Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Appeasement (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33712539)

Sephiroth 07-03-2024 08:26

Appeasement

I’ve seen it all now: It is the second time that a Conservative government has sunk to appeasement.

The enemy was at the gate in 1938 and it is now at the gate again as evidenced by the Rochdale by-election.

What do those two idiots Hunt and Sunak think will be general public reaction to the construction of a memorial to the Muslim fallen of WW2? Why now – something to do with the 300,000 ‘Free Palestine’ mob that in their hearts support Hamas? Something to do with police appeasement when genocidal messages are beamed onto Big Ben? It’s beyond shameful.

jfman 07-03-2024 08:33

Re: Appeasement

Said it before, said it again.

The Tories are the biggest threat to British culture and British values, not immigrants. The destruction of communities the length and breadth of the country turning it all into an industrial barren wasteland. The things that brought working men together - trade unions crushed, working men’s clubs closing. Similarly for a Conservative Party this one is good at pushing the atheist agenda.

If a migrant will do your job for ten pence per hour less he will be waved on in, if a German company can make trains for a single digit percentage lower cost than they can be made here those jobs will go to Germany.

It’s like the moment at the end of the Usual Suspects when you find out the answer has been staring you in the face after all the misdirection.

Sephiroth 07-03-2024 08:53

The topic is APPEASEMENT, John. Nothing to do with anything you've said.

The Muslim memorial announcement was the first item in his budget exposition. Apart from the £1m he will spaff on this peace of appeasement, it had nothing to do with the budget. It is is clumsy, an outrage and will not impress anyone, least of all the Muslim community.

Stephen 07-03-2024 09:19

Everyone that fought for the UK during WWII deserves to be honoured and remembered. They gave their lives for this country and our freedom.

Sephiroth 07-03-2024 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 36171557)
Everyone that fought for the UK during WWII deserves to be honoured and remembered. They gave their lives for this country and our freedom.

I don't quarrel with that. It is the timing of Hunt's announcement, disguised as a budget matter, that constitutes appeasement in the light of the Rochdale business and the weekly Hamas supporting demonstrations.

Don't you see it as appeasement?

Hugh 07-03-2024 09:25

It’s astonishing that you believe honouring those who fought and died for our country is "appeasement".

For context…

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b2507941.html

Quote:

The World Wars Muslim Memorial Trust registered in 2016 and seeks to honour those Muslim soldiers from the Indian subcontinent, the Middle East and North Africa who were involved in the two global conflicts.

It would also honour Muslim personnel from the UK who have died in combat in recent times.
It would be added to the many already at the National Memorial Arboretum.

https://www.thenma.org.uk/visit-us/w...t-of-memorials

jonbxx 07-03-2024 09:30

The World Wars Muslim Memorial Trust have been working on this for a number of years so well done to them.

The chair of the trust, Sir William Blackburn said;

Quote:

Our project coincides with the widespread re-evaluation of colonial history and the role Muslims play in a dynamic and changing modern Britain. We want to emphasise shared sacrifices, a common history and values, and an inclusive programme of education for everyone in the UK – Muslims and non-Muslims alike. The memorial will be a physical reminder of how people of all faiths make an impact working together and can continue to do so despite the challenges of those who attempt to divide our society

Pierre 07-03-2024 09:56

Do the victims of:

- 7/7
- 2017 London Bridge
- 2017 Manchester arena bomb

- to name a few, get a memorial.

Do Lee Rigby & David Ames get a memorial?

denphone 07-03-2024 10:26

Quote:

Exactly and anybody who thinks otherwise needs to have a good look at themselves.

Mr K 07-03-2024 10:31

Think its the OP that wants 'appeasement', by not recognising some of those that have died for his/her freedom.

Saul's Grandad 07-03-2024 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 36171561)
Do the victims of:

- 7/7
- 2017 London Bridge

Actually there are memorials of one sort or another for all those victims, so yes -
https://southwarknews.co.uk/area/sou...terror-attack/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_July_Memorial
https://www.royalgreenwich.gov.uk/ne...rigby_memorial
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-67198520
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gl...0%20May%202022.

