Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

alferret 31-12-2007 21:57

re: Rate the last movie you saw

Captivity

Very predictable plot, ok acting and a slight twist at the end that I didnt predict.

4\10

The Omega Man

God you can tell its a 1974 film but very well acted, I think Heston done a good job with the script he was given I dont know how far it deviated from the book but from what I have read elsewhere it was a virtual re-write and that Matheson didnt want his name connected with the film.

7\10

popper 31-12-2007 22:41

talking about The Omega Man, thats by far the better option if your thinking of seeing I Am Legend is a 2007 post-apocalyptic science fiction horror film directed by Francis Lawrence and starring Will Smith. Smith plays virologist Robert Neville, possibly Earth's only human survivor of a man-made virus. He works to create a cure while living in a city inhabited by nocturnal mutant victims of the plague. "

IAL is total and utter tosh on story, and very little more on acting, the FX are werth a small mention and thats about it.

shame really, as the zombie and his dogs could have been SO MUCH more for plotline, but ill not say anything more, as this version of the story is so shallow id give the whole film away by saying anything more....

Tezcatlipoca 01-01-2008 20:51

RoboCop (Blu-ray Disc)

9/10. Classic stuff.

To think that Verhoeven later went on to do "Showgirls"... :rolleyes:

Maggy 01-01-2008 21:06

Just saw Finding Neverland..loved it.Absolute magic.

10/10 for the perfect weepy afternoon film.

Now they are watching Diehard 4.

tried to watch it until the first impossible stunt move.:rolleyes:

Stuart 01-01-2008 23:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by bopdude (Post 34460486)
National Treasure 2, what you'd expect IMHO, watchable tale :shrug: 5/10

I'll be watching that partly because I enjoyed the first (I like brainless Indiana Jones style actioners) and partly because a lot of the London scenes were filmed in and around where I work.

The last film I saw? 300..

Good points? Lena Headey (soon to appear on V1 in "The Sarah Connor Chronicles").

Bad points? Pretty much everything else. In short, I found it to be one of the most boring films I have ever seen, and I wasn't too upset when my licence to watch it on Xbox Live expired before I had finished watching it.

tweetypie/8 03-01-2008 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 210980)
(thread idea lifted from another forum ;) :) )

Here goes......

Last night: "Underworld" (DVD) - good, better than I expected. I'd give it....7/10

Just finished watching: "Equilibrium" (DVD) - surprisingly very good. Good story, good cast, great action & fight scenes. Easily better than the awful Matrix Reloaded & Revolutions. Score: 8/10.

bucket list,jack nicholsan,morgan freeman,great film great story 8/10 :D

die5el 03-01-2008 14:07

The last film i saw was I am Legend worse film i had seen in ages 0 out of 10 rather had watched paint dry

SOSAGES 03-01-2008 14:27

no country for old men -
i must be the only person who isnt a coen brothers fan but i gave it a go anyway. Good acting, good plot. No music made the film a little strange to start with but it was a clever idea i feel. Anyway the last 30 mins of the film kinda sucked and were boring but such is life :) The killing machine dude was awesome :)

5/10

Good luck chuck:
romcom/sex comedy - I didnt laugh and i didnt watch it for the sexy lady.
2/10 please try harder.

Hugh 03-01-2008 21:02

I Am Legend - 7/10

ikthius 03-01-2008 21:25

really pants.

thank god I only paid £5 from play otherwise I would have burned my house down with disappointment

ik

Zee 04-01-2008 02:59

The Kite Runner - 9/10

This movie is deep and shows the life of people in Afghanistan during the taliban rule... this movie was hard for me to watch and was very emotional since im an Afghan myself and i know what it was like to live in Afghanistan during the Taliban rule.

It would have got 10/10 rating from me but there were a few flaws, in this movie they showed the Taliban speaking in Dari, infact the Taliban almost 100% of the time speak in Pashto, the rest of the speaking from the other cast was in Dari and that was fine since it was mostly in Kabul where Dari is spoken more then Pashto.

A few other flaws was in the way they spoke the words in Dari, it didn't always make sense, now for someone who doesn't understand Dari and read the translation its fine, but when you understand the language and are taking more note of the speaking rather then the translation flaws are easily noticed...

Its disgusting what the Pashtun Afghans do to the Hazara Afghans (Chinese looking ones) tho... and it is usually much worse then they show.

anyways.... please go and see this movie! 9/10

zing_deleted 05-01-2008 18:32

Death Sentence watched the unrated version of this and its a very brutal film well worth the watch

greencreeper 05-01-2008 19:28

Watched Bully last night on Film4 - very good movie. Was surprised at the sentences though. 9/10

papa smurf 06-01-2008 12:21

AVP-requiem .. all the action scenes are in the dark so its a bit hard to see whats going on , not impressed .

Stephen 06-01-2008 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 34465377)
AVP-requiem .. all the action scenes are in the dark so its a bit hard to see whats going on , not impressed .

I bet it would be easier to see in the cinema:D