Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

tonecold 21-05-2006 02:30

re: Rate the last movie you saw

Last film I saw at cinema was Saw 2, bloody awesome (literally). I don't get jumpy with horror movies, I just laugh at them instead.

Also saw Falling Down on TV last night if that counts, a true antihero classic.

etccarmageddon 21-05-2006 10:48

match point - awful.

akane1984 21-05-2006 10:53

da vinci code very very good.

Jules 21-05-2006 11:39

Saw Red eye last night, it was ok but it could have been far better

Halcyon 21-05-2006 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by akane1984
da vinci code very very good.

Going to see this next week. People say it's quite a long film.
I'm looking forward to seeing wether it lives up to all the hype it's been given.

ZrByte 21-05-2006 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halcyon
Going to see this next week. People say it's quite a long film.
I'm looking forward to seeing wether it lives up to all the hype it's been given.

Going to see this one Tuesday myself, going to be a busy cinema week for me actually, im going to see X-Men III on Thursday aswel.

Jules 21-05-2006 18:23

Is X-men 111 out this week??? Oh great I have been looking forward to that :)

ZrByte 21-05-2006 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules

I hope so or thats going to be the most boring evening spent in the cinema of my life this thursday :)

TheBlueRaja 22-05-2006 12:52

Assault on Precinct 13

Enjoyable action movie, unfortunaly it has an obvious bad guy your not supposed to know about from the start (trust me - im not giving anything away) but apart from that - worthy.

Druchii 22-05-2006 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja
Assault on Precinct 13 Enjoyable action movie, unfortunaly it has an obvious bad guy your not supposed to know about from the start (trust me - im not giving anything away) but apart from that - worthy.

That was a nice film, saw it a while back. I enjoyed it, but it is a little predictable in places. Still, kept me entertained, 6.5/10.

TheBlueRaja 22-05-2006 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Druchii
That was a nice film, saw it a while back. I enjoyed it, but it is a little predictable in places. Still, kept me entertained, 6.5/10.

Did you notice the obvious bad guy as well?

Druchii 22-05-2006 13:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja
Did you notice the obvious bad guy as well?

So long ago i'm not entirely sure, although i do remember predictability for some reason.

Stuart 26-05-2006 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZrByte
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules

I hope so or thats going to be the most boring evening spent in the cinema of my life this thursday :)

You never saw "The Grifters" at the cinema then? :D

Anyway. the last two films I saw were "Aeon Flux" and "Fun with Dick and Jane". Saw the former on the plane out to Las Vegas, and the latter on the plane back.

Aeon Flux

I was being constantly interrupted by the various goings on on the plane (stewards serving drinks/food etc) while watching this, so have possibly missed large chunks.

From what I did see: Charlise Theron looked rather nice, it had some good stunts and good special FX. The bad part is that the story was difficult to understand (although, as I said, this may be due to the interruptions as I can follow most stories easily), the script was bad. The other major bad point is that it seemed very much like a generic action film from a comic book (set in a future world, oppressive government rules and a brave rebellion fights back). I'd give it a 4/10.

Fun with Dick and Jane.

I wasn't expecting to enjoy this, but, surprisingly, I did. Not because it was a great story (it wasn't), or had a great script (it didn't). Not even because it has Jim Carrey acting the fool in it (he went way over the top). I enjoyed it mainly because Tea Leoni performed well in it. She may not be the greatest actress ever, but she does seem to have brilliant comic timing, and does visual comedy well. 5/10.

liamboyle06 26-05-2006 16:21

X-Men 3
Graphically this was a stunning movie, The Effects through out the show are nothing short of stunning.
I was left a bit disappointed with it though, Was not what I had imaging.
True the film was action after action, but I left the Cinema feeling " was that it?"
I personally feel the second film was a better story. This was a good film but for me was not long enough and did not close off any questions i might have had.
i would give it an 8/10.

joggerspark 26-05-2006 16:21

syriana 7/10