Hugh 07-03-2024 11:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 36171561)
Do the victims of:

- 7/7
- 2017 London Bridge

Not at the National Memorial Arboretum, which is to honour those who have fallen defending the U.K. in wars and other areas, but as stated above, they do have other memorials, and Lee Rigby’s name was added to a memorial stone at the NMA in September 2015, and there is a memorial for dedicated to British victims of overseas terrorism there.

https://www.thenma.org.uk/visit-us/w...for-a-memorial

Quote:

Our Memorials

Memorials that currently feature at the Arboretum include those to:

- Her Majesty’s Armed Forces by service type, regiment, association or profession
- Those who served in specific campaigns or locations since the beginning of the 20th Century
- Our emergency services
- Civilian services, organisations, charities, fraternity/ sorority groups who have served/ serve the nation
- Military and Civilian organisations from across the Commonwealth who have served and sacrificed for the United Kingdom
- Others specifically recognised for their service or sacrifice

1andrew1 07-03-2024 12:20

Appeasement was what the UK did by signing the Munich Agreement which only encouraged Hitler to expand his territorial ambitions.

Honouring soldiers who fought for the UK in World War II is not appeasement.

mrmistoffelees 07-03-2024 12:52

What a <alcoholic drink> fuelled car crash of a thread this is

Sephiroth 07-03-2024 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36171559)
It’s astonishing that you believe honouring those who fought and died for our country is "appeasement".

For context…

It's the timing of the announcement that make it appeasement in the light of current goings on.

Of course, you see this but just like to be contrary.

---------- Post added at 13:02 ---------- Previous post was at 13:01 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 36171578)
Appeasement was what the UK did by signing the Munich Agreement which only encouraged Hitler to expand his territorial ambitions.

Honouring soldiers who fought for the UK in World War II is not appeasement.

Again, it's the timing, and the tail wagging the dog that makes it appeasement. I warn you, your descendants will end up facing East eventually.

---------- Post added at 13:03 ---------- Previous post was at 13:02 ----------

... but not announced as the introduction to the national budget and not in the current political circumstances.

GrimUpNorth 07-03-2024 13:19

Just felt the need to check how much beer and popcorn we've got in stock, because I think this is going to be some more addictive reading, and I do enjoy a good conspiracy theory.

Maggy 07-03-2024 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36171559)

For context…

:tu:

---------- Post added at 13:29 ---------- Previous post was at 13:28 ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 13:30 ---------- Previous post was at 13:29 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonbxx (Post 36171560)
The World Wars Muslim Memorial Trust have been working on this for a number of years so well done to them.

The chair of the trust, Sir William Blackburn said;

---------- Post added at 13:31 ---------- Previous post was at 13:30 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees (Post 36171581)

---------- Post added at 13:37 ---------- Previous post was at 13:31 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36171552)

I’ve seen it all now: It is the second time that a Conservative government has sunk to appeasement.

The enemy was at the gate in 1938 and it is now at the gate again as evidenced by the Rochdale by-election.

What do those two idiots Hunt and Sunak think will be general public reaction to the construction of a memorial to the Muslim fallen of WW2? Why now – something to do with the 300,000 ‘Free Palestine’ mob that in their hearts support Hamas? Something to do with police appeasement when genocidal messages are beamed onto Big Ben? It’s beyond shameful.

I am totally appalled by your attitude..How dare you?Who do you think you are?All those who have fought during WW2 deserve all the respect given for their efforts without ANY quibbling!

Sephiroth 07-03-2024 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy (Post 36171586)
:<SNIP>

I am totally appalled by your attitude..How dare you?Who do you think you are?All those who have fought during WW2 deserve all the respect given for their efforts without ANY quibbling!

What? All of a sudden? With the Rochdale backdrop?
With the Hamas supporting demonstrations and all the antisemitism?

This pitiful virtue signalling will catch up with you one day.

Who do I think I am? Just a forum member expressing an opinion based on the bleedin' obvious.

Ms NTL 07-03-2024 14:12

Quote:

:D

Hugh 07-03-2024 14:12

"bleedin’ obvious" ≠ "paranoid Great Replacement Theory bolleaux"

Stephen 07-03-2024 14:12

Seph you have some serious issues and hatred in you.

Sephiroth 07-03-2024 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 36171595)
Seph you have some serious issues and hatred in you.

Not at all. It's there - right in front of our eyes. Hatred doesn't come into the matter from my side.

I can't say the same about hatred about the other side.

TheDaddy 07-03-2024 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36171596)

the other side a different brand of extremist? Different cheeks of the same arse imho

Damien 07-03-2024 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36171592)
What? All of a sudden? With the Rochdale backdrop?
With the Hamas supporting demonstrations and all the antisemitism?

This pitiful virtue signalling will catch up with you one day.

Who do I think I am? Just a forum member expressing an opinion based on the bleedin' obvious.

You're slagging off a memorial for people who died for Britain in WW2.

