Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media News Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   VM News Another Price Increase (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33707827)

nashville 05-01-2022 16:38

Re: VM News Another Price Increase

I expect mine will be the same as I am on the basic package too.

1andrew1 05-01-2022 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 36108110)
Just had my email, £4.50 rise (going up to £63.50) for an almost basic package . . . time to jump ship methinks.

. . . maybe BT broadband only, freeview recorder, netflix, stuff the landline too.

Vodafone have some good broadband offers on if you don't need fast speeds eg 38Mps £19pm. They're also going to be offering the Apple TV box in the future.
https://www.vodafone.co.uk/broadband

Carth 05-01-2022 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashville (Post 36108111)
I expect mine will be the same as I am on the basic package too.

new customers can get the pack I'm on for . . . £29.99 a month, for 18 months.

BT do a basic pack (Entertainment + Fibre 2) with no phone line - available to my address - £37.99 a month for 3 months then £45.99 a month, 24 month contract.

. . . and of course . . the monthly price will increase each year from March 2022. That increase is based on the Consumer Price Index Rate of inflation which is published in January each year plus 3.9%.

denphone 05-01-2022 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inactive Digital (Post 36108105)
From what I've seen, the rises seem to be £4.50, £5.75 or £8.50. Presumably for 1, 2 or 3 services respectively.

Our price is fixed until the end of the 18 months contract and then its time to barter for a new deal.

ScottishSteve 05-01-2022 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36108119)
Our price is fixed until the end of the 18 months contract and then its time to barter for a new deal.

So was mine until yesterday so my notice is in

My contract wasn’t due to end till Jan 2023.

Carth 05-01-2022 17:03

Quote:

I might bite the bullet and ring them, been out of contract for about 3 years. All I want is the BB, wife and daughter 'need' the TV stuff :rolleyes:

I reckon offering the package I'm on at £40 a month for 18 months may swing it . . . or not :shrug:

jobbie8 05-01-2022 18:29

I got my email today, £8.50 from 22 May, (after my fixed price ends).

I currently pay £66.75, but from May the discount ends, then the price will be £111.30... that's for a TV360 box, Cinema and Full house without kids channels.

I was told my price would be fixed for my 18 month contract which runs out in October 2022 at the time, but my contract says my discount ends in May 2022, which I don't remember that being there when I've checked my contract before. I must have been wrong?

My question is, Could I cancel now? There's nothing on the email to say I can? Or am I stuck in contract?

Our prices are going up from 1st March 2022.
However, your prices won’t change until your offer ends

Dear ...
We know a price rise is never welcome, but it’s essential we continue investing in our technology. It means you can keep doing the things you need to do – and love to do – on all your devices. Last year, we worked hard to give you a better experience with us, improving our network capabilities and fixing faults, but we’re not stopping there.

Our price increase won’t affect you until your fixed-price offer ends
From then, you’ll start paying the full price for your package, and this will be going up by £8.50 a month. If you’d like to check when your fixed-price offer ends, please refer to your bill.

Doohdah 05-01-2022 18:32

Got my e-mail saying £8.50 increase but I'm pretty sure when I took the contract out I was told I would be immune from price rises. I didn't have one last year when the upped the prices. Still got 5 months left on mine. I have asked them on Twitter and I'm in a queue now for online chat but I'm about to give up on that.

1andrew1 05-01-2022 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobbie8 (Post 36108142)
My question is, Could I cancel now? There's nothing on the email to say I can? Or am I stuck in contract?

You can cancel now. But if you do, you will have to accept the penalties that you will incur by cancelling early.
VM are honouring their side by not increasing the price. Nothing has really changed for you.

Mr K 06-01-2022 09:48

Quote:

You might be in for a nasty surprise Den. Being in a contract doesn't mean they can't raise the price. It does of course means they've broken the contract and you are free to leave but doubtless their letter won't be worded that way!

---------- Post added at 09:48 ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36105216)
Betting on an inflation busting price rise first week of Jan 2022. You can always rely on VM for a Happy New Year !

Expecting it to be significant given inflation, and they always like to well exceed that !

Call me Mystic Meg ;)

Corey N Georgie 06-01-2022 14:47

Ive not had any emails about price increases.

jfman 06-01-2022 18:51

£5.50 for me, between that and my offer ending it would double.

Still, I join another provider on a Black Friday deal which starts tomorrow.

denphone 07-01-2022 07:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36108230)
You might be in for a nasty surprise Den. Being in a contract doesn't mean they can't raise the price. It does of course means they've broken the contract and you are free to leave but doubtless their letter won't be worded that way!

---------- Post added at 09:48 ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 ----------

Call me Mystic Meg ;)

This is what it stated in the email they sent me and that can only mean when the fixed price offer ends in October there will be a price rise.

Quote:

Our price increase won’t affect you until your fixed-price offer ends
From then, you’ll start paying the full price for your package, and this will be going up by £8.50 a month. If you’d like to check when your fixed-price offer ends, please refer to your bill.

KillerCroc1 07-01-2022 11:48

got email about the £5.75 increase called vm got told i can only have a £6 discount or cancel everything or take the 1gig service instead at £62 a month and £35 for the hub4

Mr K 07-01-2022 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36108366)
This is what it stated in the email they sent me and that can only mean when the fixed price offer ends in October there will be a price rise.

Sounds good Den. Make sure you get on the blower as soon as it expires. £8.50 a month is over £100 more a year !
Even Dick Turpin wore a mask .....