Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tivo V6 : Amazon Prime Down? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33707971)

daveoc14 14-08-2019 09:59

Amazon Prime Down?

Several people are reporting in the Virgin Community forum that they cannot get the Prime app working on their V6 box. I'm one of them. It's working ok on the V6 box in the bedroom but on the box downstairs it just brings up a spinning circle that eventually changes to an error message saying cannot show video refer to Amazon/videohelp.

I've rebooted the box and logged out and back in to Prime but it makes no difference. It's been working fine since day one of launch and it's working fine on my blu ray and tv Prime apps.

Seems strange that it's working on the upstairs box but not downstairs. Anyone else having problems?.

fox35 14-08-2019 10:35

Re: Amazon Prime Down?

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveoc14 (Post 36005985)
Several people are reporting in the Virgin Community forum that they cannot get the Prime app working on their V6 box. I'm one of them. It's working ok on the V6 box in the bedroom but on the box downstairs it just brings up a spinning circle that eventually changes to an error message saying cannot show video refer to Amazon/videohelp.

I've rebooted the box and logged out and back in to Prime but it makes no difference. It's been working fine since day one of launch and it's working fine on my blu ray and tv Prime apps.

Seems strange that it's working on the upstairs box but not downstairs. Anyone else having problems?.

Both my V6 boxes working fine with ALL apps, no problems. Perhaps its just a local issue in your area? ( Have you checked with VM or their local status update page?), assuming you've re-checked all your connections and your home WiFi / Ethernet cable set up?

daveoc14 14-08-2019 10:49

Status is not showing any problems and set up is fine. As I said on the Virgin Community forum a few people are starting to mention having a problem so maybe it's a wait and see what develops situation.

denphone 14-08-2019 10:51

No problem on our boxes.

RobboEdin 14-08-2019 12:35

Surely if an app is working on one but not the other then the network connection is the place to start looking?

daveoc14 14-08-2019 12:44

Network connection is fine, everything else is working and Prime loads up as normal, it just stops when you try to play anything.

OLD BOY 14-08-2019 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobboEdin (Post 36005994)
Surely if an app is working on one but not the other then the network connection is the place to start looking?

I agree. Personally, I would re-boot the router as well as the V6s in this situation.

daveoc14 14-08-2019 13:12

Hadn't tried roobooting router. Just done it, it's made no difference. Everything is working fine apart from Prime.

fox35 14-08-2019 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveoc14 (Post 36005998)
Hadn't tried roobooting router. Just done it, it's made no difference. Everything is working fine apart from Prime.

Please don't think were patronising you, but are both V6 boxes linked up to the same Prime account with the same Prime username and password on both your boxes? Even if that's is a yes, then try re logging out and then back in again on both your boxes with the same personal details. Just thinking it maybe a problem with your logging in or Prime account user details rather than VM?

---------- Post added at 14:07 ---------- Previous post was at 13:59 ----------

.. or do Settings>Network>Connect to Virgin Media Server now or >View Network Status/Diagnostics. Just to recheck your connectivity to the servers on your problematic V6 box. I done this on my 2nd box in bedroom when it failed to connect to my main box. Also check if both your box is connecting by 2.4GHz or 5Ghz to your VM Hub 3, assuming your 2nd box is using WiFi, and if both are enabled in the Hub 3 settings?

daveoc14 14-08-2019 15:19

I've finally got it back working by doing the one thing I hadn't done. Instead of rebooting with the thumbs down system I physically unplugged the box from the mains and that has done the trick.

Thanks for all the suggestions, maybe next time I'll just go straight to unplugging!!.

fox35 14-08-2019 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveoc14 (Post 36006014)
I've finally got it back working by doing the one thing I hadn't done. Instead of rebooting with the thumbs down system I physically unplugged the box from the mains and that has done the trick.

Thanks for all the suggestions, maybe next time I'll just go straight to unplugging!!.

I thought that's how you reboot anyway!! Lol..:knock:

daveoc14 14-08-2019 16:00

You know when people say 'reboot' I'm never quite sure what is ment. I've always taken it that going to settings and doing the thumbs down/last channel is a reboot, but I guess you could call that something else and say that a reboot is unplugging. Hey, ho, got there in the end, but I'm still puzzled as to why the Prime app should suddenly fall down for me.

fox35 14-08-2019 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveoc14 (Post 36006016)
You know when people say 'reboot' I'm never quite sure what is ment. I've always taken it that going to settings and doing the thumbs down/last channel is a reboot, but I guess you could call that something else and say that a reboot is unplugging. Hey, ho, got there in the end, but I'm still puzzled as to why the Prime app should suddenly fall down for me.

Well, rebooting on any of my connected devices over the years, I've always powered down the said device then disconnected from the mains completely for at least a good 30 secs minimum, rechecking all connections are secure before reconnecting the power whilst holding down any available reset button for a moment. Then follow any on screen prompts, eg pressing "OK" or "Thumbs Up" etc. Failing that, then I would usually call the CS of the company concerned.
Good luck.

vincerooney 14-08-2019 20:29

Mine wasn't working either and wasnt loading shows up. i switched my box off (not rebooted it) and turned it back on. Worked a charm

daveoc14 15-08-2019 07:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincerooney (Post 36006029)
Mine wasn't working either and wasnt loading shows up. i switched my box off (not rebooted it) and turned it back on. Worked a charm

Do you mean your V6 box?. When you say you switched it off do you mean you turned it to standby with the remote and then on again or do you mean you turned it off and on from the mains?.

Interested to know as if/when this happens again I'm inclined to not faff about and just unplug the V6 and deal with it that way.