Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sony Games Systems (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   PS5 thread (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33707606)

denphone 18-04-2019 09:20

PS5 thread

With the PS5 coming here are some of the latest details on what Sony's next-generation console might include when it comes out.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/pl...NLS-04-10aaa1d

SnoopZ 18-04-2019 09:57

Re: PS5 thread

As expected it will be backwards compatible with PS4 games, so that is great.

I expect the PS5 to easily run every game at 4K with an acceptable frame rate but claims from Cerny that the PS5 will support 8K will miss lead alot of people. I can't see it running games at 8K but i guess it could easily be compatible with the Youtube app and movies, but who has an 8K TV or needs one.

The PS5 and Xbox2 will be very close this next generation in my opinion and any fanboy argument will come down to my console can run 5 frames faster than yours blah blah blah! or my console has more exclusives than yours blah blah blah.

I won't be jumping in right away i am happy with my PS4 Pro and i will wait a year or so for the prices to drop and for them to fix any issues with it.

denphone 18-04-2019 10:05

Yes l am certainly happy with it being backwards compatible with PS4 games but as like you l think its best to wait a while.

Gavin78 20-04-2019 02:22

Considering 2080ti cards at over 1k can't run 4k games at a constant smooth 60fps not inc the rest of the parts in the pc probably best part of £1,700+

I'm not convinced the PS5 will do any better and still keep a budget of under £500 especially with the supplied SSD as well.

The 8k is video output but they have been very canny in how they have being wording it you have to read through the specs to see it's not 8k gaming despite a lot of sites wording it that way.

Stephen 20-04-2019 06:33

I don't need a PS5 yet. I just got a PS4 Pro this week and have many games to catch up on, so feel the next gen is still likely to be at least 2020 or even 2021 before a release nevermind being worthy of purchasing within 12 months or so.

With both current machines both having their shelf life extended with the Pro and X models and the having a good while left to go in them I don't see the need for a next gen yet. I still don't even have a 4K TV nevermind 8K. Same for broadcast TV hardly going near 4K yet.any channels still being in SD.

They are going the gun slightly.

SnoopZ 20-04-2019 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavin78 (Post 35991687)
Considering 2080ti cards at over 1k can't run 4k games at a constant smooth 60fps not inc the rest of the parts in the pc probably best part of £1,700+

I'm not convinced the PS5 will do any better and still keep a budget of under £500 especially with the supplied SSD as well.

The 8k is video output but they have been very canny in how they have being wording it you have to read through the specs to see it's not 8k gaming despite a lot of sites wording it that way.

We can only hope as the Xbox One X is far more powerful than the PS4 Pro and i know from reviews the visuals are native 4K on Red Dead compared to the PS4 Pro so there should be a pretty good improvement but most games need to be able to do native 4K or both consoles will get panned.

---------- Post added at 09:47 ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35991690)
I don't need a PS5 yet. I just got a PS4 Pro this week and have many games to catch up on, so feel the next gen is still likely to be at least 2020 or even 2021 before a release nevermind being worthy of purchasing within 12 months or so.

With both current machines both having their shelf life extended with the Pro and X models and the having a good while left to go in them I don't see the need for a next gen yet. I still don't even have a 4K TV nevermind 8K. Same for broadcast TV hardly going near 4K yet.any channels still being in SD.

They are going the gun slightly.

What model of Pro did you get, hopefully it is the latest 2716b as the others suffer from noise and can sound like a jet engine when playing with a 4K TV?

When you get a 4K TV get a good 1 atleast 49in and HDR10+ so you will get the full benefit of HDR visuals, which look fantastic on the Pro and normal PS4.

Stephen 22-04-2019 08:25

I think it is 7016B that I have. The guy I bought it from had hardly used it for gaming.

TBH when using boost mode playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider with higher resolution the fan does get loud but no louder than my Xbox 360 used to sound.

I'll probably go for around a 55" as my currently Samsung is 46" and has a relatively large frame/border. Its now 8 years old and was a first gen 3D model.

