Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33688944)

muppetman11 27-10-2017 13:31

Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35922073)
BT Sport raises prices for Sky and TalkTalk customers.

http://www.seenit.co.uk/bt-sport-rai...alk-customers/

Won't be paying that when my contracts up.

Richc1977 27-10-2017 20:08

Quote:

Just in time for the Ashes.

Raider999 27-10-2017 20:15

Quote:

If you read one of the other connected articles, you will see sky raised the cost of sky sports (10 channels) to BT tv subscribers.

This is obviously BT getting there own back on sky subscribers.

Does it affect VM subscribers - possibly, but cannot go from nothing to £30pm and not expect a raft of cancellations.

BT, Sky and Virgin seem to have missed the fact that people's disposable income has been reducing over the past few years.

Whilst, sky have lost a number of sports rights (mostly to BT) they have kept increasing the cost of what is left above the cost of inflation.

This blueprint is not sustainable - eventually customers will say enough is enough and cancel!

Lozenge 27-10-2017 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 35922136)
If you read one of the other connected articles, you will see sky raised the cost of sky sports (10 channels) to BT tv subscribers.

Does it affect VM subscribers - possibly, but cannot go from nothing to £30pm and not expect a raft of cancellations.

BT, Sky and Virgin seem to have missed the fact that people's disposable income has been reducing over the past few years.

Whilst, sky have lost a number of sports rights (mostly to BT) they have kept increasing the cost of what is left above the cost of inflation.

This blueprint is not sustainable - eventually customers will say enough is enough and cancel!

I think BT viewers wouldn't be too unhappy with the price if thats what they got (bit in bold). But rather hilariously they get just 1 and half channels of Sky Sports (Main Event and Extra a channel just for BT viewers that shows the Premier League games that aren't on Main Event due to other events being shown). I assume this is just enough to keep Ofcom happy. :rolleyes:

Ps I don't really have a problem with Sky doing this as I suspect BT would do something similar if they were in Skys position. Remember BT challenged Skys position and then refused to share their channels.

bubblegun 28-10-2017 01:32

Quote:

Not really a wise move. They are/were potential BT Sport customers. It's now more expensive than Sports and Cinema in HD for a Sky Customer in an minimum term contract.

Quote:

Sky Sports price hasn't gone up in about 18 months for Sky customers. Customers willing to go into minimum term contracts have seen their prices reduced in recent months.

OLD BOY 28-10-2017 01:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lozenge (Post 35922146)
I think BT viewers wouldn't be too unhappy with the price if thats what they got (bit in bold). But rather hilariously they get just 1 and half channels of Sky Sports (Main Event and Extra a channel just for BT viewers that shows the Premier League games that aren't on Main Event due to other events being shown). I assume this is just enough to keep Ofcom happy. :rolleyes:

Ps I don't really have a problem with Sky doing this as I suspect BT would do something similar if they were in Skys position. Remember BT challenged Skys position and then refused to share their channels.[

Just remember that BT are playing Sky's own game, in a language Sky understand.

denphone 28-10-2017 05:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35922163)
Just remember that BT are playing Sky's own game, in a language Sky understand.

Which means higher prices OB when some on this forum actually had the Great foresight to predict lower prices.;)

andrewbrown 28-10-2017 08:53

I've just re-subscribed to Sky Sports, so that I can video some of the overnight NFL games, and I appreciate that I didn't pay the extra £7 for HD, but for £31 a month I expect a good SD picture, but it's shockingly awful!

Richc1977 28-10-2017 10:35

Quote:

The current XL/Full House BT deal on VM runs out next summer so won't be any change to that for now I would imagine.
However after it runs out who knows, rumours of it being dropped from XL pack have been popping up a lot recently.

Not sure how this works for those on VM not on XL who just sub to BT separately.

OLD BOY 28-10-2017 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35922169)
Which means higher prices OB when some on this forum actually had the Great foresight to predict lower prices.;)

It's a duopoly at present, Den, not proper competition.

denphone 28-10-2017 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35922190)
It's a duopoly at present, Den, not proper competition.

But did you not say competition was coming and thus this would signal big changes and cheaper prices for the customer?.

muppetman11 28-10-2017 13:37

I disagree Sky are charging me less than I've paid for a long while for Sky Sports and the promotion I'm on was open to all Sky subs.

OLD BOY 28-10-2017 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35922193)
But did you not say competition was coming and thus this would signal big changes and cheaper prices for the customer?.

If something is coming, Den, it means it's not here yet. :D

denphone 28-10-2017 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35922211)
If something is coming, Den, it means it's not here yet. :D

2050 does that suit you.:D

---------- Post added at 14:37 ---------- Previous post was at 14:35 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35922205)
I disagree Sky are charging me less than I've paid for a long while for Sky Sports and the promotion I'm on was open to all Sky subs.

Many will disagree with you MM as voiced on this forum on a regular basis.

muppetman11 28-10-2017 15:11

Those people are entitled to change if they can get it cheaper elsewhere or at very least ring their current provider and see what they can do.