Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   GB News / Talk TV (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709729)

Mad Max 25-01-2021 16:15

Re: GB News (New UK News channel coming soon)

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36068079)
And the usual newspapers...

From both sides of the political spectrum.

denphone 25-01-2021 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 36068105)
From both sides of the political spectrum.

Absolutely.

Damien 25-01-2021 16:36

Newspapers (at least some of them) still pay actual full time journalists. Soon all we're going to get is unprofessional chancing grifters providing us all the 'news' on blogs, twitter and YouTube.

Mick 25-01-2021 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 36068111)
Newspapers (at least some of them) still pay actual full time journalists. Soon all we're going to get is unprofessional chancing grifters providing us all the 'news' on blogs, twitter and YouTube.

Apply for GB News, or our own troll splatter Towny can apply. You'd both be very balanced. :angel:

papa smurf 25-01-2021 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36068102)
Don't you have to read it before you post it, or do you just cut and paste at random from the Express website, with your eyes closed?

I find a story on a real news site then post a similar story from the express.it makes certain people feel they are superior in intellect and makes for an interesting exchange of views.
I sleep with one eye open, You have too in my line of business.

Chris 25-01-2021 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 36068063)
I am not sure if it's going to be heavily partisan but I do think they're going to lean into what makes American news networks profitable and that's outrage mongering and polarising debates. It's going to be people shouting at each other, clips of people being 'owned' by each other and it will make it's money by trying to further divide up our politics into two or more tribes all convinced the others are **** and legitimate enemies of the people.

The kind of journalism where a team of professionally trained journalists spend weeks, months even years rooting out a story is not profitable. Nor is paying someone to sit in court for weeks and getting a handful of articles at the end of it. Instead you can just get grifting imbeciles to shout at each other for segment after segment and watch the clicks roll in.

You're far too young to be this cynical (but you're spot on) :D

Mick 01-02-2021 15:32

Latest from Andrew Neil on GB News:

Quote:

1000+ applications!
A week after launching the GB News jobs portal we have been swamped.
Impressive calibre of talent (with some surprising names from established broadcasters!).
Interested?
Be quick as we’ll be closing some applications later this week.

TheDaddy 26-05-2021 09:51

The man behind this channel has let it be known he wants to campaign on the channel for an enquiry into MPs, Peers and business people who "betrayed" the country to a foreign entity, namely the EU. This is never going to end is it and all the while the two sides become more entrenched and the hatred more visceral whilst the vast majority of us sit here thinking why is this still even an issue

Hom3r 26-05-2021 11:09

What channel will this be on VM

papa smurf 26-05-2021 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 36080812)
What channel will this be on VM

Don't think it's been assigned one yet.

Maggy 26-05-2021 11:45

All I want from the news is neutrality and facts.Not gossip,not innuendo,not inference and respect for ALL parties.

Sephiroth 26-05-2021 12:14

I also want balanced news. ITV and Channel 4 reported earlier this week only on the buildings destroyed in Gaza with a clearly implied steer as to the evil Israel.
Not a word then about the thousands of rockets launched by Hamas against Israeli towns.

papa smurf 26-05-2021 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36080830)
I also want balanced news. ITV and Channel 4 reported earlier this week only on the buildings destroyed in Gaza with a clearly implied steer as to the evil Israel.
Not a word then about the thousands of rockets launched by Hamas against Israeli towns.

most of them shot down by the iron dome.

nomadking 26-05-2021 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 36080835)

They still existed, which show intent. Not all were stopped and there were causalities.
Bias can often manifest itself by not reporting certain things, or just use of a single word can change the emphasis given. or by not challenging what people say.

Taf 26-05-2021 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 36080835)

Many fell short and landed in Gaza where they were launched from.