Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Billing Issues (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Help, how do I get through to VM to discuss reducing my bill at the current time? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709470)

carrieann 30-10-2020 13:14

Help, how do I get through to VM to discuss reducing my bill at the current time?

(I posted this on a different thread but it was probably not the correct one).

Hi, I don't know which thread to post this in, but I hope someone can help me plse?

I have been with VM for many years and my contract is up in about 10 days. If I don't contact VM before then my monthly bill will go up by £10.

The trouble is, with everything that's going on, I can't get through to them on the phone! I've chosen the option I always choose, which is 'thinking of leaving' but I'm just held on the phone. Yesterday I tried and gave up after about 50 minutes, I'm currently on hold again but I can see that I'm not going to get through.

Does anyone have any advice for trying to sort it out and get my bill down? I've done this for many years over the phone where I've usually got a good deal, but now I'm stuck

TIA

Inactive Digital 30-10-2020 14:17

Re: Help, how do I get through to VM to discuss reducing my bill at the current time?

That is a long wait. There are messages in My Virgin Media saying some of there call centres are still closed. Phone lines will be busier at lunchtime and early evening. I'd suggest trying mid-afternoon or mid-morning, the wait to get through should be shorter.

carrieann 30-10-2020 14:37

Re: Help, how do I get through to VM to discuss reducing my bill at the current time?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inactive Digital (Post 36055585)
That is a long wait. There are messages in My Virgin Media saying some of there call centres are still closed. Phone lines will be busier at lunchtime and early evening. I'd suggest trying mid-afternoon or mid-morning, the wait to get through should be shorter.

Thank you for your reply, I've tried various times of the day but unfortunately no joy. Yes I understand it's a different situation at the moment with covid but I don't know what I'm supposed to do, it's really annoying as I can't afford to stay on the current tariff. :(

Hugh 30-10-2020 14:38

The community forum suggests ringing as soon after 8am as possible.

carrieann 30-10-2020 15:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36055591)
The community forum suggests ringing as soon after 8am as possible.

Thank you so much :)

djmagnifique 30-10-2020 15:13

I've been phoning them a few times this week as they can't seem to get my new deal correct on my account. Most days I've got through after about 10 minutes but today it took 35. Try phoning early in the morning as previously mentioned.

I have heard of some people waiting to get through for well over an hour.

On the plus side, I have gotten through to someone in the UK every time I've called this week.

oliver1948uk 30-10-2020 15:50

I was in exactly the same situation a couple of weeks ago with the added problem I can't use the phone because of hearing problems so I got my lad to ring but he was not prepared to hold on for the estimated hour.

Somehow (and I can't remember quite how) he was given a number to send a text to (or did they text him?). At first this was a robot who couldn't understand my message but passed it to a human being. She could only quote me a ridiculous price for what I had now but said she would pass it to retentions but it may take some time for them to reply.

The next day, retentions sent a text and I managed to get my excellent current deal renewed for just £2 more per month for 18 months. This was later confirmed by email.

A satisfactory conclusion.

carrieann 30-10-2020 17:13

I managed to get through eventually, many thanks for your replies. Very helpful, friendly man who has managed to give me a good deal. Like you, oliver, I have a hearing problem (tinnitus) and using the phone aggravates it, even on hands free, so I was worried about hanging on for too long.