Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   UK Timeline : Doctor Who (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698617)

Chris 11-10-2014 21:42

Re: Doctor Who : Season 8

Superbness. I love Capaldi, even when he's not doing Tom Baker impressions. :D

Stephen 11-10-2014 21:48

That was epic!

Jelly babies brilliant.

This episode was soort of mentioned by the 10th Doctor in Big Bang.....

Paul 12-10-2014 14:48

Now last nights I really enjoyed.

Stuart 12-10-2014 16:08

If you liked the cover of "Don't Stop Me Now" by the singer Foxes (she did a suprisingly good version in a jazz style), the BBC have put a video online.

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/foxes-d...lips-67641.htm

Chris 12-10-2014 18:04

Graham Norton played it in full on Saturday morning. Didn't like it much at all. The lyrics really don't fit that style.

martyh 12-10-2014 19:12

I liked the story ,more like Dr who should be (a space train .....pure class) made better by the large slots with no Coleman ,alas it looks like the Dr and Jenna have made up so we will have to put up with her a while longer

Russ 12-10-2014 21:47

A little bit better but it comes to something when Frank Skinner's appearance improves the show. Coleman was a lot less annoying which was good and I'm looking forward to next week.

Stephen 19-10-2014 19:57

I thought that was another cracking episode.

Pretty creepy in places.

Chris 19-10-2014 19:59

I'm absolutely loving this series. Last night's was another stonker.

Stephen 19-10-2014 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 35736346)
I'm absolutely loving this series. Last night's was another stonker.

Indeed, there hasn't actually been an episode I haven't enjoyed.

My fav series since the return in 2005

Russ 19-10-2014 20:53

I think I've figured out what's wrong with this series - it doesn't work when Capaldi tries humour. They're trying to get him over as a 'darker' Doctor and I think that's effective but it all goes to pot when they bring humour in to it. It might explain why some of us are finding Coleman so annoying. Her 'ditzy' persona is at conflict with Capaldi's dark edge.

She was slightly annoying, now she's becoming teeth-grindingly irritating - that part when she's on the phone to Danny, politely trying to make excuses when any normal script-writer would have had her say "Sorry, can't speak, I'll call you back" but her silly schoolgirl whittering spoiled the whole scene for me.

Paul 19-10-2014 21:28

Enjoyed yesterdays again, let's hope the improvement continues.

Stephen 19-10-2014 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35736355)
I think I've figured out what's wrong with this series - it doesn't work when Capaldi tries humour. They're trying to get him over as a 'darker' Doctor and I think that's effective but it all goes to pot when they bring humour in to it. It might explain why some of us are finding Coleman so annoying. Her 'ditzy' persona is at conflict with Capaldi's dark edge.

She was slightly annoying, now she's becoming teeth-grindingly irritating - that part when she's on the phone to Danny, politely trying to make excuses when any normal script-writer would have had her say "Sorry, can't speak, I'll call you back" but her silly schoolgirl whittering spoiled the whole scene for me.

You say that but people in a stressful situation may react differently and I doubt I would just tell someone that I am busy if something was trying to kill me.

I find Clara is so much better with Capaldi and works because there isn't all the silly flirting.

Also maybe its a Scottish thing but I love the humour they are giving Capaldi. So hard and uncaring then them hits out with a pure killer joke.

Chris 19-10-2014 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35736355)
I think I've figured out what's wrong with this series - .

From where I'm sitting, there's nothing wrong with this series. Capaldi is superb, and he's barely broken a sweat yet.

Russ 19-10-2014 22:22

This series seems to be the most polarising yet.