Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

ThunderPants73 07-03-2022 10:14

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Gosford Park 7/10

SnoopZ 13-03-2022 00:31

The Adam Project. 7/10

It was ok it hit my enjoyment factor ok but it could have been better.

Chris 13-03-2022 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36116473)
The Adam Project. 7/10

Considering it’s a made for TV movie I think it’s actually very good. Netflix is spoiling us. There was a time when TV movies were almost universally pants. But at the moment there are some real big hitters happy to work with Netflix on smaller projects like this and they bring their big hitter mates with them. Ryan Reynolds, Jennifer Garner, Zoe Saldana and Mark Ruffalo is a stellar line up in anyone’s book, and they didn’t disappoint.

peanut 13-03-2022 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36116473)
The Adam Project. 7/10

I'd give it 7/10 too. Weren't too bad. Felt like it was aimed for 12 year olds mainly and was trying a bit too hard. But it was okay, and agreed that it could have been better.

Cobbydaler 16-03-2022 04:41

The French Dispatch. Really enjoyed it.

General Maximus 19-03-2022 08:52

Deep Water: 5/10

Quite disappointing. I was really looking forward to this as I thought it was going to be another Gone Girl plus I love Ana de Armas. It is all style and no substance because there is no explanation or justification for why Ana de Armas' character behaves the way she does, no back story to the characters or family and everything happens for the sake of the story which makes it completely unrealistic.

Halcyon 21-03-2022 12:03

A Turtle's Tale: Sammy's Adventures

A lovely family movie about a turtle that travels the world and witnesses the changing seas, global warming, etc, whilst building friendships along the way.
Great for kids.

ThunderPants73 21-03-2022 13:29

SnoopZ 26-03-2022 23:43

Spider-man: No way Home

9/10 loved it.

General Maximus 27-03-2022 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36117582)
Spider-man: No way Home

9/10 loved it.

did you watch both end credit scenes?

SnoopZ 27-03-2022 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36117585)
did you watch both end credit scenes?

I think I saw 1 end credit scene when I was fast forwarding the end titles so will have to Google to see what I missed.

Edit - ok I skipped the 2nd scene as i was in the CinemaHD app.

General Maximus 31-03-2022 15:56

Morbius: 4/10

Yet another case this year of the trailer making the film look a million times better than it actually is and it is a shame because I was really looking forward to this. It is all style and no substance and literally went from him acquiring his powers to dealing with the bad guy. It could have done with an another 30 mins added to the running time to develop the origin story and see him explore his abilities.

There is a scene in it which looks like it is ripped out of Batman Begins and even the music was pretty much the same. I had to look up the composer to see if Hans Zimmer did this film (which he didn't).

Unless I was half asleep there is one thing which really really confused me. The film starts off with an opening scene in what is present day with him on an island doing something and then says "25 years ago........" and flips back. We never get back to him on the island and see the outcome of what he was doing so I don't understand the point of it. It was literally pointless and served no purpose.

I would say this is a Sunday afternoon film but it isn't even that. It is the film you watch when you have ran out of Sunday afternoon films and have nothing else left.

Stephen 31-03-2022 16:18

So by most viewers standards its probably fairly decent;)

General Maximus 31-03-2022 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 36117867)

not this time :p:

I don't normally pay any attention to reviews as I like to have and only care about my own opinion on in films and tv series but in this instance I am not alone:

Paul 31-03-2022 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 36117867)

TBH, I didnt think the trailers made it look that good, it sounds like it isnt going to be (not seen it yet).