Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Internet Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=14837)

th'engineer 17-07-2004 00:18

Re: CF receive broadband speed upgrade Dates

I suppose i asked for that :p: thanks BILL & TOM :angel:

Bill C 17-07-2004 01:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by th'engineer
I suppose i asked for that :p: thanks BILL & TOM :angel:

Yes you did :)

carlingman 17-07-2004 03:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangebird
How about the 150K peeps who are getting a 100% increase - want to whinge about that? :rolleyes:

Getting cancer isn't fair, getting runover by a bus isn't fair. Getting a speed increase for free (regardless of %age) is fair. Bloody grow up.

Typical NTL response there is resorting to insults by accusing someone to grow up.

Have you not familiarised yourself with the T&Cs here.

:dunce: Silly me of course you have.

And where your part of the next quote about cancer comes who knows.

Dam and there was me thinking this thread was about speed increases not your chances of getting hit by a bus or developing cancer.

I suppose typical reaction then from your first post in this thread

Quote:

You're getting a 25% increase for nothing - and your tier wasn't previously affected by the price rises either - pray tell, what is not 'fair' about that?? :shrug:

Hmm screw everyone else as long as someone is happy.

Then followed by this †“

Quote:

Diplomacy never was a strong point of mine. Neither is patience, or suffering fools gladly. And I make no apologies for any of it. :)

Yep, true too, you can always vote with your feet.

'So, sir/madam, why did you choose to leave ntl?'

'Because they didn't give enough away for free. It's not fair, he/she got more than me!' :cry: :rolleyes:

I guess most NTL employees follow your stance then with the diplomacyand tact side or patience as they too seem not to care about the customer.

As for your signature as to how the hell did I get 10 balls †“

Well to me it is obvious because of the caring and helpful assistance you give here but this obviously this seems to wander determined by your mood.

:D

Now to somehow drag this back to the topic by increasing the speeds, this is not really giving the customer extra only making up for the shortfall that already exists.

:)

Feenix 17-07-2004 04:00

handbags at dawn?

Bill C 17-07-2004 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlingman

Then followed by this †“

I guess most NTL employees follow your stance then with the diplomacyand tact side or patience as they too seem not to care about the customer.

:)

Who are you to say anyone is uncaring. How can you say that of someone you have not met.

How can you say its not giving something back, even if it is only 25% thats something. Now if you have a problem with your service have you reported this to faults. Then you can make up your shortfall as you put it :rant:

th'engineer 17-07-2004 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill C
Who are you to say anyone is uncaring. How can you say that of someone you have not met.

How can you say its not giving something back, even if it is only 25% thats something. Now if you have a problem with your service have you reported this to faults. Then you can make up your shortfall as you put it :rant:

Quite agree with your rant bill can not tar everyone with the same brush and Orangebird does help customers she is a great girl . Shes not bad looking too:romance:

poolking 17-07-2004 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by th'engineer
Quite agree with your rant bill can not tar everyone with the same brush and Orangebird does help customers she is a great girl . Shes not bad looking too:romance:

Any photos? :D

etccarmageddon 17-07-2004 12:39

oh give over!!!

magpie 17-07-2004 13:40

For people complaining that the percentages aren't equal, try thinking about it like this:

orig speed...new speed....orig price...new price....speed inc....price inc

128K.........300K......... £14.99.......Ãâ₠¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£17.99.......134%.........20%
512K.........750K......... £24.99.......Ãâ₠¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£24.99.......46%..........0%
1MB..........1.5MB........ £34.99*......Ãâ₠¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£37.99.......50%..........9%

Interesting, no? The bronze service has the biggest price increase, but also the biggest speed increase. The gold service has just under half the price increase, and a little under half the speed increase (seems pretty fair). The silver service, which people seem to be moaning about, has an increase almost the same as the gold service with NO price increase - in terms of value, you're easily getting the best deal!

* I ignored the very original price of fifty quid as being an introductory thing (+ it screws up the maths!)

Stop It 17-07-2004 14:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by magpie
For people complaining that the percentages aren't equal, try thinking about it like this:

orig speed...new speed....orig price...new price....speed inc....price inc

128K.........300K......... £14.99.......Ãâ₠¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£17.99.......134%.........20%
512K.........750K......... £24.99.......Ãâ₠¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£24.99.......46%..........0%
1MB..........1.5MB........ £34.99*......Ãâ₠¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£37.99.......50%..........9%

Interesting, no? The bronze service has the biggest price increase, but also the biggest speed increase. The gold service has just under half the price increase, and a little under half the speed increase (seems pretty fair). The silver service, which people seem to be moaning about, has an increase almost the same as the gold service with NO price increase - in terms of value, you're easily getting the best deal!

* I ignored the very original price of fifty quid as being an introductory thing (+ it screws up the maths!)

Well said, maybe the 600k users cant remember the fact they already got 1 speed upgrade for free (From 512k to 600) when the 1MB didnt, what goes around...

badnbusy 17-07-2004 15:20

http://www.ntl.com/locales/ie/en/ath...net_cable.html

It actually says that ntl are offering the new updated speeds from 31 Aug 2004!

Does this in fact mean that us here in the UK will probably be around that time, and not on the 1st August as previously thought?

Bill C 17-07-2004 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by badnbusy

Does this in fact mean that us here in the UK will probably be around that time, and not on the 1st August as previously thought?

I know which one i will get my update on and it's not that date ;)

Stop It 17-07-2004 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by badnbusy

Thats NTL Ireland, check prices, EUROS ,:P and (as I hope) the speed does go up on 1st August, its getting pretty close, and NTL havent officially announced it yet, come on lads, you know you wanna :p

Kneebs 17-07-2004 16:45

Well, the installer type bloke turned up early .... :Yikes: , and I've now got one of the samsung boxes, albeit without audio outputs on the back. bugger.

Ah well, at least it now matches everything else :)

Talking to the guy who fitted it, he reckons he's got over a hundred to swap out in sunderland alone, and for today, gets paid a tenner per box.....this doubles to £20 per box swapped tomorrow :Yikes::Yikes:

paulyoung666 17-07-2004 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kneebs
Well, the installer type bloke turned up early .... :Yikes: , and I've now got one of the samsung boxes, albeit without audio outputs on the back. bugger.

Ah well, at least it now matches everything else :)

Talking to the guy who fitted it, he reckons he's got over a hundred to swap out in sunderland alone, and for today, gets paid a tenner per box.....this doubles to £20 per box swapped tomorrow :Yikes::Yikes:

can you not get a scart cable with audio breakout leads built into it :)

maplin is a good place to start , or believe it or not b&q do them as well :erm: