Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Line Rental (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33707165)

nashville 13-12-2018 12:35

Line Rental

I paid my Line Rental yesterday for the coming year . I also asked for an extra Loyal Discount which I got last year of £8 a month for 6 month, He said someone would phone me about it when he passed it on to the correct department, Should I phone them again as he maybe flogging me off,

Mick 13-12-2018 12:40

Re: Line Rental

Moved to Virgin Media fixed Phone Service. (Was in Articles and Information). :)

nashville 13-12-2018 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35975219)
Moved to Virgin Media fixed Phone Service. (Was in Articles and Information). :)

Cannot understand your reply. I just wondered if I should phone V M again

Mick 13-12-2018 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashville (Post 35975233)
Cannot understand your reply. I just wondered if I should phone V M again

You had posted your thread in articles and information - that area is not for posting queries. :)

If you want a discount, you should definitely try again, they are not permanent. Applying discounts though could tie you in to a new contract.

nashville 13-12-2018 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35975262)
You had posted your thread in articles and information - that area is not for posting queries. :)

If you want a discount, you should definitely try again, they are not permanent. Applying discounts though could tie you in to a new contract.

Ok, Sorry for putting this in the wrong place, ;)

Mr K 14-12-2018 13:00

Think you need to ring retentions choosing the 'thinking of leaving option' for another discount, they make you work for it !

However if you paid line rental in advance for a year they kind of know you're bluffing !. I tend to negotiate a deal/discount, then add line rental saver, not that LRS is worth much anylonger, and they've scrapped it unless you're renewing.

nashville 14-12-2018 17:00

As I am only on the lowest package for TV. they said I would not get a Loyalty discount, If I was on larger packages it would be different. . I tried anyway. But No luck. My main TV is Freesat but I kept the Virgin in other rooms in case of emergency.

nodrogd 15-12-2018 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashville (Post 35975386)
As I am only on the lowest package for TV. they said I would not get a Loyalty discount, If I was on larger packages it would be different. . I tried anyway. But No luck. My main TV is Freesat but I kept the Virgin in other rooms in case of emergency.

Apart from the TiVO charge, Player TV itself is not chargeable if you have a Landline on your account, so there is not much there for them to discount.

nashville 16-12-2018 03:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by nodrogd (Post 35975512)
Apart from the TiVO charge, Player TV itself is not chargeable if you have a Landline on your account, so there is not much there for them to discount.

I understand that, but they gave me £8 a moth of for 6 month last year after paying my line rental as a Loyalty customer, ;)

denphone 16-12-2018 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35975346)
Think you need to ring retentions choosing the 'thinking of leaving option' for another discount, they make you work for it !

However if you paid line rental in advance for a year they kind of know you're bluffing !. I tend to negotiate a deal/discount, then add line rental saver, not that LRS is worth much anylonger, and they've scrapped it unless you're renewing.

Not long into the New Year before we do that.

Mr K 16-12-2018 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35975573)
Not long into the New Year before we do that.

Ring on a Friday afternoon Den, they're usually in a good mood ! (avoid Monday mornings, you'll get nowhere ....)

denphone 16-12-2018 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35975623)
Ring on a Friday afternoon Den, they're usually in a good mood ! (avoid Monday mornings, you'll get nowhere ....)

Actually its a Friday is when our contract ends Mr K.

SnoopZ 16-12-2018 16:33

I was under the impression line rental saver wasn't available any longer, unless that is new customers only and people that have it need to get it renewed before the end of their contract to keep getting it?

RobboEdin 16-12-2018 17:22

Correct, LRS is currently only available to those that have it already and who renew on time.

Mr K 16-12-2018 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobboEdin (Post 35975642)
Correct, LRS is currently only available to those that have it already and who renew on time.

Even existing customers seem to be struggling to get in renewed.
https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...tal-saver.html
Although it's only worth £32 now, the discount used to be a lot more, they've steadily devalued it. Also, as mentioned, it might put you in a weak position when trying to renegotiate a bundle as it's non refundable, so they know they've 'got you' for a year even if not in contract.