Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : Not happy with virgin box (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33712645)

andrewshearman 28-04-2024 21:10

Not happy with virgin box

Virgin media 360 box resets a lot.

The engineers replace my box and this keeps happening I have had 5 boxes its it these boxes?
I have had an new box this has happened

My box reset twice today on the 27th April

my set top box has now switched itself off at 3:17 pm

Set top box reset at 7:57

28 April

The picture froze and I had to reset my box at 2:17 pm and would not switch back on

very un unhappy I am disabled and really on my TV a lot

Thanks Andrew Shearman.

spiderplant 28-04-2024 21:33

Re: not happy with birgin

Safe to say it's not the boxes. It's something environmental. Maybe your TV, maybe the power supply, maybe something else.

Start by making sure the box is plugged into its own wall socket, not an extension lead.

andrewshearman 28-04-2024 21:44

did that already

spiderplant 28-04-2024 21:51

Have you got another TV you can try with it?

Paul 29-04-2024 00:25

I really wish you would do proper titles "not happy with birgin" ?

Updated.

ozsat 29-04-2024 05:25

Over heating due to surroundings?

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 36174174)
Safe to say it's not the boxes. It's something environmental. Maybe your TV, maybe the power supply, maybe something else.

Start by making sure the box is plugged into its own wall socket, not an extension lead.

jonbxx 29-04-2024 08:52

Re: Not happy with virgin box

We had some local issues with power in the neighbourhood some time back and we found that the Virgin box was very sensitive to power fluctuations compared to other devices such as PCs and routers in the house. We would see the slightest flicker of lights and the box would reboot straight away. The only other electrical item affected was the clock on the oven for some reason.

Took ages to get it fixed. UK Power Networks who are the distributor in our area were pretty helpful to be honest. At first, the said there were no outages but we kept a diary and they identified the issue as a load switching problem and fixed it

Itshim 29-04-2024 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 36174174)

Sorry but you said that about the box I had. Replaced box, after a long battle has had no problems :rolleyes:

Dingbat 29-04-2024 10:05

A recent power outage fried one of my V6 boxes, which Virgin duly changed. It’s now on a surge-protected 4-way multi-socket, along with the router.

No problems with it since.

andrewshearman 14-05-2024 23:08

my box is Over heating I smelled burning a few days a go are the 360 boxes no good

spiderplant 15-05-2024 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewshearman (Post 36175064)
my box is Over heating I smelled burning a few days a go are the 360 boxes no good

If you think there is a problem with your box, you need to report it to Virgin Media.