Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Internet Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   350M : Hub 3 in modem mode help (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33707972)

Tomsta79 14-08-2019 14:51

Hub 3 in modem mode help

:mad:Hi there is any one on vm if so and have hub 3 .I get full speed on the hub 3 but find it a bit bugie so try and run it on modem mode with a nighthawk ac2350 but only get 170 to 180 max and am on 350 meg deal is this down to my nighthawk ac2350 if so what other routers would you recommend. what will give me full speed on modem mode thanks

ozsat 14-08-2019 15:10

Re: Hub 3 in modem mode help

How are you doing your speedtests?

There is a Netgear app which will run a speedtest direct from the router - rather then doing it from a PC which will introduce some reduction in what's available.

tweetiepooh 14-08-2019 16:14

I have issues on my main PC and diagnosis shows it's the PC. Traced issue in stages but to your issue. BTW I have the NightHawk R7000 and I know I can get 500Mb+ direct on router, plugged into 2nd router acting as access point.

So plug PC into router and check the speed, use different test sites in case it's that.
If that's all slow, try a different LAN cable.
Try a different PC if you can.
Try a different cable between SH3 and router.
If you do have 2 PC's can you check speed between them (copy some really big files).

Tomsta79 15-08-2019 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweetiepooh (Post 36006019)
I have issues on my main PC and diagnosis shows it's the PC. Traced issue in stages but to your issue. BTW I have the NightHawk R7000 and I know I can get 500Mb+ direct on router, plugged into 2nd router acting as access point.

So plug PC into router and check the speed, use different test sites in case it's that.
If you do have 2 PC's can you check speed between them (copy some really big files).

Thanks for the reply lads am going to give a new lan cable a try

Tomsta79 16-08-2019 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweetiepooh (Post 36006019)

ive went in to settings on my netgear nighthawk ac2350 . ive looked at the settings and the Dynamic Qos was set to let speedtest detect my internet bandwidth . so ive unchecked it and checked I want to define my internet bandwidth and set download to 350.00 and upload to 35.00 and all is well pretty much but guess we never get full all the time depending on how many devices are connected at the same time