SnoopZ 22-04-2019 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35991796)
I think it is 7016B that I have. The guy I bought it from had hardly used it for gaming.

TBH when using boost mode playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider with higher resolution the fan does get loud but no louder than my Xbox 360 used to sound.

I'll probably go for around a 55" as my currently Samsung is 46" and has a relatively large frame/border. Its now 8 years old and was a first gen 3D model.

Boost mode is meant to be the quiet mode for noisy PS4 Pro when not using with a 4K TV so if the noise gets too much for you when you get a 4K TV you can always sell it at CEX (current cash prices £156-£168) and look at getting hold of the 7216b model which for me is very quiet.

But you may have got one of the good early models so don't worry about it yet.

Stephen 22-04-2019 14:02

I don't find it too noisy nor do I ever expect a modern console to be silent due to the cooling involved.

Quiet mode? Boost mode enables those games without a 'Pro' patch to run fast and or smoother using some of the extra processing power to make the games run better. Didn't think it could be classed as a quiet mode.

I don't really see PS5 looking all that much better than current gen as they are already looking spectacular.

SnoopZ 22-04-2019 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35991835)
I don't find it too noisy nor do I ever expect a modern console to be silent due to the cooling involved.

Quiet mode? Boost mode enables those games without a 'Pro' patch to run fast and or smoother using some of the extra processing power to make the games run better. Didn't think it could be classed as a quiet mode.

I don't really see PS5 looking all that much better than current gen as they are already looking spectacular.

I used that term to explain the PS4 Pro issue, what is happening is people that have earlier models of the console pre 7216b have noted that when running it with a 4K TV there is a good chance it will sound like a 'Jet Engine' you only have to google PS4 Pro jet engine to see the reports but the same console is quiet when using it with a 1080P TV.

My 7216b is dead quiet, i was concerned before i bought it as it would drive my partner nuts but she says it is quieter than my old PS4 1TB, even playing taxing games like GOW and RDR2.

p.s just about to send you a PSN invite i guess martymcfly88 is the correct one?

Mythica 22-04-2019 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35991835)

People say that every generation. Of course it will look better, much better.

Stephen 22-04-2019 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35991838)
I used that term to explain the PS4 Pro issue, what is happening is people that have earlier models of the console pre 7216b have noted that when running it with a 4K TV there is a good chance it will sound like a 'Jet Engine' you only have to google PS4 Pro jet engine to see the reports but the same console is quiet when using it with a 1080P TV.

My 7216b is dead quiet, i was concerned before i bought it as it would drive my partner nuts but she says it is quieter than my old PS4 1TB, even playing taxing games like GOW and RDR2.

p.s just about to send you a PSN invite i guess martymcfly88 is the correct one?

Using it in boost mode on a q080p tv I can't say it's that quiet, the fans do kick in majorly. If I turn off boost and it's essentially just running games the same as the standard console then it's pretty quiet. Boost still uses all the extra cpu and gpu power to output a better experience.

Yes that's still my ID although currently not able to login. I forgot my psn was linked to my old ntlworld email which I no longer have. So can't reset my password. Sony won't let me change the email ID as I can't send them a copy of my passport as it's expired and I don't have a drivers licence. Trying to sort something out though.

SnoopZ 22-04-2019 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35991888)
Using it in boost mode on a q080p tv I can't say it's that quiet, the fans do kick in majorly. If I turn off boost and it's essentially just running games the same as the standard console then it's pretty quiet. Boost still uses all the extra cpu and gpu power to output a better experience.

Yes that's still my ID although currently not able to login. I forgot my psn was linked to my old ntlworld email which I no longer have. So can't reset my password. Sony won't let me change the email ID as I can't send them a copy of my passport as it's expired and I don't have a drivers licence. Trying to sort something out though.

Good luck getting it back, might be easier just renewing your passport if that is the only way, this is why it is a bad idea to use ISP email addresses for signing into places.

I recommend using LASTPASS with all your passwords then you never have to remember and everything is more secure.

