Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Stephen 23-05-2007 12:12

re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 34310388)
The Frighteners (HD DVD, Director's Cut)

Excellent black comedy horror from Peter Jackson (LOTR, King Kong), when he was starting to enter the mainstream, but before he went on to do mega-budget blockbusters.

8/10

Sweet, I didn't know this was on HD DVD. Think I will pick it up. I love this film. Its one of MJFs best films.

Last film I watched Next.... 3/10

What a load of nonsense. Cage gets from bad to worse these days.

TheDaddy 23-05-2007 15:10

300 Liked it, a lot 8.5/10

etccarmageddon 23-05-2007 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ B (Post 34311821)
Eh??

It means I thought the film was utter rubbish as it had the worst 'twist' that I've ever seen.

I see!

Tezcatlipoca 23-05-2007 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthYoda (Post 34311844)
Sweet, I didn't know this was on HD DVD. Think I will pick it up. I love this film. Its one of MJFs best films.

Yep, it's excellent :D

And a bargain too.... only £12.99 at Movietyme! That's cheaper than the DVD, lol. Ignore the release date - it is out now ('cos I got it from them last week!).

US disc. Still no UK release date AFAIK. But, that doesn't matter, 'cos of the HD DVD format's very handy lack of region coding (unlike Blu-ray).

I've got most of my HD DVDs from Movietyme...cheap & fast :)

tweetypie/8 25-05-2007 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 210980)
(thread idea lifted from another forum ;) :) )

Here goes......

Last night: "Underworld" (DVD) - good, better than I expected. I'd give it....7/10

Just finished watching: "Equilibrium" (DVD) - surprisingly very good. Good story, good cast, great action & fight scenes. Easily better than the awful Matrix Reloaded & Revolutions. Score: 8/10.

gladiator never get tired watching it,great cast loads of action plus a first class storyline :tu:

TheBlueRaja 31-05-2007 20:50

Silent Hill,

A lot better than i was expecting but still average, 6/10 i'd say, worth a watch if your bored.

Miami Vice,

Cracking movie, really enjoyed it and i loved the realistic way it was shot and again not the cheesy ferrari movie with dodgy one liners and wise cracks i was expecting.

A 9...

Xaccers 01-06-2007 11:11

The Crow 9/10

AntiSilence 02-06-2007 01:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xaccers (Post 34318897)
The Crow 9/10

:tu::tu::tu::tu: FANTASTIC film.... One of my all time faves, which I'd give 9.98/10. Love it.

I've got the original J O Barr graphic novel too. Damn good.

etccarmageddon 02-06-2007 08:52

I have to recommend Nic Cage remake of the Wicker Man - you need to be fairly/very drunk and in a group so you can all take the P out of it.

Xaccers 02-06-2007 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by etccarmageddon (Post 34319568)
I have to recommend Nic Cage remake of the Wicker Man - you need to be fairly/very drunk and in a group so you can all take the P out of it.

Ah, so that's what I did wrong...

Tezcatlipoca 02-06-2007 23:44

Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End

Hmm.

6/10.

A mess.

Some very spectacular scenes, plus the odd really good bits & funny bits (Geoffrey Rush was excellent as always, the monkey was funny, & Keith Richards was great in his little cameo), but.... a mess.

At one point one of Lord Beckett's men said to him, regarding Jack Sparrow, "Do you think he plans it all out, or just makes it up as he goes along?".

I think the same could be said of Verbinski & the writers.

Pirates 1 - excellent.

Pirates 2 & 3 - OK, but rather nonsensical (especially no.3), definitely too long, & full of bits where they must have gone "Oh, we've still got loads of money left from the budget...what pointless OTT bit should we tack on now?".

wwe 03-06-2007 00:10

spiderman 3 10/10 the best

Stuart 03-06-2007 00:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 34320031)
Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End

Hmm.

6/10.

A mess.

Some very spectacular scenes, plus the odd really good bits & funny bits (Geoffrey Rush was excellent as always, the monkey was funny, & Keith Richards was great in his little cameo), but.... a mess.

At one point one of Lord Beckett's men said to him, regarding Jack Sparrow, "Do you think he plans it all out, or just makes it up as he goes along?".

I think the same could be said of Verbinski & the writers.

Pirates 1 - excellent.

Pirates 2 & 3 - OK, but rather nonsensical (especially no.3), definitely too long, & full of bits where they must have gone "Oh, we've still got loads of money left from the budget...what pointless OTT bit should we tack on now?".

I actually agree. There were some good bits, especially the bits where jack talks to himself..

Spoiler: 
Also, I loved the bit where Jack says how Pirates could be a little unimaginative with names, then goes on to talk about the pirate who lost both legs, one arm and part of his eye. Geoffrey Rush says "What was his name then?" to which the reply was "Erm, Frank"..

But, in general, the film was overlong and the story didn't seem to hang together well.

handyman 03-06-2007 01:30

Matrix
8 years old and still a classic. Love the filters and the styling and the sfx. Think I might have a double bill of matrix 2 nd 3 tommorow :-)

AntiSilence 03-06-2007 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by handyman (Post 34320085)
Matrix
8 years old and still a classic. Love the filters and the styling and the sfx. Think I might have a double bill of matrix 2 nd 3 tommorow :-)

The Matrix (1st one) :tu:

Matrix 2 :td::td:

Not bothered watching the 3rd one.