Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Stephen 08-03-2010 00:08

re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spectato (Post 34975985)
Ghost Town (2008)

Felt like I was watching 'The Invention Of Lying' again.
Everything I see with Gervais in makes me like him a bit less.....

5 out of 10

Although Ghost Town was first ;)

Spectato 08-03-2010 01:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 34976221)
Although Ghost Town was first ;)

Not at my place it wasn't! ;)

Jimmy-J 08-03-2010 10:41

Once Upon a Time in America (1984) A Sergio Leone masterpiece 9/10

Tezcatlipoca 10-03-2010 23:49

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland (3D)

8/10

Not his best, not his worst. Good fun, good cast.

speedfreak 13-03-2010 13:57

Dragonquest, paid for it on VM on demand last night and boy do I wish I hadnt bothered. Fell asleep an hour into it, it just looked so cheaply made complete with poor acting. Worse film Ive watched in a while 2/10

Hom3r 13-03-2010 14:32

Death Race 8/10

Great (loose) remake.

I don't know what I liked best, the cars or the Cuban bird :drool: who drove with Statham.

admars 13-03-2010 22:27

Alice in Wonderland 3D - 7/10

Not as bad as but suffered same problem as Gilliam's Dr Parnassus, seams Burton got caught up too much in making it look nice (which it did) but forgot to make his version of the story engrossing.

It all looked pretty but the missus and I were disappointed. Also, unlike Avatar and Up we thought the 3d was just tacked on and wasn't really necessary :(

Spectato 13-03-2010 22:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by admars (Post 34979917)
.... we thought the 3d was just tacked on and wasn't really necessary

I wonder how many times that sentiment will be expressed over the coming years?

CycoSymz 14-03-2010 00:19

Old Dogs - 7/10 A rather enjoyable family comedy

Law Abiding Citizen - 8/10 Enjoyed this one

Alien 14-03-2010 19:17

Posting some of these now, as the list is getting a bit long.

Teen Wolf: Still an enjoyable classic. 8/10

Hot Shots! Part Deux: Still hilarious. 8/10

The Zombie Diaries: I liked it until the ending, about which the only redeeming quality was some boobage. If they'd given it a better ending I'd have given it a 7. 6/10

7 Seconds: Not-bad heist/action movie, with a couple of decent car chases. 7.5/10

Syriana: I expected something better from what I'd heard of it, the whole telling the story with 3 seperate plot-lines thing spoilt it, in my opinion. 5/10

Ambulance Girl: Not-bad drama, with some funny moments. 7/10

Anger Management: Frequently funny, but also frustrating - as there's no way I would have put up with some of the things the main character did, but then that's kind of the point of the film. 7/10

NightScream: Supposedly a "horror", but only really a drama/thriller. Some interesting twists & turns to the plot. 6.5/10

Thirst: Pretty average disaster movie about a city's water supply getting infested with a bacteria that manages to get through all the filtration at the local water plant. 6/10

10 Things I Hate About You: Pretty good RomCom, ...plus Julia Stiles. :drool: 8/10

Date Movie: Equal parts hilarious & gross. Hard to imagine Alyson Hannigan being unsexy, but they actually achieved it for the first part of the movie. 8/10

Iron Maiden: Flight 666: Interesting behind-the-scenes look at them on tour. 7/10

Savage Planet: You may have noticed that I don't mind watching low-budget/made-for-TV movies now & then... this was not 1 of the better ones. I mean, seriously - you make a film about people travelling to another [Earth-like] planet, where they end up on the menu of the local wildlife, & the best you come up with is bears?! Smegging BEARS! http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alien42...es/wtfsign.gif :fit: 3/10

Death Wish II: Not too bad I suppose. 6/10

K-PAX: A bit odd, but a charming & ejoyable movie. 7.5/10

Behind the Camera: The Unauthorized Story of 'Mork & Mindy': Very funny in places, mostly because Chris Diamantopoulos does a very good job of capturing the essence of Robin WIlliams' rapid-fire comedy. It also provides an interesting insight into how the network ruined the show. 7.5/10

Formula for Death: Not bad Made-For-TV medical conspiracy thriller. 7/10

Death Wish 3: Best of the 3, IMHO. Not bad for a mid-80s action flick. 7.5/10

Little Man Tate: I found it a bit sad/depressing overall, even though it had a happy ending. 6/10

Day Watch: Pretty cool film, though a little bit hard to follow in places. 8/10

alferret 15-03-2010 21:37

Watching "The flying fist's of Shanghai Joe" Its so bad its quite good, a noodle western of no notable note gets a 0\10 but im gonna watch it to the end just to see if Joe saves the Mexican's :o:

Alien 17-03-2010 01:30

Joe Somebody: Quite enjoyable. Maybe not worth buying, but worth seeing if you haven't seen it before. 7/10

Mean Girls: Some good laughs. 7.5/10

Spirited Away: Another magical adventure from Studio Ghibli. 8.5/10

Stephen 17-03-2010 16:24

Green Zone - 9/10 Brilliant!

Will21st 17-03-2010 21:50

Forbidden Planet 10/10 Loved it,Sci-Fi classic!

alferret 20-03-2010 21:59

Paranormal Activity.
Really slow & heavy going but with the right amount of "things that go bump in the night" to keep you watching, my wife dissapeared after half an hour to read a book & leave me on my own.

Excellent twist at the end, need to get the alternate ending just to have a quick watch.

7\10