If/when you get it back setup 2fa with your mobile for recovery.

Stephen 23-04-2019 00:13

I had been using the email for 12 years and when switch3d to Sky changed everything to my gmail, but totally forgot about that as I had sold my PS3 by that time. However I am sure my account got hacked ad taken over.
Same thing happened with my USA storeaccount, but luckily they got it all sorted over chat I I then enabled 2 step verification on the account. UK seem more identity secure. Also password is not what I remember it being and tried every other thing I would possibly have used.

SnoopZ 23-04-2019 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35991904)
I had been using the email for 12 years and when switch3d to Sky changed everything to my gmail, but totally forgot about that as I had sold my PS3 by that time. However I am sure my account got hacked ad taken over.
Same thing happened with my USA storeaccount, but luckily they got it all sorted over chat I I then enabled 2 step verification on the account. UK seem more identity secure. Also password is not what I remember it being and tried every other thing I would possibly have used.

Do you think you will get it recovered anytime soon or are you going to start fresh?

Stephen 23-04-2019 11:37

Hopefully I'll get it sorted shortly. There is Citizen Card I can get for £15 which they accept. So that might be quicker.

Looked the account ID up online and it doesn't look like it's been used. But they changed the password. Happened on the US one although they also tried to change the email, but thankfully I still had access to the email and got it resolved.
Had to do it on my EA account too as that seemed to get accessed by someone in India. Got an email about login attempts so promptly changed details and added 2 step on that too.

SnoopZ 23-04-2019 12:26

You seem to get your accounts hacked alot i wonder why. :)

I now have passwords like this 594gkgd#dgks4 with the 'lastpass' app and i can't log in without a code sent to my mobile, so i don't see how they can get around that easily.

Stephen 23-04-2019 12:32

I recently enabled the 2 step SMS to phone on a lot of account but always use hard to guess(or so I thought) passwords with random letters and numbers. Eg pun143XYA.
So how the managed to get logged on I don't know.

Stephen 25-04-2019 15:19

WEll just called Sony again and the guy I spoke to said that as I can;t pass their security questions they can't actually help me, and my only option is to create a whole new online account. Grrrrrr

Their security involves the email adress that I told them I no longer have access to. Basically tough luck!

SnoopZ 25-04-2019 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35992202)
WEll just called Sony again and the guy I spoke to said that as I can;t pass their security questions they can't actually help me, and my only option is to create a whole new online account. Grrrrrr

Their security involves the email adress that I told them I no longer have access to. Basically tough luck!

To be fair you could be anyone phoning up, that is the response I would expect otherwise everyone would be stealing accounts.

Stephen 25-04-2019 16:42

I could confirm all the details but for security they wanted to to check past receipts for purchases. It's been 6 years since I logged on nevermind buying anything.

My new ID is raystanz84

SnoopZ 26-04-2019 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35992216)
I could confirm all the details but for security they wanted to to check past receipts for purchases. It's been 6 years since I logged on nevermind buying anything.

My new ID is raystanz84

I tried to add you but i think your account doesn't accept friend requests as i have no ADD button.

I guess you're not a PSN PLUS member yet?

As i am sure you're aware you can't play multiplayer on the PS4 without a membership or get the monthly games, i get my memberships from CDkeys.com this is a legit site and you can get a FB code and get 5% off, current price for 12 months is £38.99, far better than £50 in the shops.

Stephen 26-04-2019 10:43

Yeah I got the 14 day free trial just now of Plus.

Have just changed the ID to RayStantz_84 try it again.

SnoopZ 26-04-2019 11:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35992306)

Sent the invite.

---------- Post added at 11:20 ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35992306)

Your sig needs updating.

Mr K 26-04-2019 11:27

PS 5? Piff and tish....

It won't be a patch on the ZX Spectrum 48k.

denphone 26-04-2019 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35992322)
PS 5? Piff and tish....

It won't be a patch on the ZX Spectrum 48k.

