Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   What have you fixed lately? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33694731)

Osem 21-02-2014 22:16

Re: What have you fixed lately?

Just fixed one of Mrs Osem's watch straps. I'm on a roll... :)

Tinky 22-02-2014 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35674530)
Just fixed one of Mrs Osem's watch straps. I'm on a roll... :)

There's something quite satisfying about being able to fix something that you know would cost you £s in the shops.

At the mo I'm doing loads of painting/repairing/gardening (when the weather is dry) as we are hoping to sell our house and downsize. :)

Osem 22-02-2014 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 35674621)
There's something quite satisfying about being able to fix something that you know would cost you £s in the shops.
At the mo I'm doing loads of painting/repairing/gardening (when the weather is dry) as we are hoping to sell our house and downsize. :)

Too true - it's like a drug lol.

Best of luck with the DIY and house sale, we're not planning to move but there's loads to do here that I've been putting off for far too long... :erm:

solitaire 22-02-2014 15:57

Just decorated my daughter's bedroom, and fixed her coax on the TV aerial which had worked loose.

Tinky 23-02-2014 12:34

2 Attachment(s)
I often find that some jobs I do lead on to others like here >

1 st picture now you see it 2nd picture now you.............see it :rolleyes:

Gary L 23-02-2014 13:17

A mates indicators weren''t working on his bike. so he rode it all the way to me 12 miles away because he's thick.

Taf 23-02-2014 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 35674901)
I often find that some jobs I do lead on to others like here >

I did the same thing yesterday, Kiwi vines had got out of control. Managed to shred it all for composting before the sun set. 4 binbags full!

Picked more Kiwi fruit off that part of the vine... 3.2kg in all. I sense a jam session coming up....

Osem 23-02-2014 21:13

Kiwi chutney maybe?? Could be very nice... :)

Osem 06-03-2014 11:33

Good fix mate!

I fixed a problem with my phone intermittently rebooting. Since it only happened when I'd been out and about, I thought a loose battery might be the root of the problem so carefully positioned some thin card to prevent it from moving around. A few days later with no reboots, this seems to have done the trick. :)

MikeyB 06-03-2014 12:27

I fixed the video output on my ZX Spectrum at the weekend.

The picture was pretty bad (even for a Spectrum) when I last used it a few months ago, but this time it was unusable.
So did a quick conversion from RF to use composite, can now see everything better than ever. :tu:

Tinky 08-03-2014 20:34

Hung/hanged a roll of wallpaper (been in the garage a couple of years) looks good with the new paint in conservatory. Cleaned the rone pipe at the back of the house, painted the wall at the front of the house. Tomorrow (hopefully) cut the grass front and back. Several more steps towards selling (I hope). :)

Osem 08-03-2014 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 35678815)
Hung/hanged a roll of wallpaper (been in the garage a couple of years) looks good with the new paint in conservatory. Cleaned the rone pipe at the back of the house, painted the wall at the front of the house. Tomorrow (hopefully) cut the grass front and back. Several more steps towards selling (I hope). :)

Well done Tinks!

I've been keeping my old wallpaper for the day when it'd be back in fashion, just like some of my clothes... :D

Uncle Peter 09-03-2014 14:41

Just cleaned out the cooling fans and vents in my ageing Macbook Pro.

There's still some life left in it despite the abuse it's endured over the past 5 and a half years. Either way, no way I'll be replacing it with something that's held together with glue like the new one.

dilli-theclaw 09-03-2014 14:51

I fixed the dishwasher today :) well got it all working again.

ThunderPants73 09-03-2014 16:57

My mudguard strut to my bike frame with a zip tie. Whoever invented them deserves a medal.