Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Billing Issues (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Retentions - what phone options to dial (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33706869)

SnoopZ 27-09-2018 10:38

Retentions - what phone options to dial

Could someone please remind me what phone options i need to dial to speak to someone at retentions(or whatever they're called now) from a VM landline please as i am finally going to phone up and try and sort the cost of my services out?

daveeb 27-09-2018 10:43

Re: Retentions - what phone options to dial

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35964569)
Could someone please remind me what phone options i need to dial to speak to someone at retentions (or whatever they're called now) from a VM landline please as i am finally going to phone up and try and sort the cost of my services out?

i rang recently and it was 1, 1, 5, 4 and then a final option which was new and unexpected so I can't remember. However once you get past the first couple it's usually the last option.

SnoopZ 27-09-2018 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveeb (Post 35964570)
i rang recently and it was 1, 1, 5, 4 and then a final option which was new and unexpected so I can't remember. However once you get past the first couple it's usually the last option.

Thanks, do i dial 150 from a VM landline and if i was to phone up in the morning is it a UK call centre?

How easy was it getting your bill down?

SirThomas 27-09-2018 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35964571)
Iwas to phone up in the morning is it a UK call centre?

They're open until 10pm 7days with UK call centre. Was told that last week.

Tom

SnoopZ 27-09-2018 11:03

What sort of price reduction are you guys getting because after the price rise i will be paying around £95 a month for basic phone, 150mbit and full house TV and i would really like to reduce it by atleast £30 a month?

RobboEdin 27-09-2018 11:07

Probably around £70 - £75 for Full House, 200Mb and Phone.

daveeb 27-09-2018 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35964577)
What sort of price reduction are you guys getting because after the price rise i will be paying around £95 a month for basic phone, 150mbit and full house TV and i would really like to reduce it by atleast £30 a month?

Mine had just gone up to £72 with the price rise for w/e phone, full house and 100 MB. they offered me £61 for 6 months going up to £65 for 12 months after that. I was pleasantly surprised and there was no haggling involved.

SnoopZ 27-09-2018 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveeb (Post 35964603)
Mine had just gone up to £72 with the price rise for w/e phone, full house and 100 MB. they offered me £61 for 6 months going up to £65 for 12 months after that. I was pleasantly surprised and there was no haggling involved.

How did you start the conversation off, did you just say something like you're looking into changing your services to reduce your bill but thought you I would see what you can do for me before I look at alternatives?

daveeb 27-09-2018 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35964628)
How did you start the conversation off, did you just say something like you're looking into changing your services to reduce your bill but thought you I would see what you can do for me before I look at alternatives?

I said something along the lines of had cable services nearly 25 years and found I don't watch much of the tv except BT sport and never use the phone. Was there anything they could do for me. Guy went off for a minute or two then came back with the offer I mentioned. As I say I was quite happy with the deal they offered me, better than other small discounts i've got in the past. I guess it's partly luck, i've had some great people in the past and some not so good.

SnoopZ 27-09-2018 19:50

Thanks, I've never done this before but hope to in the morning as I can't keep paying £95 a month when I have been a customer for 20 odd years and new customers pay far less.

daveeb 27-09-2018 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35964665)
Thanks, I've never done this before but hope to in the morning as I can't keep paying £95 a month when I have been a customer for 20 odd years and new customers pay far less.

They'll possibly try to get you to upgrade, if that's what you want then you should get a good deal. If you're happy with what you've got but want it cheaper then stick to your guns. It's definitely worth mentioning how long you've been with them and previous cable providers. Good luck ;)

MrB 28-09-2018 01:39

The best deals seem to be achieved by phoning and cancelling then awaiting a call from the outbound retentions (loyalty) team. Just thinking of leaving will likely get a small reduction, but from reviewing various discussions online most people get the best savings by actually cancelling. Make sure you have your account settings (check online) so they are allowed to contact you. This seems to be how they have designed their system (lower discounts to appease mildly disgruntled customers, bigger discounts for those actually prepared to leave), so use it.

Some of the recent discussions and deals achieved around this are captured on the following forum (as an example): https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/vir...r-31st-3017287

SnoopZ 28-09-2018 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveeb (Post 35964603)

I wasn't brave enough to quibble at the first offer or threaten to cancel so seeing this is the first time i have done this i accepted their first offer of £76 a month for Full House TV, 200mbit BB and phone and hopefully they added free caller display on to it seeing it is going free soon, so i am pretty happy and should get a better deal in 12 months time now i know what i need to do.

If dialing from a VM home phone i dialed 150 1,1,4 then did a password check.

