the risk is you end up watching the heroes getting beaten up for 12 weeks before it’s all resolved in the first 20 minutes of the finale. Then they move on to establish the set-up for next year.

IIRC Marvel has stuck to serialised material so far, and I do think they have been wise to limit the number of instalments within each serial to the number required to tell the story.

Chris 15-12-2021 20:20

Spoiler: 
A very brief glimpse of Kingpin at the end of tonight’s episode … and it was the Vincent D’Onofrio version. Does this increase the chances that Charlie Cox really is going to cameo in the new Spiderman?

General Maximus 18-12-2021 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36102586)
stargirl is a good example of that - the risk is you end up watching the heroes getting beaten up for 12 weeks before it’s all resolved in the first 20 minutes of the finale. Then they move on to establish the set-up for next year.

I agree however I would quite happily sit there and watch Brec Bassinger read the phonebook.

Chris 18-12-2021 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36106210)
I agree however I would quite happily sit there and watch Brec Bassinger read the phonebook.

:rofl:

She’s extremely cute, that’s for sure. Though as I’m old enough to be her father I’ll leave it there. :)

However, while we’re on the subject of your realism factor, what did you think of the latest MCU developments in Hawkeye?

General Maximus 18-12-2021 19:18

haven't seen any of it yet. There has been so much on tv recently that I have only been able to keep up on my current weekly series. I have had to make a list of new seasons/series to watch over Christmas while everything is on a break and they currently include Lost in Space, Cobra Kai, Hawkeye, Bobba Fett, The Expanse and The Witcher.

Chris 18-12-2021 19:45

You won’t be disappointed with Hawkeye. It’s a superb addition to the tapestry of the MCU and the way it both connects to and expands upon it will give you a massive realism factor.

The rest of those are still on my list!

General Maximus 18-12-2021 19:53

Fantastic, i look forward to them and will let you know when i have seen them.