Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   UK Timeline : Doctor Who (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698617)

Stephen 07-09-2014 19:56

Re: Doctor Who : Season 8

Another great episode. This series is really shaping up to be the best yet.

Next weeks sounds really interesting and having read the script should be really great.

Paul 07-09-2014 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35727064)
Last night's was the first one I liked from this series.

Ditto, I really liked this one.

Even though I love the Daleks, I thought last weeks was a bit "meh" at best, last nights was much better.

Mick Fisher 08-09-2014 15:55

Well I did watch it in the end.

Once I got over the "Oh no, not Robin Hood again" moment and it got going, I have to say I quite enjoyed it.

Definately the best Ep and Capaldi's best performance so far.

Why was Robin and his merry men so "camp"? Am I missing a trick here? I thought I had it figured out but right at the end Maid Marion shows up and my theory went down in flames :)

Stephen 08-09-2014 17:12

Robin Hood is camp. See the Erroll Flynn movies. BBC version. Was also pretty camp.

martyh 08-09-2014 18:55

Having just finished watching all the episodes since the reboot it is clear that all the actors take a few episodes to find their feet and develop the character Capaldi will be no different ,a slow start but getting better

Stephen 14-09-2014 16:20

Another great performance from Capaldi. Fast becoming my fav Doctor since the comeback.

Although seems Moffat is making Clara the most important companion ever. She told him to choose that TARDIS. She now is the reason for the scary hand under the bed too.

Pierre 14-09-2014 21:21

It was very good.

Started very good, it's amazing how scary someone under a blanket can be.

Got a bit " meh" at the end, but Capaldi is captivating as the Doctor. Good times ahead.......with the right material.

Russ 14-09-2014 21:30

The most boring and tedious episode I've ever seen. I'm really hoping it gets better than this, Capaldi showed promise to begin with but I'm having a tough time seeing him fit the role.

Mick Fisher 15-09-2014 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35728927)
The most boring and tedious episode I've ever seen. I'm really hoping it gets better than this, Capaldi showed promise to begin with but I'm having a tough time seeing him fit the role.

^ This!

martyh 15-09-2014 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35728849)
Another great performance from Capaldi. Fast becoming my fav Doctor since the comeback.

Although seems Moffat is making Clara the most important companion ever. She told him to choose that TARDIS. She now is the reason for the scary hand under the bed too.

I would agree with that and say that it is a mistake ,it seems to me that the Doctor is taking somewhat of a back seat to Clara

Paul 16-09-2014 12:28

I didnt find it boring or tedious, but a bit confusing in places. Did Orson know who Clara was ? (assuming she actually is his great grandmother).

Paul 22-09-2014 16:06

So, another somewhat confusing episode.

I hope this isnt a trend, I could not follow what the hell was going on for part of this.

Mick Fisher 22-09-2014 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35730688)
So, another somewhat confusing episode. I hope this isnt a trend, I could not follow what the hell was going on for part of this.

I gave it 20 minutes before deleting it and cancelling the series link.

From its peak with Tennant's Doctor and Rose Tyler it has now degraded to incomprehensible garbage and seems to be purely an ego trip for the writers who try to outdo each other in the incomprehensibility stakes each week.

Anyway no more Saturday masochism for me.

Stephen 22-09-2014 18:22

Oh well each to their own.

I've been totally loving them all and think it's the best series in a good few years.

Chris 22-09-2014 19:03

All loved it in our house ...