Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : Deals for exisiting customers (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33708437)

cityfan247 27-11-2019 19:33

Deals for exisiting customers

Out of contract and not happy with recent price rises that have increased by my bill almost 10% in the last few months.

Looking at what Sky can offer and have seen VM are offering their top of the range oomph bundle for £79 for 12 months....but only to NEW customers.

I am interested in what deals people have negotiated in the lead up to Black Friday/Cyber Monday and what would be realistic to aim for.

Itshim 27-11-2019 19:44

Re: Deals for exisiting customers

Just moved from fun(l) to mix bb still at 100 phone remains the same was paying 60 now down to 42 in my case I can't see anything has changed at least all my favorite channels are still available.So if any have been taken off I really don't care!

denphone 27-11-2019 20:00

Our contract ends on the 2nd of January but suffice to say we will be looking for a similar type contract as our current one.

Unknownguy 27-11-2019 20:31

Also out of contract in January so I will be on the phone armed with deals from rivals!

denphone 27-11-2019 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknownguy (Post 36018491)
Also out of contract in January so I will be on the phone armed with deals from rivals!

Indeed and then its up to them to trump those deals.

OLD BOY 28-11-2019 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36018487)
Our contract ends on the 2nd of January but suffice to say we will be looking for a similar type contract as our current one.

Well, the 'Ultimate Oomph' deal, or whatever it's called, cost me £99. That includes Sky Cinema and Sky Sports. I dare say that is less than you are paying now if you get those channels - unless you got an amazing deal last time.

denphone 28-11-2019 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36018535)
Well, the 'Ultimate Oomph' deal, or whatever it's called, cost me £99. That includes Sky Cinema and Sky Sports. I dare say that is less than you are paying now if you get those channels - unless you got an amazing deal last time.

You are right as it is cheaper now then when l agreed my last contract and its even cheaper in the Black Friday sale at £79.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bun...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

OLD BOY 28-11-2019 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36018539)
You are right as it is cheaper now then when l agreed my last contract and its even cheaper in the Black Friday sale at £79.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bun...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Nice to see prices going down as well as up, eh, Den! :D

Good luck with your new deal.

denphone 28-11-2019 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36018541)
Nice to see prices going down as well as up, eh, Den! :D

Good luck with your new deal.

l will certainly be armed with the full info come the beginning of next year.:D

TMLeafs 28-11-2019 12:20

I got my friend, mum & I all the Ultimate Oomph for £99, every year I phone up and get the latest top package for £99ish, sometimes it's easy and it's one phone call like it was for my friend and I, but doing my mothers took at least 5 calls to get through to the right person to do it

Joedm45 28-11-2019 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36018487)

I'd make that phone call now, if your deal runs out on 2nd Jan then your next bill (assume at some time in December) may be at full price due to being billed in advance.

Worth checking at least

denphone 28-11-2019 14:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joedm45 (Post 36018568)
I'd make that phone call now, if your deal runs out on 2nd Jan then your next bill (assume at some time in December) may be at full price due to being billed in advance.

Worth checking at least

l was not sure if you could phone up before the end of your contract in order to get a better 12 month contract then one currently has got.

newapollo 28-11-2019 14:47

A couple of months ago when I was still in contract and paying around £112 a month, I called up and asked what price could they do the Ultimate Oomph package for me. The agent transferred me through to the Oomph team team and they immediately offered me the package for the new customer price of £99 per month.

I encouraged my friend to speak to his wife last week ( they do talk honestly )and get her to either call up or check her online account for offers as they have been out of contract since August and were paying £124 - his wife is in charge of the purse strings - Not sure if she called or upgraded online via her upgrades and offers, but she gave my mate a fiver to buy me a pint as she got the package for £89.

OLD BOY 28-11-2019 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36018569)
l was not sure if you could phone up before the end of your contract in order to get a better 12 month contract then one currently has got.

It's worth phoning up now, Den. Just to see if they will do it. The Black Friday £79 offer won't last for much longer.

denphone 28-11-2019 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36018578)
It's worth phoning up now, Den. Just to see if they will do it. The Black Friday £79 offer won't last for much longer.

l will OB.