Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Billing Issues (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Retentions - what phone options to dial (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33706869)

progers 09-10-2018 14:08

Re: Retentions - what phone options to dial

Dial 150, choose the broadband, tv etc option, then select the moving home option, then the thinking of leaving you for another reason option

jb66 09-10-2018 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35965822)
I thought you couldn't sign up again straight away you had to wait a number of months?

I've never met a salesman who would follow this rule

MrB 09-10-2018 14:50

150 from the Virgin landline then 1, 1, 4, 5.

bbxxl 31-10-2018 00:06

I was paying £88 odd for full house TV, 200mb bb and talk unlimited.
My TiVo broke and they replaced it with a V6.
A few days later I got an email saying my new bill was £92.96/month.
I really wasn’t happy and decided that was enough to push me over to actually leave virgin.
I had never phoned and said I was going to leave before as I would never say I would do something I wasn’t going to.
First thing they said was no problem, then they asked why I was leaving.
When I told them he checked and said the price increase was nothing to do with my new box but was just the annual increase...
He then said that as I’d been with them 10 years they didn’t want to lose me. I said that I wanted the VIP package but wasn’t offered it onlinrpe.
He explained they could not do the new user offer but would see what he could do.
After working out the best deal he came back with £94/month
It’s only for 9 months but he said he was sure they could do something if I phoned back then.
So , for an extra £1.04 a month I have free phone calls to all mobiles rather than just virgin mobiles.
I have 350Mb rather than 200Mb
I have sky movies and sky sports, all channels and HD.

I’m thinking that is probably worth another £1.04 a month...

jb66 31-10-2018 06:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbxxl (Post 35968687)
I really wasn’t happy and decided that was enough to push me over to actually leave virgin.
I had never phoned and said I was going to leave before as I would never say I would do something I wasn’t going to.
When I told them he checked and said the price increase was nothing to do with my new box but was just the annual increase...
He then said that as I’d been with them 10 years they didn’t want to lose me. I said that I wanted the VIP package but wasn’t offered it onlinrpe.
He explained they could not do the new user offer but would see what he could do.
It’s only for 9 months but he said he was sure they could do something if I phoned back then.
So , for an extra £1.04 a month I have free phone calls to all mobiles rather than just virgin mobiles.

In 9 months you will get shafted

SnoopZ 31-10-2018 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbxxl (Post 35968687)

Doesn't sound like a good deal to me seeing you wanted to save money, they gave me full house 200mb and phone for £76 I think for 12 months.

bbxxl 31-10-2018 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35968714)
Doesn't sound like a good deal to me seeing you wanted to save money, they gave me full house 200mb and phone for £76 I think for 12 months.

I could have probably got cheaper, but 350mb was good, Sky F1 I wanted and Sky movies are good. So I’m paying £18 for al, of that. Worth it to me.

jb66 31-10-2018 23:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbxxl (Post 35968813)
I could have probably got cheaper, but 350mb was good, Sky F1 I wanted and Sky movies are good. So I’m paying £18 for al, of that. Worth it to me.

Your going to be paying over £100 when you get shafted in month 10 11 and 12

Peter729 21-11-2018 17:46

Just renewed for 12 months 100mb broadband only for £25 per month, very happy

SnoopZ 21-11-2018 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter729 (Post 35971883)
Just renewed for 12 months 100mb broadband only for £25 per month, very happy

The current Black Friday deal is 100mbit including a phone line for £25, normal price is £27.

Peter729 21-11-2018 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35971917)
The current Black Friday deal is 100mbit including a phone line for £25, normal price is £27.

They gave me, an exsisting customer, the Black Friday deal, I was plesently surprised :)

Trekkie101 22-11-2018 13:14

Just called as existing customer that expires in February. Renewed for 12 months at £55 a month for full house with upgrade to 350 broadband. Only £5 more than my new customer deal but faster internet. No phone included in either.

Impressed!

Skie 24-11-2018 23:26

Did you call retentions to get these black friday deals?

Peter729 25-11-2018 00:04

Yes, but you must be near or at the end of your current contract