Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media News Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   VM News Another Price Increase (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33707827)

Carth 14-01-2022 14:58

Re: VM News Another Price Increase

Quote:

Originally Posted by nialli (Post 36109508)
Here’s an odd one. I was on hold waiting for Retensions yesterday and after a few minutes I heard a recording offering me £8 off my bill for six months. No explanation, just ‘press 1 to accept’. I accepted and got a message saying it will be applied to my next six bills.
Anyone else been offered this? Still haven’t received a price increase notification either

Did it put you onto another 18 month contract?

SnoopZ 14-01-2022 17:15

£8 off plus a £5+ increase isn't great!

1701-e 14-01-2022 17:23

Quote:

Here’s an odd one. I was on hold waiting for Retensions yesterday and after a few minutes I heard a recording offering me £8 off my bill for six months. No explanation, just ‘press 1 to accept’. I accepted and got a message saying it will be applied to my next six bills.
Anyone else been offered this? Still haven’t received a price increase notification either

Yes. Well six pounds off but I ended up with a price reduction.

nialli 15-01-2022 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 36109530)
Did it put you onto another 18 month contract?

No

Mr K 16-01-2022 17:23

No news of any price rise for me.

Itshim 16-01-2022 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36109828)
No news of any price rise for me.

Told or hope over experience ?

Mr K 16-01-2022 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 36109862)
Told or hope over experience ?

Neither, just no communication of anything from VM.

MrB 17-01-2022 09:11

Quote:

They are trying to persuade anyone who is trying to cancel due to the price rise to stay - but also to accept this discount rather than trying to get an even bigger discount by speaking to someone/cancelling.

Aren't most people who received a price rise (everyone?) getting that message on the cancellation line? I received the same message apart from it is for a £5.75 discount - effectively putting off the price rise for 6 months. No change to contract term, no change to the package. My promo price doesn't end until September anyway, so pressed 1 to accept to see if it takes the discount off the promo price.

Unless you are on a price that can't be beaten, no matter how far you are into the contract, it would be worth cancelling/attempting to renegotiate as this has given you an opportunity. Go beyond the 15th February (or whatever date is mentioned in your notification) and the worse case is you just stay on your promo price and have to negotiate then.

---------- Post added at 09:10 ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by djmagnifique (Post 36108874)
Started a new contract last month and have now received the email saying the price is going up by £5.75 from March. No mention of the price being fixed until the end of the contract.

Our email says,

"We know a price rise is never welcome, but it’s essential we continue investing in our technology.

Our price increase won’t affect you until your fixed-price offer ends
From then, you’ll start paying the full price for your package, and this will be going up by £5.75 a month. If you’d like to check when your fixed-price offer ends, please refer to your bill."

Under a large red "Find out more" button our price rise email goes on to say "If you want to, you can change or cancel your package at any time before 15/02/2022, without paying any cancellation fees. Visit virginmedia.com/pricechange1 to find out more."

Anyone who has received the email notification should double check what their email says (and their contract/bill to see when any fixed price/discount ends).

---------- Post added at 09:11 ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36108119)
Our price is fixed until the end of the 18 months contract and then its time to barter for a new deal.

Or you could barter now and then lock in a better price/package? There is a window to negotiate now/leave rather than waiting, though if you are happy with the current price/package then nothing to worry about until the end of your promo.

djmagnifique 17-01-2022 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrB (Post 36109904)
Our email says,

"We know a price rise is never welcome, but it’s essential we continue investing in our technology.

Our price increase won’t affect you until your fixed-price offer ends
From then, you’ll start paying the full price for your package, and this will be going up by £5.75 a month. If you’d like to check when your fixed-price offer ends, please refer to your bill."

Under a large red "Find out more" button our price rise email goes on to say "If you want to, you can change or cancel your package at any time before 15/02/2022, without paying any cancellation fees. Visit virginmedia.com/pricechange1 to find out more."

Anyone who has received the email notification should double check what their email says (and their contract/bill to see when any fixed price/discount ends).

My email only says this.

'We know a price rise is never welcome, but it’s essential we continue investing in our technology. To help us carry on this work, the price of your package will go up by £5.75 a month from 1st March.'

And then the same bit as yours that is under the big red 'Find Out More'

I don't even get the automated discount offer when I phone up either.

1andrew1 17-01-2022 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by djmagnifique (Post 36109921)
My email only says this.

'We know a price rise is never welcome, but it’s essential we continue investing in our technology. To help us carry on this work, the price of your package will go up by £5.75 a month from 1st March.'

Maybe they read the forums and have disabled that auto discount to prevent misuse?

MrB 17-01-2022 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by djmagnifique (Post 36109921)
My email only says this.

Interesting, so it seems there may be a change in contracts depending on when you join (or how they have applied a promotion to accounts - whether as a fixed price contract/price for a fixed term, like mine, or it seems as a discount of X off the tariff - so the amount of discount stays the same but the price it is based on increases as does the price you pay).

If you still have the same wording about being able to leave penalty free, then that is an option to renegotiate.

TMLeafs 20-01-2022 15:29

My MiLs contract run out last week

Only Mix TV, 100Meg, Talk More anytime was going up to £62.94 from £52 (discount ending) had no email about price increases.
Virgin offered £51 which I took but when receiving the contract it was £47 for 6 months then £51 for a year which is great, but the shock is they want £77 at the end of the contract.

So what was a £62 pack is now £77. I feel £50 is fair value for what they get, she was with BT for just internet and phone and paid way more. Plus they used to go through Freeview recorder boxes like crazy.

I feel a decent Freeview/freesat recorder and back to BT might have to happen in 18 months BT will do 50meg and 700mins on a landline for £35 and our town has the 1 gigabit rollout happening currently so should be able to get 150/300 soon

Media Boy UK 20-01-2022 16:50

We think Virgin are bad:

Quote:

BT has said most customers will see bills rise by more than 9% from the end of March as households are squeezed by cost of living pressures.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60057282

Rexz 20-01-2022 17:37

We are on broadband only. I was able to get them to reduce it from £50 to £46.50 last year only to have this £3.50 increase sent to us today. So for us, an increase of 8%. We already had to downgrade from 350mbit to 200mbit so it looks like we will be downgrading again...

devilincarnate 21-01-2022 05:13

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ne...ts-which-unde/