You must be related to Albert Steptoe from his character part he played in Steptoe and Son Mr K given that you still seem to be stuck in the old days.;)

Mr K 26-04-2019 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35992323)
You must be related to Albert Steptoe from his character part he played in Steptoe and Son Mr K given that you still seem to be stuck in the old days.;)

Spoke a lot a sense old man Steptoe ! . Still working my way through 'Jet Set Willy' , that classic Spectrum game from 1984. Be a while before I get to the PS5

Hom3r 01-05-2019 18:40

I abandoned Playstation when the PS3 didn't have backward compatiability with PS2.

so I bought the Xbox 360, then the X1.

Rumours of GTA 6 being released late next near would suggest the X2 is coming out then, so I would say the PS5 would be about the same time.

Trouble is will either rush their console out which could have bugs.

SnoopZ 01-05-2019 19:11

I used to have an X1 but changed to a PS4 then to a PS4 Pro as my partners son had a PS4, so i am 100% stuck in that echo system now as i don't need 2 consoles, i am glad the PS5 will be backwards compatible with PS4.

I have no plan to buy a PS5 at launch i will wait for a revision for them to iron out the expected problems with it and improvements.

Stephen 02-05-2019 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35992949)
I abandoned Playstation when the PS3 didn't have backward compatiability with PS2.

so I bought the Xbox 360, then the X1.

Rumours of GTA 6 being released late next near would suggest the X2 is coming out then, so I would say the PS5 would be about the same time.

Trouble is will either rush their console out which could have bugs.

I thought the original launch version of the PS3 had backwards compatibility with the PS2?

Only a loon would get a launch console these days. There are always bugs and issues that get sorted out overtime. Whether it's software or hardware issues.

If GTA6 came out next year then it would likely be for the current generation as well. Look how long GTA5 has been on the go?

Hom3r 05-05-2019 21:40

GTA 6 will be on current and next gen consoles, going by what i read

Stephen 05-05-2019 21:53

Same as 5 then. As it came out on PS3 and X360 first. Then once next gen launch it was released on them too.

denphone 02-07-2019 09:30

Some possible games that could be coming to the PS5 once the console is released.

https://www.gamespot.com/gallery/eve...xbo/2900-2885/

SnoopZ 02-07-2019 10:02

I'm looking forward to seeing how powerful both the next generation of consoles are, 1 things for sure they will all be able to play games at 4K resolution and i hope most at 60fps.

But i won't be jumping in right away i am extremely happy with my PS4 Pro which i have only had 8 months, best to let it get reviewed and iron out any annoying bugs and improve on it with updated models, i also hope they don't release it in GLOSS!!!!

denphone 02-07-2019 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36001060)
I'm looking forward to seeing how powerful both the next generation of consoles are, 1 things for sure they will all be able to play games at 4K resolution and i hope most at 60fps.

But i won't be jumping in right away i am extremely happy with my PS4 Pro which i have only had 8 months, best to let it get reviewed and iron out any annoying bugs and improve on it with updated models, i also hope they don't release it in GLOSS!!!!

Yes my experience is like many is to not jump in straight away as no doubt some hard core gamers will when it comes out at a very premium price.

SnoopZ 02-07-2019 10:36

I think alot of people will upgrade on day one especially if you can easily play all your PS4 games on it without issue, this next generation is going to be very different and there are reports that the PS5 will be 4 times the power of the PS4 Pro and comparable to a Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 gaming PC, but we will wait and see.

denphone 08-10-2019 16:22

Sony confirms PlayStation 5 console name and release date.

https://news.sky.com/story/playstati...-date-11830739

Quote:

Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO and president Jim Ryan confirmed the PS5 would be "launching in time for Holiday 2020" in a post on the company's blog page.
Quote:

The PS5 will allow gamers to dive straight into single-player missions and multiplayer games without them having to boot up a game.

Stephen 08-10-2019 16:38

Well I didn't think they would call it anything other than Playstation 5. Lol.