How long does it take to show up on My Virginmedia, the BB has already upgraded.

daveeb 28-09-2018 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35964714)
I wasn't brave enough to quibble at the first offer or threaten to cancel so seeing this is the first time i have done this i accepted their first offer of £76 a month for Full House TV, 200mbit BB and phone and hopefully they added free caller display on to it seeing it is going free soon, so i am pretty happy and should get a better deal in 12 months time now i know what i need to do.

If dialing from a VM home phone i dialed 150 1,1,4 then did a password check.

How long does it take to show up on My Virginmedia, the BB has already upgraded.

Hi, you seem to have saved a reasonable amount :tu:. I guess you are in a new contract ?
As for the myVM i'm not sure how long it takes, but assuming you got a new contract (they will have sent you an online form to sign if you did) then you should get a confirmation e-mail with the new charges within 24 hours.

SnoopZ 28-09-2018 15:42

They said 12 month contract, no email yet or my virginmedia update.

daveeb 28-09-2018 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35964748)
They said 12 month contract, no email yet or my virginmedia update.

Mine took a bit longer than I expected, but if you haven't recieved anything tomorrow i'd be inclined to give them a shout (if you can get through :rolleyes:).

SnoopZ 28-09-2018 18:27

While at work I just checked myvm and that is showing the 12 month contract at £76 for 12 months but the discount lasts 18 months then is rises to £82 a month. Should have the contract in email but myvm will let me resend if not.

I feel in control now I have never had access to a digital contract before so I will give them a bell in 12 months time.

Not sure if my new price is before or after the price rise though!

RobboEdin 28-09-2018 18:41

Your new contracted price includes the latest general price increase.

richard s 05-10-2018 20:57

Sky deal ... Gulp..

https://www.sky.com/shop/tvandbroadband/#section-2

Tonydtiger 06-10-2018 10:53

Can't get a single offer from them at all, and I'm 6 days away from being cut off. No phonecalls back at all.

They also can't offer me 350mb even though I'm on it atm.

You'd think they'd at least offer me a small discount on something seen I was on 200mb BB on the ViP package for 11 of the 12 months contract.

SnoopZ 06-10-2018 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonydtiger (Post 35965490)
Can't get a single offer from them at all, and I'm 6 days away from being cut off. No phonecalls back at all.

They also can't offer me 350mb even though I'm on it atm.

You'd think they'd at least offer me a small discount on something seen I was on 200mb BB on the ViP package for 11 of the 12 months contract.

You must have a good offer already and you asked them to cancel your package calling their bluff? One of the reasons i didn't take that risk.

You haven't got VM sales calls turned off in MYVM have you, if you have you wont get a call back??

Tonydtiger 06-10-2018 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35965492)
You must have a good offer already and you asked them to cancel your package calling their bluff? One of the reasons i didn't take that risk.

You haven't got VM sales calls turned off in MYVM have you, if you have you wont get a call back??

PAying the £90 for ViP atm, although I haven't tried to get an offer like that as I'm not too fussed about the TV part. Just been trying to get BB deals.

I enabled marketing about 3 weeks ago. The only other problem I can think of is that my I've never had the home phone plugged in but I have told them lots of times to ring the mobile number for contact issues.

SnoopZ 06-10-2018 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonydtiger (Post 35965494)
PAying the £90 for ViP atm, although I haven't tried to get an offer like that as I'm not too fussed about the TV part. Just been trying to get BB deals.

I enabled marketing about 3 weeks ago. The only other problem I can think of is that my I've never had the home phone plugged in but I have told them lots of times to ring the mobile number for contact issues.

£90 seems like a good deal as new customers pay £89 and then £129 after 12 months according to their website, so that is probably why they're not giving you another deal, you may have to cancel your cancellation request if you don't have an alternative set up?

Tonydtiger 06-10-2018 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35965497)
£90 seems like a good deal as new customers pay £89 and then £129 after 12 months according to their website, so that is probably why they're not giving you another deal, you may have to cancel your cancellation request if you don't have an alternative set up?

I'll give it one more go tomorrow for a decent BB deal.

Slightly reluctant going somewhere else as i just hate 18 month contracts. Seems to be the norm now unfortunately.

daveeb 06-10-2018 16:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonydtiger (Post 35965498)

Slightly reluctant going somewhere else as i just hate 18 month contracts. Seems to be the norm now unfortunately.

But it's a dead cert thay'll put up the price multiple times in that time frame so there will always be a time within the contract period when you can cancel or renegotiate.
Edit...on reflection contracts might be immune from price rises so i could be wrong.

Mr K 06-10-2018 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveeb (Post 35965515)
But it's a dead cert thay'll put up the price multiple times in that time frame so there will always be a time within the contract period when you can cancel or renegotiate.
Edit...on reflection contracts might be immune from price rises so i could be wrong.

