Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Saaf_laandon_mo 28-12-2008 16:02

re: Rate the last movie you saw

Finally saw Transformers today. Not bad at all. At least a 7 out of 10 for me.

moaningmags 28-12-2008 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo (Post 34705395)
Finally saw Transformers today. Not bad at all. At least a 7 out of 10 for me.

Watching it now, love this movie, seen it at least 20 times, I'd rate it 10/10

Tezcatlipoca 28-12-2008 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob M (Post 34704662)
9 hours, 3 guys in the woods, 1 ring getting destroyed.....

ROFL, more than 9 hours, with the Extended Editions...

-----------------------------

Ah, Christmas TV...

Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban - 8/10

Ella Enchanted - 5/10

Big - 8/10

Madagascar - 6/10

Richard III - 9/10

The 39 Steps (BBC version) - 8/10

Tezcatlipoca 30-12-2008 00:09

Blade - 8/10

Blade II - 8/10

If rated solely for coolness, & how much of a bad-ass Blade is - 10/10

Blade Trinity - 6/10

Too much "Nightstalker" action, & not enough Blade. I had heard that was due to Goyer thinking of doing a Nightstalker spin-off, which would make sense (not that doing a spin-off itself would actually make sense, as that would suck).

Jessica Biel is super-sexy as Whistler's daughter Abigail, although the whole iPod thing is stupid. Still, at least she's better than...

Hannibal King. I can't remember the name of the guy who played King, & I don't want to. The character was an irritating arse, rather than what I assume was meant to be some sort of ill-judged comic relief. Blade's face whenever King speaks says it all...

The only funny thing King said was a joke about lesbian vampires.

Other than that, he was a <beep beep>, & seemed out of place in what is meant to be a BLADE MOVIE. I want to see Wesley Snipes killing vampires with loads of cool weapons, not some unfunny numpty making jokes.

The dogs were also bloody stupid. WTF was up with the whole Reaper mouth thing?!

Oh, & Drake... Although it was amusing seeing Prison Break's Lincoln Burrows as a vampire, I think the whole Drake thing was crap in various ways. Ah, he's got a "segmented snake style skeleton" so he can shapeshift, of course... :rolleyes: And WTF did he have a Reaper mouth when in monster form?

Funny seeing BSG's Leoben as a vampire too.

And the main vampire chick was quite fit.

Also, the ending of the Extended version makes no sense. If they wanted to remove the bit with Drake-as-Blade on the autopsy table, they really should have also removed Drake's comment to Blade about a "parting gift".

Still, at least the final cut didn't use the godawful warewolf ending...

I did quite enjoy Trinity, & I enjoyed it the 1st time I saw it a few years ago or whenever it came out. But watching again it straight after re-watching the first two really shows how poor it is in comparison...

moaningmags 30-12-2008 00:17

Wow Matt, did you breathe during that??

Stephen 30-12-2008 01:18

Lakeview Terrace 8/10

Pretty decent thriller. Sam Jackson really is a bad mofo in this movie, lol.

cishi 30-12-2008 09:05

WANTED 9/10 :D

Great storyline with unexpected twist. Nice stunts with computer generated graphics.

Kymmy 30-12-2008 09:08

House Bunny

You can't help but laughing :)

7/10

Tezcatlipoca 31-12-2008 00:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by cishi (Post 34706383)
WANTED 9/10 :D

Great storyline with unexpected twist. Nice stunts with computer generated graphics.

I found the twist rather obvious, but it was still a very enjoyable movie, with some excellent action.

-----------

Conspiracy - 9/10

Excellent fact-based BBC/HBO dramatisation of the Wannsee Conference, at which Reinhard Heydrich & other Nazis discussed how to go about the "Final Solution to the Jewish Question"...

Very well made, with a top notch cast (including Kenneth Branagh as Heydrich, Stanley Tucci as Adolf Eichmann, and Colin Firth as Wilhelm Stuckart).

shredder 31-12-2008 11:32

Changeling - I wasn't expecting to like it, but I actually really did! 8/10.

Set in the 1920's and quite sad in parts, directed by Clint Eastwood.

zing_deleted 31-12-2008 14:30

Bedtime Stories. Took Bethia to cinema to watch and expected an ok film but it was well funny. All the Happy Madison lot were in it a couple of cameo roles by Rod Schneider and a few other faces you will recognise including Russel Brand and Guy Pearce. Humour is excellent story is excellent and the kids will love top fun :) 9/10

The Guinea pig steals the show ;)

Hom3r 31-12-2008 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 34706902)
Conspiracy - 9/10

Excellent fact-based BBC/HBO dramatisation of the Wannsee Conference, at which Reinhard Heydrich & other Nazis discussed how to go about the "Final Solution to the Jewish Question"...

Very well made, with a top notch cast (including Kenneth Branagh as Heydrich, Stanley Tucci as Adolf Eichmann, and Colin Firth as Wilhelm Stuckart).

I thought this was excellent as well, very powerful, they could have so easily been discussing a mice/cocroach infestation. (If you didn't know the truth.)

I bought this on DVD a few years back. A must see.

Alien 01-01-2009 03:37

The Fast and the Furious: Enjoyable enough action flick. 7/10

The Cat Returns: Thoroughly enjoyable piece from Studio Ghibli, with talking cats. :) 8/10

mharte 01-01-2009 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 210980)
(thread idea lifted from another forum ;) :) )

Here goes......

Last night: "Underworld" (DVD) - good, better than I expected. I'd give it....7/10

Just finished watching: "Equilibrium" (DVD) - surprisingly very good. Good story, good cast, great action & fight scenes. Easily better than the awful Matrix Reloaded & Revolutions. Score: 8/10.

Recently, Match Point - Scarlett Johannsson and Johnathan Rhys Meyers, brilliant, I cannot admit how many times of have watched it, embarrassing!! Great idea by the way nicked or not! HPNY 2009.

Chris 01-01-2009 12:09

Mamma Mia! Total, utter, unremitting pants from beginning to end. 0.