Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017) (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704203)

Mad Max 23-05-2017 23:00

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:

Originally Posted by theone2k10 (Post 35900161)
Other option is to hit them in the pocket and leave completely (if other services are available) best thing i did leaving virgin media no more throttling, youtube works perfectly, no more site blocks either and content i want to see.
For those who say i've gone to darkside or bts spokesperson you know who you are :p: i'm no longer with sky or bt am wrapping up my switch over to Origin for truly unrestricted broadband without traffic managing and none of this nonsense blocking torrents, a lot of torrents are perfectly leagal such as drm expired content, or videos new and upcoming artists want people to see for free etc.

I agree with you and totally understand, but I love the football and where else can I watch it?

theone2k10 23-05-2017 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 35900162)
I agree with you and totally understand, but I love the football and where else can I watch it?

nowtv skysports pack and grab a sim card of by get btsport1 free.
You know how i watch football via usa services and a vpn.
But i personally don't think the pq is that good on nowtv however on nbcsports it is superb rivals sky hd imo.
Always happy to help in anyway i can if you decide to go down that route mate.

Mad Max 23-05-2017 23:28

Thx mate, appreciate your help.

denphone 24-05-2017 04:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by theone2k10 (Post 35900165)
nowtv skysports pack and grab a sim card of by get btsport1 free.
You know how i watch football via usa services and a vpn.
But i personally don't think the pq is that good on nowtv however on nbcsports it is superb rivals sky hd imo.
Always happy to help in anyway i can if you decide to go down that route mate.

All companies have their strengths and weaknesses so at the end of the day its about what fit suits the customer the most.

RichardCoulter 24-05-2017 06:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by theone2k10 (Post 35900161)
Other option is to hit them in the pocket and leave completely (if other services are available) best thing i did leaving virgin media no more throttling, youtube works perfectly, no more site blocks either and content i want to see.
For those who say i've gone to darkside or bts spokesperson you know who you are :p: i'm no longer with sky or bt am wrapping up my switch over to Origin for truly unrestricted broadband without traffic managing and none of this nonsense blocking torrents, a lot of torrents are perfectly leagal such as drm expired content, or videos new and upcoming artists want people to see for free etc.

Not heard of Origin before.

theone2k10 24-05-2017 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35900180)
All companies have their strengths and weaknesses so at the end of the day its about what fit suits the customer the most.

Exactly sire but no harm in trying to help someone and give advice if they wish to try the online route.

---------- Post added at 13:02 ---------- Previous post was at 13:01 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35900183)
Not heard of Origin before.

They based in Yorkshire uk call centres too 38mbs truly unlimited with 10mbs uploads including weekend calls £24.95pm.
They use Plusnets network so it should run like a dream.

denphone 24-05-2017 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by theone2k10 (Post 35900212)
Exactly sire but no harm in trying to help someone and give advice if they wish to try the online route..

Indeed.:tu:

Media Boy UK 24-05-2017 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by nodrogd (Post 35900012)
Free upgrades if you have the older Scientific Atlanta V+.
The Samsung V+ is still a chargeable upgrade as it can still receive the HD channels after the end of the month.

I got an free upgrade from Samsung V+.

I got TiVo in today and so far I do not like that I need to record to set an reminder.

---------- Post added at 16:18 ---------- Previous post was at 16:06 ----------

Also my TiVo box has confirm that Sky Cinema Star Wars will be rebrand back to Sky Cinema Greats on Tuesday at 7.15am on Virgin Media.

---------- Post added at 16:27 ---------- Previous post was at 16:18 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by nodrogd (Post 35900012)
Free upgrades if you have the older Scientific Atlanta V+.
The Samsung V+ is still a chargeable upgrade as it can still receive the HD channels after the end of the month.

Can you give me an link to that story about HD Channels being removed from Scientific Atlanta V+ boxes?

That news to us.

BenMcr 24-05-2017 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 35900237)
Can you give me an link to that story about HD Channels being removed from Scientific Atlanta V+ boxes?

That news to us.

It's been going on since the end of 2015 - it started with the Sky Sports and Cinema HD channels:
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...e/td-p/2973856

What is actually now happening is that all SA V+ HD boxes will be disconnected completely - all channels will be removed, not just HD ones.

Media Boy UK 24-05-2017 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 35900245)
It's been going on since the end of 2015 - it started with the Sky Sports and Cinema HD channels:
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...e/td-p/2973856

What is actually now happening is that all SA V+ HD boxes will be disconnected completely - all channels will be removed, not just HD ones.

Any date on when all the SA V+ HD Boxes will be disconnected?

BenMcr 24-05-2017 16:50

Yes - end of this month. At some point after that, Virgin Media will move all HD channels over to MPEG4.

mhatter67 24-05-2017 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 35900250)
Yes - end of this month. At some point after that, Virgin Media will move all HD channels over to MPEG4.

So Ben does that mean we can record more HD programs to our hard drives as mp4 is much smaller file sizes?

BenMcr 24-05-2017 17:23

I believe that will be the case yes. No idea yet what exactly the difference will be but I'm sure that'll become clear once the change happens.

OLD BOY 24-05-2017 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 35900237)
I got an free upgrade from Samsung V+.

I got TiVo in today and so far I do not like that I need to record to set an reminder.

---------- Post added at 16:18 ---------- Previous post was at 16:06 ----------

Sar Wars will be rebrand back to Sky Cinema Greats on Tuesday at 7.15am on Virgin Media.

---------- Post added at 16:27 ---------- Previous post was at 16:18 ----------

That news to us.

This issue has come up before. Sorry, remind me, why exactly is the remind and record feature so problematical for you? Surely, if you miss the reminder, the box will record that programme for you. If you don't want the programme, just delete it.

---------- Post added at 18:07 ---------- Previous post was at 18:03 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 35900255)
I believe that will be the case yes. No idea yet what exactly the difference will be but I'm sure that'll become clear once the change happens.

How will we know when that change happens, Ben? Will there be an announcement?

Will programmes in HD already recorded suddenly use less space on the hard drive of my V6s or will this only be the case for the new recordings using MPEG 4?

DaMac 24-05-2017 18:25

It will be the case only for newly recorded programmes as all the TiVo does is archive the transport stream, no actual encoding is done.