Stephen 07-03-2024 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36171596)
Not at all. It's there - right in front of our eyes. Hatred doesn't come into the matter from my side.

Well it certainly ly sounds like it from a lot of your posts.

Ms NTL 07-03-2024 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 36171598)
the other side a different brand of extremist? Different cheeks of the same arse imho

I disagree with your metaphor, the problem is the crack. We use either hand to wipe it, Muslims only use the left hand.

1andrew1 07-03-2024 15:50

Quote:

This thread is rivalling the Online Safety Bill thread as a cause that unites almost all Cable Forum members together.

Hugh 07-03-2024 16:16

1 Attachment(s)
https://www.cableforum.uk/board/atta...4&d=1709828179

Chris 07-03-2024 16:32

What a charmer. Someone remind me how much he just had to pay Mukhtar Ali Yassin to make the libel action Lozza himself started, go away …

peanut 07-03-2024 16:37

I thought the Cenotaph was a / the memorial for all. :shrug:

Ms NTL 07-03-2024 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36171607)
What a charmer. Someone remind me how much he just had to pay Mukhtar Ali Yassin to make the libel action Lozza himself started, go away …

Please explain, I am not familiar with the guys above.

Sirius 07-03-2024 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth (Post 36171585)
Just felt the need to check how much beer and popcorn we've got in stock, because I think this is going to be some more addictive reading, and I do enjoy a good conspiracy theory.

I think Tinfoil hats will be needed as this thread progresses.

https://youtu.be/wFNO2sSW-mU?t=35

Chris 07-03-2024 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms NTL (Post 36171609)
Please explain, I am not familiar with the guys above.

Laurence Fox: small-time actor turned political activist.
Mukhtar Ali Yasim: small-time actor turned political activist.

Got into a fight on Xitter, during which Mukhtar called Fox some not-nice-names. Fox started a libel action. Fox, for reasons, decided to stop the libel action and tried to negotiate an end to it with Mukhtar. Mukhtar declined to let it drop quietly and insisted on it being formally dismissed with Lozza Fox paying him £1,000s in legal costs.

N.B. Fox is going around telling anyone who will listen that he has decided to ‘discontinue’ his libel action but that description is not entirely congruent with reality. He may have wanted to merely discontinue and walk away, but the only way he could make it stop was to agree to Mukhtar’s demand for formal dismissal. Which, in legal terms, is tantamount to Lozza accepting he lost the case. Diddums.

Sephiroth 07-03-2024 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 36171601)
Well it certainly ly sounds like it from a lot of your posts.

Maybe your inference - but I cannot hate people. All I'm doing is to warn you of the looming problem that the critical mass of of an incompatible culture will bring.

EDIT:
... and expressing surprise that the first budget item was a memorial to the Muslim fallen; an obvious piece of patronisation that will not be well received by normal people, imo.

jonbxx 07-03-2024 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut (Post 36171608)
I thought the Cenotaph was a / the memorial for all. :shrug:

The Cenotaph memorialises those killed, hence the inscription ‘THE GLORIOUS DEAD’. The planned memorial is for all who fought. According to the World War Muslim Memorial Trust, onwards of 600,000 Muslims fought in the Indian Army alone. In addition, more than 300,000 North African Muslims fought for the Free French

Hugh 07-03-2024 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36171612)
Maybe your inference - but I cannot hate people. All I'm doing is to warn you of the looming problem that the critical mass of of an incompatible culture will bring.

EDIT:
... and expressing surprise that the first budget item was a memorial to the Muslim fallen; an obvious piece of patronisation that will not be well received by normal people, imo.

Or you, apparently... ;)

ianch99 07-03-2024 17:34

Quote:

Tend to agree. Kind of weird thing to obsess over when there are far more important ones to worry about.

mrmistoffelees 07-03-2024 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36171612)

EDIT:

Just the religions that they choose to follow

I can see you now lying in bed drunkenly beating your pillow whilst looking longingly at the framed photo of your beloved Tory politician screaming ‘Why? Why have you forsaken me ?’

Sephiroth 07-03-2024 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees (Post 36171631)
Just the religions that they choose to follow

I can see you now lying in bed drunkenly beating your pillow whilst looking longingly at the framed photo of your beloved Tory politician screaming ‘Why? Why have you forsaken me ?’

Rubbish.

mrmistoffelees 07-03-2024 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36171634)
Rubbish.

You could have just edited your original post to this response and it would have kept the same meaning.