No one is immune from price rises with VM ....

daveeb 06-10-2018 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35965537)
No one is immune from price rises with VM ....

Yes that's the distinct impression I get, but I remembered a colleague at work told me they recently got an e-mail to say their newish contract would stay the same price until it ran out then it would go up to the increased agreed price plus the new price rise at the end of the contract period. :erm: Who knows in the mysterious world of VM.

SnoopZ 09-10-2018 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonydtiger (Post 35965498)

What happened in the end or did you cancel your cancel?

jb66 09-10-2018 13:40

As soon as your virgin cancels just immediately sign up again.

SnoopZ 09-10-2018 13:48

I thought you couldn't sign up again straight away you had to wait a number of months?

progers 09-10-2018 14:08

Dial 150, choose the broadband, tv etc option, then select the moving home option, then the thinking of leaving you for another reason option

jb66 09-10-2018 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35965822)
I thought you couldn't sign up again straight away you had to wait a number of months?

I've never met a salesman who would follow this rule

MrB 09-10-2018 14:50

150 from the Virgin landline then 1, 1, 4, 5.

bbxxl 31-10-2018 00:06

I was paying £88 odd for full house TV, 200mb bb and talk unlimited.
My TiVo broke and they replaced it with a V6.
A few days later I got an email saying my new bill was £92.96/month.
I really wasn’t happy and decided that was enough to push me over to actually leave virgin.
I had never phoned and said I was going to leave before as I would never say I would do something I wasn’t going to.
First thing they said was no problem, then they asked why I was leaving.
When I told them he checked and said the price increase was nothing to do with my new box but was just the annual increase...
He then said that as I’d been with them 10 years they didn’t want to lose me. I said that I wanted the VIP package but wasn’t offered it onlinrpe.
He explained they could not do the new user offer but would see what he could do.
After working out the best deal he came back with £94/month
It’s only for 9 months but he said he was sure they could do something if I phoned back then.
So , for an extra £1.04 a month I have free phone calls to all mobiles rather than just virgin mobiles.
I have 350Mb rather than 200Mb
I have sky movies and sky sports, all channels and HD.

I’m thinking that is probably worth another £1.04 a month...

jb66 31-10-2018 06:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbxxl (Post 35968687)
I really wasn’t happy and decided that was enough to push me over to actually leave virgin.
I had never phoned and said I was going to leave before as I would never say I would do something I wasn’t going to.
When I told them he checked and said the price increase was nothing to do with my new box but was just the annual increase...
He then said that as I’d been with them 10 years they didn’t want to lose me. I said that I wanted the VIP package but wasn’t offered it onlinrpe.
He explained they could not do the new user offer but would see what he could do.
It’s only for 9 months but he said he was sure they could do something if I phoned back then.
So , for an extra £1.04 a month I have free phone calls to all mobiles rather than just virgin mobiles.

In 9 months you will get shafted

SnoopZ 31-10-2018 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbxxl (Post 35968687)

Doesn't sound like a good deal to me seeing you wanted to save money, they gave me full house 200mb and phone for £76 I think for 12 months.

bbxxl 31-10-2018 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35968714)
Doesn't sound like a good deal to me seeing you wanted to save money, they gave me full house 200mb and phone for £76 I think for 12 months.

I could have probably got cheaper, but 350mb was good, Sky F1 I wanted and Sky movies are good. So I’m paying £18 for al, of that. Worth it to me.

jb66 31-10-2018 23:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbxxl (Post 35968813)
I could have probably got cheaper, but 350mb was good, Sky F1 I wanted and Sky movies are good. So I’m paying £18 for al, of that. Worth it to me.

Your going to be paying over £100 when you get shafted in month 10 11 and 12

Peter729 21-11-2018 17:46

Just renewed for 12 months 100mb broadband only for £25 per month, very happy

SnoopZ 21-11-2018 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter729 (Post 35971883)
Just renewed for 12 months 100mb broadband only for £25 per month, very happy

The current Black Friday deal is 100mbit including a phone line for £25, normal price is £27.

Peter729 21-11-2018 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35971917)
The current Black Friday deal is 100mbit including a phone line for £25, normal price is £27.

They gave me, an exsisting customer, the Black Friday deal, I was plesently surprised :)

Trekkie101 22-11-2018 13:14

Just called as existing customer that expires in February. Renewed for 12 months at £55 a month for full house with upgrade to 350 broadband. Only £5 more than my new customer deal but faster internet. No phone included in either.

Impressed!

Skie 24-11-2018 23:26

Did you call retentions to get these black friday deals?

Peter729 25-11-2018 00:04

Yes, but you must be near or at the end of your current contract