The controller will apparently be new and have analogue triggers and haptic feedback instead of just rumble.

denphone 08-10-2019 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 36013236)
Well I didn't think they would call it anything other than Playstation 5. Lol.

The controller will apparently be new and have analogue triggers and haptic feedback instead of just rumble.

Yes seeing they have named their other consoles Playstation 1 , 2 , 3 and 4 it was never going to be called anything else.:D

l wonder what the price will be as it will need to be competitive?.

Stephen 08-10-2019 16:52

I could see it being £350 to £400 at launch.

denphone 08-10-2019 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 36013239)
I could see it being £350 to £400 at launch.

l suspect the real hard core gamers will pay that as l always think it is best to wait for a period.

SnoopZ 08-10-2019 22:59

The new consoles are going to be reasonably powerful, with a gpu around the 2070 spec if the rumours are to be believed, also with some new SSD drive tech reducing loading times, also hardware Ray Tracing is confirmed along with a 4K Bluray player with 100gb discs.

I expect the price to be £400-£450.

I've been following a thread on Resetera for a while now about the new consoles, I recommend it for people interested in specs.

https://www.wired.com/story/exclusive-playstation-5/

Uncle Peter 10-10-2019 17:04

There were some leaked sketches of the dev kit (rumoured). Not that it means this is what the release console will look like but interesting nontheless.

Odd, v-shaped affair with lots of vents. Looks like a bit of a dust trap

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...tails-analysis

Stephen 10-10-2019 17:26

They were confirmed real a few weeks back. After they leaked a Dev tweeted its real, they have one but the tweet was deleted not long after.

Mr K 10-10-2019 17:28

PS5?? Pants. What's wrong with a ZX Spectrum? I heard they do a 48k model now.

SnoopZ 10-10-2019 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Peter (Post 36013509)
There were some leaked sketches of the dev kit (rumoured). Not that it means this is what the release console will look like but interesting nontheless.

Odd, v-shaped affair with lots of vents. Looks like a bit of a dust trap

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...tails-analysis

It shouldn't be anything like that, just look how big it is, you can work out from the dvd slot.

Stephen 10-10-2019 20:53

Not only that but no console has ever looked like the Dev kit.

Uncle Peter 10-10-2019 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36013532)
It shouldn't be anything like that, just look how big it is, you can work out from the dvd slot.

That dev kit looks like a cross between a space age sandwich toaster and a cable modem ;)

Stephen 10-10-2019 21:05

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the latest 3D render of the devkit using the drawings and patent info. It also looks to be stackable. The PS4 Dec kit was the same.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/08/leake...like-10883981/
https://www.cableforum.uk/board/atta...1&d=1570738129

denphone 10-10-2019 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 36013535)
Not only that but no console has ever looked like the Dev kit.

l can't say l liked the Dev Kit image.

Stephen 10-10-2019 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36013539)
l can't say l liked the Dev Kit image.

Good thing the final console design will likely be totally different. ;)

denphone 10-10-2019 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 36013541)
Good thing the final console design will likely be totally different. ;)

Praise be to god for that.:D

SnoopZ 10-10-2019 23:08

The devkit is a monstrosity and I really hope the official ps5 doesn't come in gloss!

SnoopZ 19-10-2019 10:11

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the first leaked photo of the Dev Kit, previously we have only had renders.

The consumer unit will hopefully look nothing like this.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/atta...1&d=1571476278

denphone 06-02-2020 09:16

Sony opens PS5's official site.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps...NLS-04-10aaa1d

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/ps5/

SnoopZ 06-02-2020 12:08

Just need the official reveal now!

SnoopZ 17-03-2020 16:01

Looks like we will find out more on the PS5 tomorrow, PS5 lead system architect Mark Cerny will provide a deep dive into PS5’s system architecture and how it will shape the future of games.

It looks like they waited for the XSX reveal so they maybe confident it is atleast on par with the Xbox Series X.

Watch at Playstation Blog at 4pm GMT.

