Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Death of a Pet (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33707076)

ThunderPants73 20-11-2018 12:34

Death of a Pet

I'm facing the death of my sweet cat and I'm already in pieces. Is it strange to be so upset?

denphone 20-11-2018 12:42

Re: Death of a Pet

Nothing wrong or strange with feeling upset ThunderPants as pets become part of the family and as such you would not be normal if you did not feel upset about it as we certainly did with our two late pets.

weenie 20-11-2018 12:51

Certainly not we have lost two pets and both are still talked about and dearly missed TP.

People who can't understand that pets are part of our family IMO are missing out on something truly wonderful we have both our dogs ashes and I must admit speaking to both my boy's they have both said this gave them comfort my eldest son has Sprog our 1st dogs ashes in his room whereas my youngest son has our Keane ashes in his room.

So you asked if it was wrong to be so upset then my answer would be no it is not wrong, your cat is part of your family and all other pet owners past and present know just how your feeling atm after all like I say a pet is a member of the family.

Hugs TD

ThunderPants73 20-11-2018 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35971614)
Certainly not we have lost two pets and both are still talked about and dearly missed TP.

People who can't understand that pets are part of our family IMO are missing out on something truly wonderful we have both our dogs ashes and I must admit speaking to both my boy's they have both said this gave them comfort my eldest son has Sprog our 1st dogs ashes in his room whereas my youngest son has our Keane ashes in his room.

So you asked if it was wrong to be so upset then my answer would be no it is not wrong, your cat is part of your family and all other pet owners past and present know just how your feeling atm after all like I say a pet is a member of the family.

Hugs TD

Thank you x

1701-e 20-11-2018 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderPants73 (Post 35971611)
I'm facing the death of my sweet cat and I'm already in pieces. Is it strange to be so upset?

It would be strange not to be upset.

Stay strong.....

Stephen 20-11-2018 13:59

It would be strange if you weren't upset. They are members of the family and not just pets.

What is the cat's age?

I nearly lost one of my cats last year and even the thought of loosing him had me in pieces.

ThunderPants73 20-11-2018 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35971621)
It would be strange if you weren't upset. They are members of the family and not just pets.

What is the cat's age?

I nearly lost one of my cats last year and even the thought of loosing him had me in pieces.

She's 16. I've found a large lump in her abdomen (I always panic). I'm preparing for the worst.

Paul 20-11-2018 14:51

16 is a very good age for a cat, be glad you have had her for that long.

... and no, its not strange to be upset.

It would be strange if you were not upset.

Mick 20-11-2018 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderPants73 (Post 35971611)

Far from it.

They have been a part of your life for a long time and when they are no longer there, that is when it starts to hurt. Take comfort in knowing that for 16 years of your cats life, you have provided the best thing you can ever do and that's "Love".

16 is a very good age, I know one of my elderly neighbours cat lived until she was about 26.

Taf 20-11-2018 16:37

We've lost 1 cat to complications with old age, and it took us all over a year before even considering rescuing another. Now we 3, aged 14, 12 and 6. So it's going to happen again.

They are all part of our family, so grief will be the same as for losing a person.

Ramrod 21-11-2018 15:00

I cried when each of our budgies died! :disturbd:
In my defense, they were always out and ignored open windows, rode around on my shoulder, kept me company by sitting on my PC monitor (occasionally jumping down and attacking my fingers), shared our food and could speak. :D

RichardCoulter 21-11-2018 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35971629)
Far from it.

They have been a part of your life for a long time and when they are no longer there, that is when it starts to hurt. Take comfort in knowing that for 16 years of your cats life, you have provided the best thing you can ever do and that's "Love".

16 is a very good age, I know one of my elderly neighbours cat lived until she was about 26.

Absolutely.

I think that the ultimate, but hardest, demonstration of showing love is knowing when to let go when the time comes and to let them have a peaceful exit from our world.

ThunderPants73 21-11-2018 19:58

Thank you, you lovely people. Just to clarify - I am female, despite my somewhat masculine avatar (Texan bars were my favourite, as a kid) and my username. Although menfolk can be just as mushy!

weenie 21-11-2018 20:45

How you doing TP?

I admit I thought that you were male and yes men can be just as mushy my hubby age 52, eldest son 26 and youngest son 16 were devastated last September when we had to do what was best for our beautiful Keane and I'm not embarrassed in any way we all cried and when I went to pick up his ashes we all felt better that he was back home, now some don't understand and that is ok it but it was what we felt was right for us.

Taf 21-11-2018 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderPants73 (Post 35971915)
- I am female!

I don't think it matters when you lose one of your family, 2 legs, 4 legs or 2 wings. :bigcry: