Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

General Maximus 19-07-2021 20:54

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Escape Room: Tournament of Champions: 7.5/10

A good sequel and worthy successor to the first movie. If you enjoyed the first one you'll love this one. It is a direct continuation of the story with more elaborate puzzles and some good plot twists. Well worth a watch.

Jaymoss 27-07-2021 14:53

Jolt worth 6/10 however it has Kate Beckinsale kicking ass that easily gives it an extra point for this sad man who still thinks she is smokin ....

General Maximus 27-07-2021 20:33

I love Kate Beckinsale and was all set to watch it but as soon as I saw the trailer I was put right off. I would rather go back and watch the Underworld films again than Jolt.

Jaymoss 27-07-2021 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36087628)
I love Kate Beckinsale and was all set to watch it but as soon as I saw the trailer I was put right off. I would rather go back and watch the Underworld films again than Jolt.

you as well as anyone knows trailers need to be taked with a pinch of salt ;)

General Maximus 27-07-2021 22:54

I can't remember ever seeing a trailer which made the film look worse than it actually was.

Dude111 01-08-2021 05:55

I last saw BUT IM A CHEERLEADER - 1999 on VHS :)

I would say 7/10 -- Its excellent!!

heero_yuy 01-08-2021 18:51

Miami magma on SiFi. Just appalling. no wonder it got a 3.3 on IMDB. Just a good waste of celluloid. Still better than watching children barbecuing

Paul 02-08-2021 00:58

Enola Holmes - 7/10.

Entertaining (and sometimes funny) film, and a nice change from Sci-Fi/Fantasy.

Apparently it did rather well on Netflix, and a sequel is in the works.

tweetiepooh 02-08-2021 10:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0ppqpfI4WA

Candle in the dark - dramatisation on the life of the missionary William Carey who came to be called "The Friend of India".

General Maximus 13-08-2021 15:45

Free Guy: 10/10

Somebody poured their heart and soul into the story and characters in this film. From the trailer you get the impression it is an action and special effects extravaganza and it definitely is but it is also so much more than that. I have commented recently in another thread how I don't find most comedies funny because the humour is either too predictable or too stupid to be funny. This film is me down to a T and as expected all the magic is down to Ryan Reynolds. There are some special moments in the film where you spontaneously laugh your ass off but I won't spoil them.

Suffice to say that this is the best film I have seen in the last two years and you should drop any plans you have got for this weekend and get down to the cinema to watch it.

ThunderPants73 20-08-2021 13:52

Death Race 2000 (1975) 2/10.

My mate and I inflict a crappy movie on each other every week, this was his choice. His funeral is next week.

General Maximus 21-08-2021 19:21

Never seen it but I enjoyed the newer one released in the 2000's

Jaymoss 21-08-2021 19:37

Reminiscence. Enjoyed it. Interesting concept

General Maximus 23-08-2021 15:17

Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins: 6.5/10

The title is a bit deceiving because it isn't an origin story about the Joe's; they are already up and running as an organisation in this film. Putting the GI Joe story aside, this is a good action movie with lots of martial arts in it set in Japan to add a bit of authenticity and culture.

Paul 02-09-2021 22:22

Avengers: Infinity War, followed by Avengers: Endgame - 5.5 hours the other evening.

Still as good as ever - I really need to go back and watch some of the others again.