Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Streaming : Invasion (Apple tv) (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710493)

Russ 23-10-2021 12:45

Invasion (Apple tv)

Anyone watching this? The first 3 episodes are available immediate streaming and the rest will be weekly.

Comes across in many ways like an American “War of the Worlds” in that it’s a fairly slow burner.

Seem like it could have legs.

cupcakes aka dd 23-10-2021 13:10

Re: Invasion (Apple tv)

Looking forward to watching them.

Paul 24-10-2021 13:28

So far, Ive watched episode 1.

It does seem to be a bit slow, but I'll see how it goes.

Pierre 25-10-2021 10:56

i don't have apple tv, it's a streaming service too far.

Jaymoss 25-10-2021 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 36098720)

Neither do I but I will watch them all together if reviews are good once finished. I made the mistake of watching Y The last man as it aired but with it being cancelled, I assume it will not end properly so scrapped it. Better to wait till they all aired

Russ 25-10-2021 11:16

Quote:

I have a free 12 month subscription from when I bought my iPad.

cupcakes aka dd 25-10-2021 18:07

Watched the first one. Like it. Great cinematography and great switching between characters lives. Glad it’s not bam from the word go with The Rock shooting hoards of bugs from an insane laser gun.

Paul 26-10-2021 00:35

Well, Ive made it to the end of episode 3.

Its definitely slow burning, but just about doing enough to keep me interested, I'll keep watching for now.

jfman 26-10-2021 21:31

Quote:

It’s also the (main) one I don’t have. There’s not enough value in all of these tenners.

General Maximus 28-10-2021 19:12

I would choose to have Apple over Amazon and Netflix, the quality of the stuff they make is out of this world. If you watch series like See, For All Mankind and Foundation you come away thinking somebody at Apple sat down and said "if we are going to do this we are going to do it properly and it doesn't matter how much it costs". Apple may have been late into the streaming game but imho they really do set the standard for everyone else to beat with regards to the quality of material they produce. The thing which bugs me about Netflix is that they seem more interested in quantity over quality and the majority of the tv series and movies they make are very average.

General Maximus 28-10-2021 22:18

https://www.imdb.com/news/ni63451503/

Speaking of which, the app is going to start appearing on the Sky Q boxes so hopefully people will be curious and take a look at it and see how much quality stuff there is on offer.

Russ 29-10-2021 23:24

Another slow burning episode, again giving us just about enough to want to see a little more.

General Maximus 29-10-2021 23:31

I have still only watched ep 1. I'll catch up next week.

Paul 30-10-2021 21:41

If it slows down any more it'll stop.

I'm trying to be patient with it, but Im running out.
We did at least get a very brief glimpse of an alien (I think).

It better start coming to life soon, or Im going to relegate it to "skip through" watching.

Russ 01-11-2021 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36099397)
We did at least get a very brief glimpse of an alien (I think).

I’m guessing that scene was put in as a dangling carrot to keep us watching. You’re absolutely right, I think “slow burning” can work if it’s done well but doubt is starting to creep in now.