Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33688944)

muppetman11 19-05-2013 15:36

Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:

Originally Posted by colin25 (Post 35573447)
Can you get the 16mb option?

That is still worth getting.

Currently Sky is £7.50 BB + £14.50 phone

BT's offer is £16m BB + £10.75 (if pay in advance), but you get BT sport free, and first 6mths BB is free

I was going for that offer, but switched because top package infinity was on offer.

I'm currently on an offer of free line rental for 9 months so its not worth the hassle.

Arthurgray50@blu 19-05-2013 16:44

I think that with BT Sport getting the Conference - Blue Square football- l think thats where you will get VM in a pickle, as they are supplying the extra football for the sports fan. And it could prove a 'price war' as who is going to watch Blue Square football.

Setanta had this football BUT they paid too much money for it and fell flat on there backs.

braysoj1 19-05-2013 17:46

i just hope we get bt sports on vm

tvtimes 19-05-2013 17:57

They really only paid £300k for conference?! Seriously?:shocked:

alwaysabear 19-05-2013 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvtimes (Post 35573524)
They really only paid £300k for conference?! Seriously?:shocked:

I would not pay a penny to watch blu square football .

colin25 19-05-2013 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwaysabear (Post 35573555)

that was my thinking too :)

OLD BOY 19-05-2013 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by braysoj1 (Post 35573514)
i just hope we get bt sports on vm

We will, don't fret. But until VM have done the deal and signed up there will be no confirmation of this. Must be patient!

TonyM19 19-05-2013 21:48

Not looking too good for Premier Sports either.

denphone 19-05-2013 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyM19 (Post 35573648)
Not looking too good for Premier Sports either.

They have not got that much for me compared to the others.

mhatter67 19-05-2013 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwaysabear (Post 35573555)

Unless you are a Luton Town supporter stuck in the conference but don't want to watch them on the SKY platform:erm:

Gavin-D 20-05-2013 13:29

TalkTalk 'in negotiations over BT Sport deal'

TalkTalk wants to add BT Sport to its TV service.

TalkTalk is thought to be negotiating with BT over the possibility of adding the telecoms giant's soon-to-launch sports channels to its YouView TV service.

BT Sport will debut in August, offering subscribers access to live and exclusive Barclays Premier League football, Aviva Premiership rugby union, WTA tennis and more.

Tristia Clarke, commercial director at TalkTalk, admitted that the channels - BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2 and ESPN - will not be available on TalkTalk TV from launch, but insisted that conversation regarding a possible deal is ongoing.

Speaking to Broadcast, she explained that BT Sport would complement the Sky Sports content available to TalkTalk TV customers for a monthly subscription.

"We're talking to BT. As Sky do, they will look for points of distribution," Ms Clarke said. "It would be a way to drive incremental revenue in the same way we do with Sky."

Her comments came as TalkTalk published its latest set of financial results, which revealed that its YouView-based television proposition added 150,000 users in the first three months of 2013 - making it the fastest-growing new TV service in the UK.

http://www.cable.co.uk/news/talktalk...eal-801587418/

Chad 20-05-2013 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavin-D (Post 35573772)
TalkTalk 'in negotiations over BT Sport deal'

TalkTalk wants to add BT Sport to its TV service.

TalkTalk is thought to be negotiating with BT over the possibility of adding the telecoms giant's soon-to-launch sports channels to its YouView TV service.

BT Sport will debut in August, offering subscribers access to live and exclusive Barclays Premier League football, Aviva Premiership rugby union, WTA tennis and more.

Tristia Clarke, commercial director at TalkTalk, admitted that the channels - BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2 and ESPN - will not be available on TalkTalk TV from launch, but insisted that conversation regarding a possible deal is ongoing.

Speaking to Broadcast, she explained that BT Sport would complement the Sky Sports content available to TalkTalk TV customers for a monthly subscription.

"We're talking to BT. As Sky do, they will look for points of distribution," Ms Clarke said. "It would be a way to drive incremental revenue in the same way we do with Sky."

Her comments came as TalkTalk published its latest set of financial results, which revealed that its YouView-based television proposition added 150,000 users in the first three months of 2013 - making it the fastest-growing new TV service in the UK.

http://www.cable.co.uk/news/talktalk...eal-801587418/

It looks like commercial director Tristia Clarke and chief executive Dido Harding should TalkTalk to one another to find out what is happening! Talk about mixed signals.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...-football.html

"Stock markets overreact, I think that’s what they’ve done here,” she said. “In terms of its impact on our business, fundamentally we’re just not in the premium sports game."

"“The reality is if you want premium sports you’re not going to be a TalkTalk customer. We’re not the right place for you to be and we’re really relaxed about that."

"“Our most frequently-watched on-demand content is Peppa Pig. That’s our market, not people who want to spend a chunk of money on premium football matches."

DaMac 20-05-2013 19:31

Am I right in saying that talk talk gets its sky sports via dvb (terrestrial)? And if so am I right that you can't receive this in HD because there arnt any available muxes, and if so then bt sports would never be available on that platform in HD.
Next question, do talk talk customers live in the last century?

muppetman11 20-05-2013 19:38

Sky Sports on Talk Talk is delivered via IPTV and unlike BT it carries all the Sky Sports channels although currently only in SD.

OLD BOY 20-05-2013 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 35573785)

"“Our most frequently-watched on-demand content is Peppa Pig. That’s our market, not people who want to spend a chunk of money on premium football matches."

That comment really made me laugh! Not much of an advert for Talk Talk :D:D:D:nutter: Do you think she was 'on message'?