Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   General IT Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Component Uninstalling Sound Randomly (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709847)

Corey N Georgie 02-03-2021 15:28

Component Uninstalling Sound Randomly

For some odd reason now and then Windows sounds the sound as if a component is being uninstalled but i cant for the life of me find out what's the cause and what's being uninstalled.

Has anyone a good idea of what i could do to see what's being uninstalled??.

Ive tried looking in the device manager and nothing springs out at me.

djmagnifique 02-03-2021 15:37

Re: Component Uninstalling Sound Randomly

I had this problem once, it turned out to be a fault with my USB hub that was connected to the pc. It's stopped since I unplugged the USB hub so maybe try removing any USB devices one at a time to see if it makes a difference.

Taf 02-03-2021 16:15

My daughter had this with both a mouse and a keyboard. Then is suddenly stopped.

heero_yuy 03-03-2021 17:24

Is the machine idle when this happens?

Power down options?

Corey N Georgie 03-03-2021 19:44

Both Idle and when in use.

Carth 04-03-2021 11:09

I have this with a 10" tablet.
The USB cable is a little 'slack' in the port on the tablet, and after investigation I found that unless the tablet is placed 'face down' when charging or transferring data, the PC keeps telling me it has disconnected/connected.

Isn't it amazing that a thin cable at rest has enough weight to 'pull' the plug part down away from the pins in the socket :D

heero_yuy 04-03-2021 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 36072953)

Isn't it amazing that a thin cable at rest has enough weight to 'pull' the plug part down away from the pins in the socket :D

It's called "Latent Knotting Energy" The lowest energy state of any wire, cable, rope etc. is to be completely tangled up. :D

Carth 04-03-2021 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 36072959)
It's called "Latent Knotting Energy" The lowest energy state of any wire, cable, rope etc. is to be completely tangled up. :D

Excellent, perhaps the "Latent Knotting Energy" coefficient should be added to the sales blurb on strimmers and lawn mowers :D

Corey N Georgie 05-03-2021 02:34

Ive just discovered that a yellow exclamation mark appears sometimes over one of my ASMedia 3.1 USB Hubs but when i restart PC it goes away again but even more strange when this hub apparently stops working all my USB devices carry on working!

alanbjames 05-03-2021 20:30

I found the problem completely by accident while i was fiddling with a USB Hub. We have a 8 port USB hub that also has 2 Charging ports. If u plug something into the charging ports the hub goes all haywire.