Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : Petition to highlight/embarrass VM into improving the way that they treat customers (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709497)

RichardCoulter 11-11-2020 23:14

Re: Petition to highlight/embarrass Virgin Media into improving the way that they tre

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 36057679)
Just install Skype. (Other VOIP services are available)

Thanks Andrew, i'll take a look at that if something similar happens again. Ofcom are liasing with someone high up at VM and will be ringing me tomorrow, so i'm hopeful that something will finally get done.

45rpm 13-11-2020 00:54

Re: Petition to highlight/embarrass Virgin Media into improving the way that they tre

Hello everyone. I've been with VM when they were Telewest. The customer service has always been poor. The engineers seem to have one objective - get out and on to the next job asap. When changing packages, the bills are impossible to understand. I can not instigate a sensible conversation with them when their bills are wrong. They don't seem to have a complaint handling facility.

On the other hand:
Their products are very good.
The internet speed is exceptional.
I have suffered very few technical problems
95%+ of my bills are fine

Recently my contract finished, I was offered more channels at less cost - without me threatening to leave.

pip08456 13-11-2020 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45rpm (Post 36057837)
Hello everyone. I've been with VM when they were Telewest. The customer service has always been poor. The engineers seem to have one objective - get out and on to the next job asap. When changing packages, the bills are impossible to understand. I can not instigate a sensible conversation with them when their bills are wrong. They don't seem to have a complaint handling facility.

On the other hand:

Recently my contract finished, I was offered more channels at less cost - without me threatening to leave.

How did you manage that? Richard says it's impossibe to contact them.

Legendkiller2k 13-11-2020 13:11

@Richard if you're serious about leaving vm for tv then SKY are doing 50% of tv packages now for Black Friday.

Mad Max 13-11-2020 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45rpm (Post 36057837)

On the other hand:

Never had that problem, in fact it's the opposite to what you've just said.

Legendkiller2k 13-11-2020 15:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 36057903)
Never had that problem, in fact it's the opposite to what you've just said.

Similar to SKY i see people slate their cs but everytime i've phoned i've always found them helpful and polite, plusnet is the same too.

Paul 13-11-2020 15:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 36057674)
It's already been explained why I cannot do this.

Ah yes, another excuse, you always have plenty of them.
Buy a new phone if your 'disability' is such a problem, or just use skype.
Perhaps you should try applying yourself to such a simple problem with the same vigour as you do with your constant action against others.

Loubear 13-11-2020 16:23

I recently moved home. I wanted to move my Virgin Media services but found conflicting information about whether Virgin’s services were available at my new property. Properties round the corner from me can get Virgin but my home, Virgin themselves are not sure.

I tried 4 times to speak to someone on Virgin’s online chat. What a joke that is.

Each time I got cut off when apparently they were looking into my account. I called Customer Services and after a half hour, finally spoke to a polite chap. He had to put an order through to the engineering team as he wasn’t sure if I could get services. Was told I would hear back within 48 hours. Well... one week later, nothing!

Tried Virgin’s online chat service again. Just to add, this is after messaging via their text service too. Spoke to a rep and was able to cancel my contract. Explained I couldn’t get services and wasn’t happy paying for services I can’t even receive. Was told my services will end December 2 and they will send me return bags to send back equipment. Brilliant. Or is it...

I have received no email confirmation. No cancellation order is showing on my account and I thought it odd that there was no mention at all of an early termination fee considering I have 15-16 months of my contract left to run.

Just to be safe, I took screenshots of my cancellation conversation from their online chat service. I have no trust at all that my services have indeed been cancelled. Once my monthly bill is taken I am cancelling my direct debit. I’m prepared for war. I will fight this to the death. I have proof that I was using their online chat and what the service rep said.

I am disgusted by Virgin Media’s total lack of customer service integrity. To say it’s shocking is an understatement. Yes we are in unusual times but no company customer service should treat customers with such appalling service. I have lost all trust in Virgin Media. Instead I’m moving to Sky which unfortunately is more expensive but at least I’m able to receive their services at my property.

The best part of this saga was receiving an email the other day from an outsource team asking for feedback about my experience using Virgin Media’s Customer Services. Ha! Well... it wasn’t a positive response for sure.

Mad Max 13-11-2020 17:55

Strange how other customers get really good service from Virgin CS, and some not so good, strange.:confused:

heero_yuy 13-11-2020 17:57

Caller attitude?

Itshim 13-11-2020 18:57

As far as cs is concerned never really had any real problems .ok niggles but overall no problems. And yes no problems phoning them

Mad Max 13-11-2020 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 36057937)
Caller attitude?

Could be. :Yes:

RichardCoulter 13-11-2020 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36057912)
Ah yes, another excuse, you always have plenty of them.
Buy a new phone if your 'disability' is such a problem, or just use skype.
Perhaps you should try applying yourself to such a simple problem with the same vigour as you do with your constant action against others.

What 'excuses' are you referring to? I don't need a new phone, as I said it is in for repair.

Perhaps you should try to be more understanding and empathetic towards severely disabled people- after all this can happen to anyone, including you and your loved ones.

Let's hope that you don't find out the hard way why such remarks, at best, can only be described as 'unhelpful' on top of the difficulties already faced by disabled people.

---------- Post added at 19:08 ---------- Previous post was at 19:04 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 36057937)
Caller attitude?

Unfortunately, in my case, I never had chance to speak to them to have a good, bad or indifferent attitude. I suspect It's a case of staff attitude. A few I've dealt with have been really nice and helpful, most have met, but not exceeded my expectations and some have been so shockingly bad that complaints have had to be made.

Thankfully, after Ofcom became involved, I received a special delivery of a new box today.

Hugh 13-11-2020 19:12

Correlation does not imply causation

Mythica 13-11-2020 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 36057949)
What 'excuses' are you referring to? I don't need a new phone, as I said it is in for repair.

Perhaps you should try to be more understanding and empathetic towards severely disabled people- after all this can happen to anyone, including you and your loved ones.

Let's hope that you don't find out the hard way why such remarks, at best, can only be described as 'unhelpful' on top of the difficulties already faced by disabled people.

Because you seem to have every excuse under the sun.

The simple answer is leave VM. You've been told that for years. Yet it's like rinse and repeat in Richard world. You get bad service, you complain on here, people try to help, you throw every excuse back, your contract runs out and as if by magic, you get such a brilliant deal, better than anyone can get and you sign back up for another 12 months.

Though for reasons, I'll keep out of here, I personally can't believe some things that come out of your mouth.

What happened to the person you knew that was high up in VM?