Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tivo V6 : Fault with tv service like pulling teeth (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33707975)

dodgem22 15-08-2019 10:37

Fault with tv service like pulling teeth

Whats happend to customer services they used to be quite good now after a week of trying to get a fault fixed im ready to leave.

Getting intermittent picture break up on both boxes various channels.

Three calls to faults each time on hold at least 20 minutes, first call we got cut off, 2nd and 3rd call they blatantly reading a script and making me go through pointless hoops rebooting boxes, unplugging cables, can I try a different hdmi and I explained this was done on the last call but no I must do it again.

I explained the hdmi cant be the issue or the co ax as its doing it on both boxes.

They booked me an engineer for today after about 2 hours in total on the phone yesterday now just had a text saying they not coming due to a network issue but service status does not list any.

Totally fed up with it, they never used to be this bad.:mad:

SnoopZ 15-08-2019 12:01

Re: Fault with tv service like pulling teeth

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodgem22 (Post 36006047)
Whats happend to customer services they used to be quite good now after a week of trying to get a fault fixed im ready to leave.

Getting intermittent picture break up on both boxes various channels.

Three calls to faults each time on hold at least 20 minutes, first call we got cut off, 2nd and 3rd call they blatantly reading a script and making me go through pointless hoops rebooting boxes, unplugging cables, can I try a different hdmi and I explained this was done on the last call but no I must do it again.

I explained the hdmi cant be the issue or the co ax as its doing it on both boxes.

They booked me an engineer for today after about 2 hours in total on the phone yesterday now just had a text saying they not coming due to a network issue but service status does not list any.

Totally fed up with it, they never used to be this bad.:mad:

You should post on the VM forum(the easiest place) but it may take a week for a reply, i had picture break up a while ago and my levels didn't look good and when the engineer came out he replaced the Tivo for a V6 first to see what would happen and fitted a booster then before he left it still wasn't correct so he got a new cable pulled and it has been awesome since.

If it is a network issue ask your neighbours if they're having issues too?

nodrogd 15-08-2019 12:45

Try the Service Status Hotline. It picks up faults too small to show on the automated online system.

0800 561 0061

dodgem22 15-08-2019 12:48

Thanks nodded i just phoned that number but it says no issues in your area.

Raider999 15-08-2019 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodgem22 (Post 36006056)
Thanks nodded i just phoned that number but it says no issues in your area.

Sounds like the 'strength of signal' in your house is not high enough to cope with 2 V6 boxes and your broadband.

The engineer will move you up the pecking order in the street cabinet - this resolved my similar issues some time ago.

SnoopZ 15-08-2019 14:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 36006057)
Sounds like the 'strength of signal' in your house is not high enough to cope with 2 V6 boxes and your broadband.

The engineer will move you up the pecking order in the street cabinet - this resolved my similar issues some time ago.

If it is indeed a low signal fault and he is already on the top tap then he may fit a booster, if that doesn't work it could be a repull with possibly a thicker cable.

Dodgem22 what are your power levels these are what everyone needs to see?

heero_yuy 15-08-2019 18:28

We have a pretty good idea of what the acceptable signal levels are for the hubs/modems but I don't think I've seen posted levels for the TV boxes. Maybe someone can enlighten us?

dodgem22 15-08-2019 19:22

I'm not sure how to find out what the power levels are myself to be honest.

heero_yuy 15-08-2019 19:27

Quote:

Quote from dodgem22:I'm not sure how to find out what the power levels are myself to be honest.
It's down in the technical pages on the box.

dodgem22 15-08-2019 19:55

Thank you I will look when I get home.

SnoopZ 15-08-2019 20:55

I would look at the levels on the Hub as it is easier, that is what i did and if those levels look low then the TV will also be low.

You really should make a detailed post on the VM forums then you won't have to phone up, what will happen is they will eventually reply and they will check more levels than what you can then if they decide an engineer is required they will arrange that via PM and you basically get to decide what day and time.

spiderplant 15-08-2019 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 36006145)
We have a pretty good idea of what the acceptable signal levels are for the hubs/modems but I don't think I've seen posted levels for the TV boxes. Maybe someone can enlighten us?

They are the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36006194)
I would look at the levels on the Hub as it is easier, that is what i did and if those levels look low then the TV will also be low.

Sometimes that will work, but not always. It's fairly common for levels to vary between devices within the house. Plus the modem works on different frequencies.

Looking at the TV signal quality is also easy (Home -> Help & Settings -> Settings -> Diagnostics, then scroll down to the tuner that is tuned to the channel you are watching). But there isn't really any need to do this. If you have pixellation, you need to get VM to fix it.