1andrew1 07-03-2024 22:28

Whilst I don't buy into Seph's conspiracy theory, I do think it was a bit strange to have this as a budget item, especially at the start. I ascribe this to the government drowning, not waving.

Sephiroth 07-03-2024 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 36171648)
Whilst I don't buy into Seph's conspiracy theory, I do think it was a bit strange to have this as a budget item, especially at the start. I ascribe this to the government drowning, not waving.

At least you've met me half way, Andrew.

Hugh 07-03-2024 23:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 36171648)

I would agree with you, but I see it as trying to appeal to a segment of voters they’ve alienated*, not "appeasement".

*I know - which segment of voters haven’t they alienated…

1andrew1 07-03-2024 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36171653)
I would agree with you, but I see it as trying to appeal to a segment of voters they’ve alienated*, not "appeasement".

*I know - which segment of voters haven’t they alienated…

Yup. I took it as the Conservative Party trying to disassociate itself from Lee Anderson's Islamophobic comments.

Paul 07-03-2024 23:41

So, I looked up Lee Anderson.

His comments were, apparently ;

Quote:

I don’t actually believe that the Islamists have got control of our country, but what I do believe is they’ve got control of Khan and they’ve got control of London, and they’ve got control of Starmer as well.
Quote:

People are just turning up in their thousands, and doing anything they want, and they are laughing at our police. This stems with Khan, he’s actually given our capital city away to his mates.
Please explain to me how these are "Islamophobic" :confused:

1andrew1 08-03-2024 00:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36171656)
So, I looked up Lee Anderson.

His comments were, apparently ;

Please explain to me how these are "Islamophobic" :confused:

This article explains why. There are obviously those who will disagree.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b2503034.html

Paul 08-03-2024 01:57

It does not explain why at all.

Quote:

Islamophobia is a fear, prejudice and hatred of Muslims that leads to provocation, hostility and intolerance by means of threatening, harassment, abuse, incitement and intimidation of Muslims and non-Muslims, both in the online and offline world.
Those quotes do not do any of these things, seems more like another case of people just making stuff when they dont like a view.
The practice these days, when people disagree, seems to be they just resort to labels like [something]ic, or [something]obia, or [something]ist. :rolleyes:

We have a fair number of forum members who could be labelled 'conservatobic', or 'brexitist' .. :angel:

1andrew1 08-03-2024 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36171663)
It does not explain why at all.

Those quotes do not do any of these things, seems more like another case of people just making stuff when they dont like a view.
The practice these days, when people disagree, seems to be they just resort to labels like [something]ic, or [something]obia, or [something]ist. :rolleyes:

We have a fair number of forum members who could be labelled 'conservatobic', or 'brexitist' .. :angel:

Multiple definitions of Islamophobia abound as the article details. As we've seen from some of the protests against the situation in Gaza, some phrases are seen as anti-Semitic by some and not by others.

Are labels a 2024 thing? I suspect they've always been with us.

Sephiroth 08-03-2024 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 36171676)
Multiple definitions of Islamophobia abound as the article details. As we've seen from some of the protests against the situation in Gaza, some phrases are seen as anti-Semitic by some and not by others.

Are labels a 2024 thing? I suspect they've always been with us.

The important part of the word is 'phobia'.

Hugh 08-03-2024 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36171678)
The important part of the word is 'phobia'.

So true…

Quote:

an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something.

Ms NTL 08-03-2024 09:45

I found this funny. Apologies, if offend anyone (You probably have seen it). Turn the sound on!

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1051315849284183

Sephiroth 08-03-2024 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms NTL (Post 36171681)
I found this funny. Apologies, if offend anyone (You probably have seen it). Turn the sound on!

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1051315849284183

QED.

Hugh 08-03-2024 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36171682)
QED.

Yes, a five year old edited/clipped video from the Iranian State propaganda channel proves the Great Replacement Theory…

:rolleyes:

Sephiroth 08-03-2024 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36171685)
Yes, a five year old edited/clipped video from the Iranian State propaganda channel proves the Great Replacement Theory…

:rolleyes:

Why do you think Iran said all that? It's their plan. QED.

Pierre 08-03-2024 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36171679)
So true…

Therefore to criticise Islam, and the actions of muslims and Islamists is not Islamophobic.

Got it, cheers.

Hugh 08-03-2024 15:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 36171689)
Therefore to criticise Islam, and the actions of muslims and Islamists is not Islamophobic.

Got it, cheers.

