Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

nstokes 26-05-2013 12:14

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Its not out yet but from the clips ive seen i can all ready rate it 9/10. The film i am on about is called 'Rush'. Looks epic and i cant wait to go watch it in September

tizmeinnit 26-05-2013 12:17

Oz the Great and Powerful.It was a decent film had to look up which witch was which in WoO but enjoyed it nice to see Oz's story

denphone 26-05-2013 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by tizmeinnit (Post 35575975)
Oz the Great and Powerful.It was a decent film had to look up which witch was which in WoO but enjoyed it nice to see Oz's story

Yes l am looking forward to seeing this film as the clips looked pretty good tiz.

spreadsheet 29-05-2013 22:06

Django Unchained - good film - very violent in parts tho - but was expecting that from a Tarantino film - worth a watch

alferret 30-05-2013 14:23

Bullet to the head

What can I say that this review don't

Quote:

As Jimmy gets into one bloody brawl and deadly shootout after another, coming out on top every time of course, it's just a given that he's stronger, quicker, deadlier and a better shot than all these punks less than half his age. Why? Because he's Sly Stallone! He's narrating the movie! He's not going anywhere.

http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/bu...-the-head-2013

It's corney, it's cheesy, it's mumbling, it's Stallone.

7/10
Worth watching if you got nowt better to do.

spreadsheet 31-05-2013 00:03

zero dark thirty - good film - watched on google play 9 or ten out of ten

denphone 01-06-2013 10:50

Prometheus 8/10 - Pretty good

thenry 03-06-2013 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35572864)
Just seen Fast & Furious 6 7/10

Really enjoyable and some great car chases and fight scenes although one or two were a bit too far fetched.

7 Should be very interesting as there was a small post credit scene featuring... (Spoilers added in case you haven't already seen it mentioned online)

Spoiler: 
Jason Statham!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenry (Post 35572928)
Just seen Fast & Furious 6 as well. I too love the whole franchise and all. I get where its going, its been going but i don't get some of the stuff as Stephen related to, bit far fetched. on the whole though I dont care, i enjoyed it. I don't want to say much for those of you who want to see it obviously. My rating 9/10.

:D

Chris 03-06-2013 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will21st (Post 35511416)
The Hobbit 10/10

3D HFR looks absolutely stunning and will hopefully be Industry standard at some point.
The critics who said it was 'meh' can get stuffed,this has hear,guts and magic just like LOTR did. Can't wait for the next one! :)

Finally saw the Hobbit, on DVD. Loved it.

Some people have complained that Jackson has stuffed what is essentially a short-ish children's story with too much additional material, but I don't see any other way he could have done it. Tolkein may have fleshed out Middle Earth after writing the Hobbit, but Jackson made the Hobbit after creating an on-screen version of Middle Earth. We know too much about Bilbo, Gandalf and Middle Earth for a 90-minute treatment to have worked.

Gandalf may not have been concerned about Sauron at the time the Hobbit was written, but when you look back on Tolkein's completed works and their timeline, it is inconceivable that he would not have been concerned, and would not have taken the opportunity to discuss it with the likes of Lord Elrond and Lady Galadriel.

Tolkein's great achievement is the creation of a universe and people, all of which have an existence before and after the stories that are told about them. Jackson has successfully translated that to the screen. I was enjoying being back in Middle Earth as much as I was enjoying the story that happened to be taking place there at the time. I can't wait for The Desolation of Smaug, although I may have to wait for the DVD again.

If I have any complaint at all, it would be that the exposition in the first half hour went from being far too rushed, in Bilbo's retelling of the fall of Erebor, to far too slow, in establishing the Company of Thorin. But once they got out on the road things went quite nicely.

8/10.

Vieil Homme 03-06-2013 22:08

We had a lazy day on Saturday as the sun was hiding. We watched ARGO a historical drama thriller film directed by Ben Affleck. A CIA operative is charged with the rescue of six U.S diplomats from Tehran, Iran, during the 1979 Iran hostage crisis. It kept us hooked into the film 9/10

We then watched "The Life of Pi" A fantasy adventure film. Piscine Patel "Pi" survives 227 days on a life boat in the Pacific Ocean with a Bengal tiger he named Richard Parker. Well acted and a lovely story 10/10

Stephen 04-06-2013 08:20

Bullet to the Head 8/10

Enjoyed it a lot and Stallone was great.

Will21st 04-06-2013 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 35579018)
Finally saw the Hobbit, on DVD. Loved it.

Some people have complained that Jackson has stuffed what is essentially a short-ish children's story with too much additional material, but I don't see any other way he could have done it. Tolkein may have fleshed out Middle Earth after writing the Hobbit, but Jackson made the Hobbit after creating an on-screen version of Middle Earth. We know too much about Bilbo, Gandalf and Middle Earth for a 90-minute treatment to have worked.

Gandalf may not have been concerned about Sauron at the time the Hobbit was written, but when you look back on Tolkein's completed works and their timeline, it is inconceivable that he would not have been concerned, and would not have taken the opportunity to discuss it with the likes of Lord Elrond and Lady Galadriel.

Tolkein's great achievement is the creation of a universe and people, all of which have an existence before and after the stories that are told about them. Jackson has successfully translated that to the screen. I was enjoying being back in Middle Earth as much as I was enjoying the story that happened to be taking place there at the time. I can't wait for The Desolation of Smaug, although I may have to wait for the DVD again.

If I have any complaint at all, it would be that the exposition in the first half hour went from being far too rushed, in Bilbo's retelling of the fall of Erebor, to far too slow, in establishing the Company of Thorin. But once they got out on the road things went quite nicely.

8/10.

Nice review Chris.... saw this again recently and still loved it. :)

Probably agree re the exposition,could've been the other way around almost. Anyway,bring on the Desolation of Smaug. :D

ThunderPants73 13-06-2013 21:54

Les Miserables. 7/10

A bit too much singing.

Stephen 13-06-2013 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderPants73 (Post 35583799)
Les Miserables. 7/10

A bit too much singing.

Well it is a musical :rolleyes:

Stephen 14-06-2013 14:07

Man of Steel - 9/10

Stunning!! I loved everything about it. How a Superman movie should be done.