Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tivo V6 : Orange light of death (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33706458)

djmagnifique 07-06-2018 19:03

Orange light of death

So today I got home from work and one of my V6 boxes has a flashing orange light on it. Turned the tv on and it either showed the welcome screen as if the box had just been plugged in or an icon of an arrow pointing down that changed from black to white as if showing something was downloading. Tried rebooting/unplugging but it just kept doing the same.

Got an engineer booked for monday morning to sort it out but was wondering if there was anything I could do in the mean time?

Raider999 07-06-2018 19:14

Re: Orange light of death

Quote:

Originally Posted by djmagnifique (Post 35949685)
So today I got home from work and one of my V6 boxes has a flashing orange light on it. Turned the tv on and it either showed the welcome screen as if the box had just been plugged in or an icon of an arrow pointing down that changed from black to white as if showing something was downloading. Tried rebooting/unplugging but it just kept doing the same.

Got an engineer booked for monday morning to sort it out but was wondering if there was anything I could do in the mean time?

Is your broadband working?

heero_yuy 07-06-2018 19:18

Quote:

Quote from djmagnifique:

but was wondering if there was anything I could do in the mean time?
Reprogram with an axe? :D

djmagnifique 07-06-2018 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 35949688)
Is your broadband working?

Yes it's working fine. I've brought the 2nd V6 down from the bedroom for now so we can watch tv and i've left the faulty one disconnected for now, i'll try turning it back on tomorrow to see what happens. I did notice that the 2nd V6 did an update when I powered it up so i'm wondering if the update has bricked the other box.

Raider999 07-06-2018 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by djmagnifique (Post 35949696)
Yes it's working fine. I've brought the 2nd V6 down from the bedroom for now so we can watch tv and i've left the faulty one disconnected for now, i'll try turning it back on tomorrow to see what happens. I did notice that the 2nd V6 did an update when I powered it up so i'm wondering if the update has bricked the other box.

Possibly, might be something to do with the new beta software.

I suggest you have done all you can until the engineer arrives.

djmagnifique 11-06-2018 16:59

New box in place and fully up and running again. Found out today that one of the kids had been trying to cast youtube from his phone to the tv (even though both the V6 and the tv have youtube apps that he knows about) and asked if he sends it to living room or master bedroom (the names i've give the boxes) and that he had been trying to send it to living room.

OLD BOY 11-06-2018 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by djmagnifique (Post 35950146)
New box in place and fully up and running again. Found out today that one of the kids had been trying to cast youtube from his phone to the tv (even though both the V6 and the tv have youtube apps that he knows about) and asked if he sends it to living room or master bedroom (the names i've give the boxes) and that he had been trying to send it to living room.

Well, I'm surprised that an zttempt at casting had that effect on your equipment! Maybe that was just co-incidence and there was a fault with your box.