That’s an interesting* interpretation of what I posted…

*not related to it at all

ianch99 08-03-2024 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36171693)

*not related to it at all

A wonderful counterpoint to the position where criticising Israel *is* anti-Semitic :)

Pierre 08-03-2024 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36171693)

But, according to the definition you posted ……accurate.

---------- Post added at 19:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:22 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianch99 (Post 36171700)
A wonderful counterpoint to the position where criticising Israel *is* anti-Semitic :)

Criticism of the Israel government - not anti-Semitic

Calling for Israel not to exist - anti-Semitic

It’s very simple.

Sephiroth 08-03-2024 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianch99 (Post 36171700)

Unconscious bias?

nomadking 08-03-2024 19:33

Do any other religious groups currently have a memorial?

Damien 08-03-2024 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 36171711)

Sikhs do I think

1andrew1 08-03-2024 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 36171711)

Yes, many but not Muslims yet.

Pierre 08-03-2024 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 36171714)
Yes, many but not Muslims yet.

Why do they have to be grouped by religion? Surely nationality is the only way they should be remembered? Or regiment they served in.

Are the Gurkhas remembered on a specific Hindu memorial?

I’m all for remembering soldiers that gave their lives for us all, I don’t see why religion is the group dynamic that defines their sacrifice.

nomadking 08-03-2024 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 36171712)
Sikhs do I think

But not with £1m of taxpayer money or a government announcement.

Link

Quote:

The statue was created by artist Taranjit Singh and paid for with council funding and donations from Sikh congregations.
A factor will have been:-
Quote:

Sikhs made up more than 20% of the British Indian Army at the outbreak of World War One.

1andrew1 08-03-2024 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 36171716)
But not with £1m of taxpayer money or a government announcement.

Link

A factor will have been:-

Council funding is taxpayer funding But if you think it's an attempt to buy Muslim votes, I'm not going to disagree..

---------- Post added at 21:04 ---------- Previous post was at 21:02 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 36171715)
Why do they have to be grouped by religion? Surely nationality is the only way they should be remembered? Or regiment they served in.

Are the Gurkhas remembered on a specific Hindu memorial?

I’m all for remembering soldiers that gave their lives for us all, I don’t see why religion is the group dynamic that defines their sacrifice.

Not been there but seem plenty of precedents to group by religion and opportunities for people to have questioned this.

nomadking 08-03-2024 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 36171717)
Council funding is taxpayer funding.

---------- Post added at 21:04 ---------- Previous post was at 21:02 ----------

Not been there but seem plenty of precedents to group by religion and opportunities for people to have questioned this.

Not £1m and NOT central government. It was a local campaign.

1andrew1 08-03-2024 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 36171719)
Not £1m and NOT central government. It was a local campaign.

I didn't say how much it was and whether it was a local campaign or a central Conservative government one. It's still taxpayers that cough up.

Do you think the government is trying to buy votes?

ianch99 08-03-2024 23:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36171709)
Unconscious bias?

Nah, very conscious objective fact.

Sephiroth 09-03-2024 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianch99 (Post 36171723)
Nah, very conscious objective fact.

Makes it worse.

ianch99 09-03-2024 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36171737)
Makes it worse.

Not really. There are those will be always conflate legitimate criticism of Israel with anti-Semitism. In the same way as those who do the same for Islam and Islamophobia.

The real world is nuanced and some do not/are unable to get this.

Sephiroth 09-03-2024 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianch99 (Post 36171764)
Not really. There are those will be always conflate legitimate criticism of Israel with anti-Semitism. In the same way as those who do the same for Islam and Islamophobia.

The real world is nuanced and some do not/are unable to get this.

I think you need to adjust your simile.

Israel / antisemitism vs Islam / Islamophobia - that doesn't work.

You might as well have said Judaism / antisemitism vs Islam / Islamophobia.

So can you rephrase to get your meaning out, please?

ianch99 11-03-2024 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36171766)
I think you need to adjust your simile.

Israel / antisemitism vs Islam / Islamophobia - that doesn't work.

You might as well have said Judaism / antisemitism vs Islam / Islamophobia.

So can you rephrase to get your meaning out, please?

No, I think my post stands. People criticising Islam can be accused of Islamophobia to shut them down in the same way that people who criticise Israel can be accused of Anti-Semitism. You have seen it here on this forum.

Pierre 12-03-2024 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianch99 (Post 36171878)
No, I think my post stands. People criticising Islam can be accused of Islamophobia to shut them down in the same way that people who criticise Israel can be accused of Anti-Semitism. You have seen it here on this forum.

That's fair.