Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : Is this a get lost message? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33706448)

Itshim 04-06-2018 18:40

Is this a get lost message?

Out of contract so l am looking around. This virgins 'offer'. Via my virgin media your offer\upgrade full house bundle £108.90 per month! For new customers forgetting any discount offer £78 80 . Or there about .

Inactive Digital 04-06-2018 19:01

Re: Is this a get lost message?

That page is pretty useless. When I had broadband only, it offered me an upgrade to talk weekends for £32 per month - admittedly £5 of that was a discount I would have lost from my broadband contract, but even so it was extortionate.

I currently have 50mb BB and talk more anytime - there's no option to add just Player TV to that bundle on the Offers and Upgrades screen, I'd have to upgrade to 200mb BB amd Talk More International too, despite not needing either.

Kabaal 04-06-2018 19:01

Nah, the offers on the account page have always been rubbish. If you want a deal you'll have to phone up retentions.

Mr K 05-06-2018 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabaal (Post 35949232)
Nah, the offers on the account page have always been rubbish. If you want a deal you'll have to phone up retentions.

Even better put in a notice on cancellation, you'll soon get a deal.

oxfordmark 05-06-2018 14:31

Use the online chat, they seem to offer great deals without needing to be in a call queue.

Itshim 08-06-2018 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 35949226)
Out of contract so l am looking around. This virgins 'offer'. Via my virgin media your offer\upgrade full house bundle £108.90 per month! For new customers forgetting any discount offer £78 80 . Or there about .

Thanks guys retentions is the way. I would go.However my point was that they want £108.90 for JUST a bog standard full house. Not any sky like extras :shocked: just checked again basic full house via my offers £108.90 per month . Had phone call offering full house at £78.80 with doubled up broadband.. declined saying match new customer and you have a deal .didn't happen . As l am out of contract l will just stay put thank you.

OLD BOY 08-06-2018 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 35949836)
Thanks guys retentions is the way. I would go.However my point was that they want £108.90 for JUST a bog standard full house. Not any sky like extras :shocked: just checked again basic full house via my offers £108.90 per month . Had phone call offering full house at £78.80 with doubled up broadband.. declined saying match new customer and you have a deal .didn't happen . As l am out of contract l will just stay put thank you.

Don't quite understand that -- so you were offered a deal at £78.80 but you declined that in favour of the status quo at £108.90?

I don't know what you're on....:confused:

Itshim 10-06-2018 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35949860)
Don't quite understand that -- so you were offered a deal at £78.80 but you declined that in favour of the status quo at £108.90?

I don't know what you're on....:confused:

Currently on L now called fun at £56 per month .Out of contract. The offer looking at my virgin media isUpgrade at £108.90 to full house . Far more than current undiscounted new customer. Price

OLD BOY 10-06-2018 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 35950051)
Currently on L now called fun at £56 per month .Out of contract. The offer looking at my virgin media isUpgrade at £108.90 to full house . Far more than current undiscounted new customer. Price

But you said you were offered £78.80 and double broadband. What am I not understanding?
:confused:

If you are expecting the deal being offered to new customers, you will be disappointed.

Raider999 11-06-2018 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 35950051)

You are missing the point - the current new customer price is discounted to attract new customers

Joedm45 11-06-2018 13:11

Looks like everyone has missed Itshim's key work in his post... 'current undiscounted new customer price'

He is quite quite right, ignoring any new customer offers, Full House is priced at £75 per month. Not sure why he is being offered it for £108.90. VM billing strikes again probably.

The moral of the story, always phone them and ignore anything online. So much easier to haggle with a person than your own computer.

Itshim 11-06-2018 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joedm45 (Post 35950123)
Looks like everyone has missed Itshim's key work in his post... 'current undiscounted new customer price'

He is quite quite right, ignoring any new customer offers, Full House is priced at £75 per month. Not sure why he is being offered it for £108.90. VM billing strikes again probably.

The moral of the story, always phone them and ignore anything online. So much easier to haggle with a person than your own computer.

THANK YOU starting to think l was missing something in my posts.Did not want or need to upgrade However have been offered new customer s offer. Taken it of cause

OLD BOY 11-06-2018 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 35950155)
THANK YOU starting to think l was missing something in my posts.Did not want or need to upgrade However have been offered new customer s offer. Taken it of cause

Glad to hear you got there in the end. Enjoy!!

Joedm45 13-06-2018 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 35950155)

Excellent news, always good to post what offers CS are giving out. It gives the rest of us an idea of what we can aim for. Good negotiating getting a new customer offer, it's almost unheard of.

Itshim 13-06-2018 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joedm45 (Post 35950374)
Excellent news, always good to post what offers CS are giving out. It gives the rest of us an idea of what we can aim for. Good negotiating getting a new customer offer, it's almost unheard of.

Guess the fact that l gave notice had the affect .Honestly Freeview and Netflix is all I require and anybody's reasonabe bb works for me. The question was asked what did l want and told them 10 meg and Freeview , so l was giving notice. Came back with new customer offer.