Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tivo V6 : V6 ISSUE (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33706244)

eljaypsl 09-04-2018 12:44

V6 ISSUE

I have had the V6 for a couple of Months now and was very happy with it, Then about three weeks ago the box started just cutting out randomly. Started happening on just odd days but for the last week has been happening daily. Yesterday it happened twice.

The box signal cuts off. indictor light still shows as active. Turn it on & off by the remote and it restarts in either the "Welcome" or "Starting up" screen.

Any one else had and resolved this issue.

Thanks

Mad Max 09-04-2018 13:07

Re: V6 ISSUE

Looks like you may have a dodgy box, get on the phone to retentions and demand an engineer visit or a replacement. Did you try rebooting it? Turn the power button off and let it start up again..

OLD BOY 09-04-2018 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 35943094)
Looks like you may have a dodgy box, get on the phone to retentions and demand an engineer visit or a replacement. Did you try rebooting it? Turn the power button off and let it start up again..

It might be better to turn it off at the plug for a couple of minutes. That should resolve any issues in most cases.

jb66 09-04-2018 21:21

Quote:

Retentions? Demands?

Stuart 09-04-2018 22:39

Quote:

Bit extreme to call up retentions.. It sounds like the box is faulty, and if it is, just report a fault.

eljaypsl 10-04-2018 12:27

I tried rebooting by removing the plug and restarting back last Saturday but with no effect.

Wife told me it did it again yesterday whilst watching a recorded film and again last night whist watching ITV.

Working away at present so will call customer services when I return at the end of this week.

Mad Max 10-04-2018 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb66 (Post 35943135)
Retentions? Demands?

Why not? If you get put through to their call centres you get nowhere!

OLD BOY 10-04-2018 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 35943236)
Why not? If you get put through to their call centres you get nowhere!

To be fair, though, Max, they have never let me down in all the years I've been with cable. But I do tend to contact them during normal office hours, I think that might make a difference.

cablejunkie 13-04-2018 14:56

It could just be the external power supply slowly failing. If the voltage is dropping below a certain threshold it could be causing the box to play up.

I had an almost identical issue with a WDTV streaming box, it would work OK until a slightly higher load was put on the CPU (e.g. fast forward or rewind), when it would cut out and restart.

A new £9.99 PSU from eBay fixed the issue and it's been working perfectly since!