Source: Twitter

SnoopZ 17-03-2020 16:22

1 Attachment(s)
The guys awesome but he looks like a serial killer to me! :D

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/atta...1&d=1584462105

SnoopZ 18-03-2020 15:45

From 4PM, lets hope it's worth it.

SnoopZ 07-04-2020 22:30

1 Attachment(s)
Sony introduces us to the new PS5 controller the DualSense, thoughts?

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020...playstation-5/

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/atta...1&d=1586295317

Stephen 07-04-2020 22:41

I think I like it.

Also I'm sure the colouring will be an indication that the console will have a similar design and colour.

SnoopZ 07-04-2020 22:58

I'm in the same boat, I like the shape and I suspect the console will be white and black.

---------- Post added at 22:58 ---------- Previous post was at 22:53 ----------

I have my concerns about that lightbar shining in my face! Hope it isn't an issue but the current PSVR with camera won't work.

cimt 07-04-2020 23:34

It may work, it looks like the light goes round to the back too. It will be pointless going right round the touch pad thing though I think. Sony are slowly nailing the pad it seems.

SnoopZ 07-04-2020 23:42

The battery life better be longer!

Now that rumble is removed I can't wait to feel what has replaced it.

cimt 07-04-2020 23:55

Well it can't be worse haha. It was the light that killed that battery. It is going to be interesting just to see where the consoles start and end. Both are more or less new consoles from when they launched.

SnoopZ 08-04-2020 00:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimt (Post 36030839)
Well it can't be worse haha. It was the light that killed that battery. It is going to be interesting just to see where the consoles start and end. Both are more or less new consoles from when they launched.

The lights still there, just moved.

SnoopZ 08-04-2020 09:56

Love the look of the controller now, some people have changed the colour schemes though which make it look even better.

Stephen 08-04-2020 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36030838)
The battery life better be longer!

Now that rumble is removed I can't wait to feel what has replaced it.

I think the rumble is still there but they have added haptic feedback on the L2 and R2 buttons. Might be a better version of what Microsoft did with the X1 triggers.

SnoopZ 08-04-2020 21:19

Yes think it's there in the grips, but in the triggers they have tension I think, looking forward to it all now.

Not going to get the Xbox I don't have time for 2 consoles and prefer first party on PS.

SnoopZ 13-05-2020 19:02

Today an Unreal Engine 5 tech demo has been released running on the Playstation 5.

I am really impressed, and coming from a pure console gamer for me this is Next Gen.

Best to watch full screen and crank up the video resolution.

Stephen 13-05-2020 19:33

That engine is simply amazing. I think next gen is going to be unbelievable.

SnoopZ 13-05-2020 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 36034971)
That engine is simply amazing. I think next gen is going to be unbelievable.

When i first saw the demo i thought it was a new Tomb Raider! They should make that into a game.

Just to add it was running in 1440p with temporal accumulation which essentially adds detail from prior frames to increase resolution in the current one, i believe native 4K is such a waste if doing that improves the quality of frame rates with no real visible difference and it didn't even use Ray Tracing.

Stephen 13-05-2020 20:15

I would happily buy that if it was a real game. The lighting mechanic seemed really cool.

SnoopZ 30-05-2020 15:11

A PS5 Games Showcase has been announced for June 4th 9pm GMT.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/05...playstation-5/

Stephen 30-05-2020 16:32

I guess they won't be showing off the final console design then, just the games.

SnoopZ 30-05-2020 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 36037758)
I guess they won't be showing off the final console design then, just the games.

Would be great if they surprised us like with the controller.

Let's hope the games showcase proves more popular than Microsoft's effort.

Mythica 01-06-2020 22:05

Delayed due to the recent events in America.

SnoopZ 01-06-2020 22:11

Yes, it's understandable.

SnoopZ 08-06-2020 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36037750)
A PS5 Games Showcase has been announced for June 4th 9pm GMT.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/05...playstation-5/

Resheduled date is now June 11th 9pm BST.

SnoopZ 11-06-2020 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36039057)
Resheduled date is now June 11th 9pm BST.

