Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : Outside cable junction box problem (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709073)

Saul's Grandad 27-05-2020 15:56

Outside cable junction box problem

Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong section.

The cable junction box on our outside wall is getting on a bit (it's the original Diamond Cable box from prehistory;)) and the cover of it is hanging off, leaving wiring and components exposed to the elements.
I've rung 150 to try and get it fixed and didn't get anywhere as none of the Faults menu options seemed to apply to the situation. Similarly, the Virgin Media help forum didn't seem to have any sections covering outside bits of kit.

So, does anyone have advice as to who I should contact at VM or which menu options would lead to being able to speak the right human operative about this problem please?

spiderplant 27-05-2020 17:06

Re: Outside cable junction box problem

If you post on the official forum, someone should pick it up and contact you for details. It doesn't really matter whether you log it as TV or broadband.

Saul's Grandad 28-05-2020 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 36037313)
If you post on the official forum, someone should pick it up and contact you for details. It doesn't really matter whether you log it as TV or broadband.

Cheers.:tu: Is there a correct term for the outside junction box thingy? ;)

spiderplant 28-05-2020 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul's Grandad (Post 36037420)
Cheers.:tu: Is there a correct term for the outside junction box thingy? ;)

If you use the correct name they might not know what you mean. So "the outside junction box thingy" will do just fine. :)

Saul's Grandad 01-06-2020 11:26

Had a rummage round the VM help forum and found a few posts with similar problems. The gist of the advice given that VM wouldn't give it a high priority under the current circumstances and to fix temporarily until "normal" conditions prevail. Two strips of gaffer tape later and it's protected from whatever the weather can throw at it...;)

OLD BOY 02-06-2020 14:27

They don't exactly bust a gut at the best of times to repair these junction boxes.

johnasimmons 03-06-2020 08:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36038052)
They don't exactly bust a gut at the best of times to repair these junction boxes.

I reported a open/damaged box in January 2019 and they took 7 months to fix it!

Ken W 03-06-2020 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnasimmons (Post 36038134)
I reported a open/damaged box in January 2019 and they took 7 months to fix it!

That was quick