Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   UK Timeline : Doctor Who (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698617)

Pierre 27-09-2014 23:06

Re: Doctor Who : Season 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 35725410)
Good episode this week.

I assume the male teacher will be the new assistant.

This " heaven" thing will be the season arc.

Nothing I have seen to think I am wrong....yet.

Russ 05-10-2014 15:50

Am about to watch last night's episode. I'm hoping the fact they filmed it on the beach down by me will enable to see it through to the end - something I was unable to do with the past 2 episodes. Not really impressed with this series yet.

Chris 05-10-2014 17:08

Man, last night's was hard viewing - dark, claustrophobic, kind of reminded me of Alien, and not just because of the immediate subject matter.

martyh 05-10-2014 19:22

I think this series will go down as the worst ever ,Capaldi doesn't seem to be settling into the role imo and Coleman just irritates me

Russ 05-10-2014 19:34

Agreed - although last night's episode wasn't too bad.

Stephen 05-10-2014 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35733113)
I think this series will go down as the worst ever ,Capaldi doesn't seem to be settling into the role imo and Coleman just irritates me

Must be watching two different series then. I have loved every episode and think its been Capaldi that has been the best thing about them.

I find Clara is so much better this season and its down to working so much better with the new doctor.

Chris 05-10-2014 21:39

This series has been consistently well received so far, audience appreciation ratings in the mid 80s and viewing figures of just under 5 million on the night, made up to around 7 million with timeshift.

Mick Fisher 06-10-2014 02:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35733113)

I already gave up on it.

I agree with you totally.

Russ 06-10-2014 05:55

I've come close to giving up on it a few times too. Never thought I'd say this but I can't wait for Coleman to leave, I agree she's been really annoying and doesn't suit the role of Capaldi's assistant. She worked well for Matt Smith but there's a something just not working with the current Doctor.

Paul 07-10-2014 01:42

I like Capaldi, and I like Clara, but the stories themselves have been a real let down so far.

Mick Fisher 07-10-2014 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35733405)
I like Capaldi, and I like Clara, but the stories themselves have been a real let down so far.

To be honest I think the poor quality of the story lines makes it impossible for anybody to shine as the Doctor or Companion.

It's not just Who or the Beeb though, I am finding mediocre story lines in most of the Drama I am watching.

New Tricks is dismal, The Driver is disappointing, GrantChester was cringworthly poor.

Hopefully the new series of Lewis will give some respite and Scott and Baily is still watchable but seems to running out of steam.

adzii_nufc 07-10-2014 17:35

I haven't taken to capaldi yet but he'll grow on me no doubt. Coleman has to go though. It doesn't work. Explore the possibility of having capaldi's doctor solo it for a while?

Mick Fisher 07-10-2014 18:12

I might be tempted to give it another try if Coleman goes. Hows about a guest companion each week?

Stephen 07-10-2014 19:14

As i have mentioned earlier I feel that Capaldi has been great so far. What he has delivered and the way he delivers it is brilliant.

Also I really feel Jenna has been written so much better this series and works a lot better with 12th. With 11 it was just flirtation and annoying. This time round she actually gets to converse in a more grown up manor.

This week looks like there will be no companion. Still in a huff I guess.

Think we need to get some more 'heaven' and Missy as they have been introduced but hardly featured. Not much of a storyline as hardly been used.

---------- Post added at 19:14 ---------- Previous post was at 19:13 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick Fisher (Post 35733541)
I might be tempted to give it another try if Coleman goes. Hows about a guest companion each week?

That just wouldn't work. You need to get to know the companion and feel involved with them. A random person each episode would just put people off IMO.

Pierre 10-10-2014 22:17

That was the best episode so far IMO.

Capaldi is great.