Just a reminder tonight is the night for the PS5 games reveal and hopefully a few surprises, it is recommended to watch with a good set of headphones.

Stephen 11-06-2020 15:02

I'll be watching tonight. It's apparently about 2 hours long and one of the games will be a Harry Potter game. Not featuring the characters we know but a few years after the books and about a 5th year student. Supposedly pretty dark and more grown up looking.

Not sure if the final console design will appear though

SnoopZ 11-06-2020 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 36039400)
I'll be watching tonight. It's apparently about 2 hours long and one of the games will be a Harry Potter game. Not featuring the characters we know but a few years after the books and about a 5th year student. Supposedly pretty dark and more grown up looking.

Not sure if the final console design will appear though

I heard 1hr, it would be great if they do show the console as it will leak in a few weeks when production starts.

Got my Sony headset ready and Twitch installed on the PS4 so I can hear how good the PS5 sound will be, I just need to not fall asleep before it starts!

4K video will be available right after but the stream is 1080p.

Stephen 11-06-2020 15:23

Yeah 1080p 30fps for YouTube as well.

I have my headphones connected on my tablet.

Damien 11-06-2020 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36039405)
I heard 1hr, it would be great if they do show the console as it will leak in a few weeks when production starts.

Got my Sony headset ready and Twitch installed on the PS4 so I can hear how good the PS5 sound will be, I just need to not fall asleep before it starts!

Won't you just the hear the sound of your PS4/Headphones?

SnoopZ 11-06-2020 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 36039446)
Won't you just the hear the sound of your PS4/Headphones?

I don't think so, this info came from Sony.

And luckily my PS4 has always sounded silent when running lol.

Quote:

It’s also best if you watch while wearing headphones, if you can — there’s some cool audio work in the show, and it might be harder to appreciate if it’s pumped through your phone or laptop speakers.

Stephen 11-06-2020 20:18

There are 118,000 people watching the stream already. Lol.

SnoopZ 11-06-2020 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 36039461)
There are 118,000 people watching the stream already. Lol.

65K on Twitch via PS4, i read the quality maybe better via Twitch so thought i would give that a go on the TV, don't want to ruin it on a small monitor.

Stephen 11-06-2020 20:42

Stream is only 1080p though so won't look as good as the games will on the actual console.

Watching the 4k videos later will show it off better.

SnoopZ 11-06-2020 20:58

Here we go! Sofa Twitch and headphones ready, bring on the 3d audio and games.

Stephen 11-06-2020 21:17

Ughhh GTA 5 again! Its now been on 3 generations of console.

SnoopZ 11-06-2020 22:17

Jesus that was good, and finally a console reveal!

Damien 11-06-2020 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 36039477)
Ughhh GTA 5 again! Its now been on 3 generations of console.

They're really milking GTA Online.

Event was ok but far too many quirky indie games for a showcase.

cimt 11-06-2020 22:20

That console is ugly AF. Some good games though I will give them that. It looks like GTA Online will be its own thing though next gen.

SnoopZ 11-06-2020 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimt (Post 36039489)
That console is ugly AF. Some good games though I will give them that. It looks like GTA Online will be its own thing though next gen.

Console looks awesome to me, I just hope it's cooling works and it's quiet like my Pro.

Stephen 11-06-2020 22:24

Console looks very Alienware PC designed. I kinda like it.

They needed GTA 6 though. Not another 5.

Horizon 2 looks immense.

cimt 11-06-2020 22:27

Where are you gunna put it? It'll look out of place under your TV. I agree about a GTA6 though, 5 has been out for 7 years now.

SnoopZ 11-06-2020 22:31

It will look out of place but for some reason I don't care.

That reveal of everything is how you should have done it MS!

cimt 11-06-2020 22:33

Sony had a lot more time than MS to plan it. MS quickly had to change from a live venue to a Zoom call. They should of delayed it awhile.

SnoopZ 11-06-2020 22:37

You can lie the console flat.

cimt 11-06-2020 22:39

It looks even worse flat haha. I'll get a pic